What's new

Culturally Insensitive man bets a million dollars...

I believe 14 years, as opposed to most of their lives, and as a third condition, be a minimum of 35 years old.

So based on this his location of birth is irrelevant. He could have been born in Mongolia for all it matters. His mom is American. Case closed.

I know it has to do with being born here, but am not aware how live here for most their lives.

This says “natural born citizen”.

https://www.loc.gov/teachers/classr...ons/elections/requirements-for-president.html

Natural born citizen has been interpreted to mean born in the US or a citizen from the moment of birth.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause

So basically, as far as I can tell, this only matter if one feels it MUST be born in US and not citizen at birth.

2 official certificates were released, neither fabricated. Is there any conservative site so unreliable you won't swallow what it says whole?
Back in 2011 I was about as into politics as Elizabeth Warren is Native American.

Do you always try and be a pompous *******?

You continue to show that you get off on being wrong and you make piss poor assumptions.

This says “natural born citizen”.

https://www.loc.gov/teachers/classr...ons/elections/requirements-for-president.html

Natural born citizen has been interpreted to mean born in the US or a citizen from the moment of birth.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-citizen_clause

So basically, as far as I can tell, this only matter if one feels it MUST be born in US and not citizen at birth.

That's what I figured, but didn't know if there were more to it. Thanks for sharing.

For what it is worth, a lot of politicians on both sides raised the birther issue when George Romney ran for President. He was clearly a U.S. Citizen, but it didn't stop people from trying to use that against him. 'merica.

Are we not all entitled to our own heritage?

not if it's 1/500th lol Common sense really

The earliest I can be certain anybody in my branches arrived on these shores was 1852. If I could be certain I had any Native American ancestry, even as little as 1/1024, I'd be very proud of that fact. The reason for that is I'd love knowing I had at least some ancestry with the deepest roots possible in North America. At present, we can be fairly certain humans arrived in North America by 18,000-20,000 years ago. There are sites dated older then that, but that's a conservative estimate that is generally accepted. Arrival in this hemisphere might have been earlier. Now, that's just how I would feel. I have always loved the study of American prehistory, and so it would be very cool to me to know I had even a tiny percentage of ancestry with exceedingly deep roots here. I'd also like being able to say I had ancestors here in colonial times, but I can't. Simply because I love American history, as well as its prehistory. What events in our history that my ancestors did partake in, I am proud of. I'll take what I can get.

Now, I would not identify as Native American, with such a tiny percentage, but I think it would be great just the same, I'd be delighted.

The earliest I can be certain anybody in my branches arrived on these shores was 1852. If I could be certain I had any Native American ancestry, even as little as 1/1024, I'd be very proud of that fact. The reason for that is I'd love knowing I had at least some ancestry with the deepest roots possible in North America. At present, we can be fairly certain humans arrived in North America by 18,000-20,000 years ago. There are sites dated older then that, but that's a conservative estimate that is generally accepted. Arrival in this hemisphere might have been earlier. Now, that's just how I would feel. I have always loved the study of American prehistory, and so it would be very cool to me to know I had even a tiny percentage of ancestry with exceedingly deep roots here. I'd also like being able to say I had ancestors here in colonial times, but I can't. Simply because I love American history, as well as its prehistory. What events in our history that my ancestors did partake in, I am proud of. I'll take what I can get.

Now, I would not identify as Native American, with such a tiny percentage, but I think it would be great just the same, I'd be delighted.

Good post mate. Common sense

Back in 2011 I was about as into politics as Elizabeth Warren is Native American.

I didn't realize you had made that post back in 2011.

Do you always try and be a pompous *******?

I don't try. Really, it's no effort at all, it comes perfectly naturally.

You continue to show that you get off on being wrong and you make piss poor assumptions.

Yeah, that you got false information on Obama's birth certificate from a conservative site was a gigantic, huge, titanic assumption. It could have happened so many other places.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t know **** about my family past my grandpa. I can’t trace **** back 6 generations let alone 10.

I bet most of us can find some % of our ancestory from different parts of the world to include Native American. I have what is shown as "unknown Savage" in my geneology. Not my term, theirs, but guess what? I'm not going to use that for political or financial gain. I am close to 1/35 Unknown savage (i.e. Cherokee). But I would never use it to gain votes, $ etc... Let a long 1/1000 and claim to be Cherokee to get votes. Most politicians on both sides of the isle would do this for votes. It's a shame that people cant just stand on their own merits.

I used to vote primarily democrat, but I am finding more and more that the people I used to believe in are no better than you or me and in many cases much worse. I think Elizabeth Warren is only in this for herself. We need term limits.

Those who are blinded by following the cause of the democratic party or the republican party exclusively are those that are causing more damage to our country than Donald Trump or Obama ever could. We are the reason behind our flawed country. We vote along lines, not by the person. This is degrading the voter system and the republic as a whole.

Edit: I blame stoked and possibly one brow.

I bet most of us can find some % of our ancestory from different parts of the world to include Native American. I have what is shown as "unknown Savage" in my geneology. Not my term, theirs, but guess what? I'm not going to use that for political or financial gain. I am close to 1/35 Unknown savage (i.e. Cherokee). But I would never use it to gain votes, $ etc... Let a long 1/1000 and claim to be Cherokee to get votes. Most politicians on both sides of the isle would do this for votes. It's a shame that people cant just stand on their own merits.

This, We are all mutts.

If we were dogs we’d all look like this:

upload_2018-10-16_16-9-9.jpeg

Simply different colors of fur.

Yeah, that you got false information on Obama's birth certificate from a conservative site was a gigantic, huge, titanic assumption. It could have happened so many other places.

I read KSL and CNN back in 2011 when all of this was going down and could careless for politics back then.

You, on the other hand, I'm sure have a long history or reading skewed, bipartisan, liberal trash sites like buzzfeed, vox, mothergoose. You're further left than Alex Jones is right.

Those who are blinded by following the cause of the democratic party or the republican party exclusively are those that are causing more damage to our country than Donald Trump or Obama ever could. We are the reason behind our flawed country. We vote along lines, not by the person. This is degrading the voter system and the republic as a whole.

I voted a couple of days ago. It was a mix of democrats and republicans that i voted for on my ballot.

*slow clap*