What's new

Culturally Insensitive man bets a million dollars...

Yeah, man. I read about it afterwards. I thought the official one was never released and the one they did release was fabricated.
He released it in 2011 so you can tell how much I followed that. I always thought it was a dumb rule anyways. If that's a point to stop someone from being president, then you probably don't have a point.
Which tells us everything we need to know about where your mindset is and where you get your information.

Which tells us everything we need to know about where your mindset is and where you get your information.
It does. Apathetic and ignorantly bliss.

I do not care about it and didn't follow politics closely when this was all current. I thought the BC form that was released was not the "real" one or like a copy of one and that's why there was so much controversy. Again, I do not care nor is it an issue to me.

I live in conservative Utah and probably subconsciously saw something on Facebook. I have never habitually read a conservative news paper in my life - unless you count KSL.

I mean, I'm glad I looked this up and learned more about it, but trying to slam me for this is a bit silly. I tried to make a joke with some info and was incorrect. My bad. Shoot me.

Since I don't just hate all Muslims for the sake of hatred alone, I wouldn't care if he was Muslim, but the claims that he was a "secret Muslim", IMO, was just part of the fear and racial animosity toward Obama that included birtherism as well as these claims that he was not a Christian.

I think he is Muslim, not an issue to me at all, but covering it up and not being proud of it reeks of being a professional actor/politician.

I think he is Muslim, not an issue to me at all, but covering it up and not being proud of it reeks of being a professional actor/politician.

Doesn't he have a history of going to a Christian church for a while now?

I've never understood why people say he's Muslim. What is this based off of? His name?

FB_IMG_1539752620647_zpssqoimrez.jpg

Since I don't just hate all Muslims for the sake of hatred alone, I wouldn't care if he was Muslim, but the claims that he was a "secret Muslim", IMO, was just part of the fear and racial animosity toward Obama that included birtherism as well as these claims that he was not a Christian. Some people hated Obama when he was a senator, some people hated Obama when he was president, and some people hate Obama to this day. That hatred seeks out whatever can buttress that hatred, no matter how irrational. I don't take any of these claims at face value or as somehow proven, as they are based on fear of "the other", racial animosity, and embracing the belief that all Muslims are the enemies of America.

"I'm a Christian by choice. My family didn't—frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn't raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead—being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me. And I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes, and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God. But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do. That's what I pray to do every day. I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith".

— Barack Obama, September 27, 2010.[30][31]

I wasn't being serious. It seemed to fit the thread well with the **** offs freaking out over archie's off the cuff remark.

I wasn't being serious. It seemed to fit the thread well with the **** offs freaking out over archie's off the cuff remark.
I must suffer for my sins and misunderstanding about a document that's not important to me and take upon myself that I read allz the conservative sites and got off to Alex Jones and co in 2011.

Forgive me, liberal Jazzfanz. I now, and have always had the same view on Obama's BC. Those who knew the form was authentic are so much better, smarter, wiser, and holier than me. I pray, with the help of Vox and Buzzfeed, I will better learn your trigger verbage and I swear to call people things, especially when they say they aren't, to conform with my liberal bias.
Idestroyedthetoliet is a Nazi, fascist, racist of the worst kind, and he reads papers he says he doesn't. We shall blame Trump and then him and others like him for all of our troubles. Trump is the reason I did not know the real Obama BC was released. The horse face ****er.

Shame on him the toilet destroyer. Shame on his inferior morals. And shame on his lack of keeping up with 2018.

His father is Muslim, as well.

Just to put this to rest

Religious views
Obama is a Protestant Christian whose religious views developed in his adult life.[82] He wrote in The Audacity of Hope that he "was not raised in a religious household". He described his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as being detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He described his father as a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." Obama explained how, through working with black churches as a community organizer while in his twenties, he came to understand "the power of the African-American religious tradition to spur social change."[83]

The Obamas worship at African Methodist Episcopal Church in Washington, D.C., January 2013
In January 2008, Obama told Christianity Today: "I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life."[84] On September 27, 2010, Obama released a statement commenting on his religious views saying, "I'm a Christian by choice. My family didn't – frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn't raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead – being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me."[85][86]

Obama met Trinity United Church of Christ pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright in October 1987 and became a member of Trinity in 1992.[87] During Obama's first presidential campaign in May 2008, he resigned from Trinity after some of Wright's statements were criticized.[88] Since moving to Washington, D.C., in 2009, the Obama family has attended several Protestant churches, including Shiloh Baptist Church and St. John's Episcopal Church, as well as Evergreen Chapel at Camp David, but the members of the family do not attend church on a regular basis.[89][90][91]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

I have A LOT less respect for a few posters because of this thread.

Stoked
Archie
LogGrad

I really really think less of all of you after this thread.

Sorry, because I only say that because going in I had significant respect for all of you.

This thread is an eye opener for me.

I think I'm going to stop participating in jazzfanz as much as I have. I have no reason to care about this.

farmer and Rare

I never had any respect for you. The stupid **** you write means nothing to me...