What's new

Culturally Insensitive man bets a million dollars...

I read KSL and CNN back in 2011 when all of this was going down and could careless for politics back then.

You, on the other hand, I'm sure have a long history or reading skewed, bipartisan, liberal trash sites like buzzfeed, vox, mothergoose. You're further left than Alex Jones is right.
Bipartisan feels out of place the way you’re using it. Just a heads up.

I read KSL and CNN back in 2011 when all of this was going down and could careless for politics back then.

You, on the other hand, I'm sure have a long history or reading skewed, bipartisan, liberal trash sites like buzzfeed, vox, mothergoose. You're further left than Alex Jones is right.

Neither KSL nor CNN said the released certificate was a fake. The only fake thing here is your pretense of balance. I've never heard of mothergoose, and don't read Buzzfeed. I do read Vox, as well as the National Review, when an interesting story pops up in my feed.

Neither KSL nor CNN said the released certificate was a fake. The only fake thing here is your pretense of balance. I've never heard of mothergoose, and don't read Buzzfeed. I do read Vox, as well as the National Review, when an interesting story pops up in my feed.
Exactly. I probably heard it from someone in the singles ward or read a headline or something like that, Mother Goose.

Suuuure it does.
It does, Mother Goose.

You couldn't follow why I hadn't heard of the releasing of Obama's BC when I mentioned 2011. Like, if I didn't hear about it then, how am I supposed to know about it now? That, I don't even care about the issue. I like Obama.

It does strain credulity a bit that someone could be aware enough that Obama's birth place was in doubt, but not that he eventually proved he was born in the US. Especially when that someone posts something along the lines of Obama never allowing it to see the light of day, that's a rather confident thing for someone to say who had maybe seen a headline about it.

Now, I'm not saying you are definitely making it up or covering for yourself, although either is possible I guess, but I can understand why One Brow is skeptical.

You couldn't follow why I hadn't heard of the releasing of Obama's BC when I mentioned 2011. Like, if I didn't hear about it then, how am I supposed to know about it now? That, I don't even care about the issue. I like Obama.

I didn't expect you to know about it. If you had posted that you didn't know anything about it, I would not have bothered to comment. Instead, you posted, "That birth certificate is like Trump's tax returns. That **** ain't ever showing up.", which is a claim of knowledge, and "I thought the official one was never released and the one they did release was fabricated.", which is a claim to presumed knowledge. Now, both of them are false knowledge of the type common to right-wing sites with a less than zealous appreciation of facts, but saying that is not a claim to know nothing.

Feel free to keep changing your story, though.

I didn't expect you to know about it. If you had posted that you didn't know anything about it, I would not have bothered to comment. Instead, you posted, "That birth certificate is like Trump's tax returns. That **** ain't ever showing up.", which is a claim of knowledge, and "I thought the official one was never released and the one they did release was fabricated.", which is a claim to presumed knowledge. Now, both of them are false knowledge of the type common to right-wing sites with a less than zealous appreciation of facts, but saying that is not a claim to know nothing.

Feel free to keep changing your story, though.

Again, your inability to show critical thinking.

Say hello to ignore, Mother Goose. Your not worth my time.

Obama lied about being Christian to get votes.

Since I don't just hate all Muslims for the sake of hatred alone, I wouldn't care if he was Muslim, but the claims that he was a "secret Muslim", IMO, was just part of the fear and racial animosity toward Obama that included birtherism as well as these claims that he was not a Christian. Some people hated Obama when he was a senator, some people hated Obama when he was president, and some people hate Obama to this day. That hatred seeks out whatever can buttress that hatred, no matter how irrational. I don't take any of these claims at face value or as somehow proven, as they are based on fear of "the other", racial animosity, and embracing the belief that all Muslims are the enemies of America.

"I'm a Christian by choice. My family didn't—frankly, they weren't folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn't raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead—being my brothers' and sisters' keeper, treating others as they would treat me. And I think also understanding that Jesus Christ dying for my sins spoke to the humility we all have to have as human beings, that we're sinful and we're flawed and we make mistakes, and that we achieve salvation through the grace of God. But what we can do, as flawed as we are, is still see God in other people and do our best to help them find their own grace. That's what I strive to do. That's what I pray to do every day. I think my public service is part of that effort to express my Christian faith".

— Barack Obama, September 27, 2010.[30][31]

Since I don't just hate all Muslims for the sake of hatred alone, I wouldn't care if he was Muslim, but the claims that he was a "secret Muslim", IMO, was just part of the fear and racial animosity toward Obama that included birtherism as well as these claims that he was not a Christian. Some people hated Obama when he was a senator, some people hated Obama when he was president, and some people hate Obama to this day. That hatred seeks out whatever can buttress that hatred, no matter how irrational. I don't take any of these claims at face value or as somehow proven, as they are based on fear of "the other", racial animosity, and embracing the belief that all Muslims are the enemies of America.

I was always impressed that Obama somehow managed to be a Muslim AND a devout follower of controversial Pastor Jeremiah Wright who he looked upon as a spiritual advisor and personal mentor.

Again, your inability to show critical thinking.

Say hello to ignore, Mother Goose. Your not worth my time.

Feel free to stop responding to me. I'd tell you to feel free to stop misusing the term "critical thinking", but one can only ask so much.