What's new

Current Players NBA Draft Round 1: Thee jazz fan vs. Siro

Which team would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sure it's happened, but I have won the whole thing before without a write up.

That's why I'd asked. Most people here are VERY fixed in their ways and their opinions, just going off of the different discussions here, nobody hardly EVER change their stance. Most of the time they dig their heels in even deeper.

So why would this be any different?

That's why I'd asked. Most people here are VERY fixed in their ways and their opinions, just going off of the different discussions here, nobody hardly EVER change their stance. Most of the time they dig their heels in even deeper.

So why would this be any different?

Well, I personally feel that I can judge the teams and players better than whatever marketing material a participant wants me to read.

Well, I personally feel that I can judge the teams and players better than whatever marketing material a participant wants me to read.

That's why I'm asking. I get the feeling most people feel this way.

I think my bench is slightly better. However, the playoffs are about top 8 guys, really. And mine are way better.
Jalen Brown was the #2 option on the team that took LBJ to 7 games in eastern conference finals. He’s by far better then anyone on your bench and Bogdanovic blew up in the second half. Was even the rising stars mvp. And Collins could have a big uptick in production next year. Even Fox has tons of upside.

I mean, we know Westbrook can play next to another high usage star and win. It's not something anyone has to theorize about.
Define "win". This fake contest is to win a fake championship. RW couldn't get 3 all-stars past a rookie and out of the first round for real.

Define "win". This fake contest is to win a fake championship. RW couldn't get 3 all-stars past a rookie and out of the first round for real.
They had the Warriors down 3-1 before blowing it. They made it to the Finals once. They won a lot of games in the playoffs.

And the Thunder had 2 All-Stars, not 3. Including Melo in that is being very disingenuous.

And the Jazz were a really ****ing good team. It's not like they lost to scrubs. They lost to a team that effectively counters their best player with elite rim protection.

Just out of interest, has anyone ever been swayed by the write-up?

Like if you've made up your mind which team is better, then read the write-up and thought 'oh, actually he's right' and change the vote?

Well when people like you call Tim Duncan ‘solid’ in a writeup...it takes away the entire point.

Lying scum.

They had the Warriors down 3-1 before blowing it. They made it to the Finals once. They won a lot of games in the playoffs.

And the Thunder had 2 All-Stars, not 3. Including Melo in that is being very disingenuous.

And the Jazz were a really ****ing good team. It's not like they lost to scrubs. They lost to a team that effectively counters their best player with elite rim protection.
So you are confirming that even with probably the 2nd best player on the planet on the team (Durrant), RW still falls short? And then again with another all-star by his side he falls in the first round?

Thanks for proving my point, since this fake competition is about actually winning a championship. And the team he is on in this voting has basically another all-star by his side. Sounds familiar.

So you are confirming that even with probably the 2nd best player on the planet on the team (Durrant), RW still falls short? And then again with another all-star by his side he falls in the first round?

Thanks for proving my point, since this fake competition is about actually winning a championship. And the team he is on in this voting has basically another all-star by his side. Sounds familiar.
Yeah, he fell short to Lebron James/D-Wade/Chris Bosh and Curry/Thompson/Green.

I'm not picking this team to beat the best teams in this thing, just this team.

This one was really be tough for me.

Siro reported me and tried to get me banned, but Thee reneged on our trade and screwed up my draft. Siro supported that reneg. Thee has always been an *** to me. Siro, only about 75% of the time.

I know both will vote against my team. This is such a tough decision. My feeling on the teams is they are pretty equal too.

I think Siro picking Andre Roberson in the 5th round was stupid and shows a real lack of basketball IQ. Just start Josh Jackson he is already better and is primed to have a good year. He is way better that Robinson. SMH.

Oh well, whatever, both your teams suck. Im just picking Siro for the simple fact he has Donovan.

Lol

Every player on Siro's bench is better than Andre Roberson
Roberson is a top 2 perimeter defender. Maybe top 1 depending on Kawhi's return success. Siro has to start him with THJ's wing starters being the strength of his team.

Roberson is a top 2 perimeter defender. Maybe top 1 depending on Kawhi's return success. Siro has to start him with THJ's wing starters being the strength of his team.
Not when none of your starters can stretch the floor well.

Jonas shot a decent percentage but on only 1 attempt per game.

Mitchell should improve but shot a poor percentage last year.

Millsap has never been a good 3 point shooter, especially in the playoffs, and is getting worse from there.

Westbrook sucks from 3.

Roberson sucks from 3.

Teams would just pack it in against this team.

I would start Gary to help a little with this. Even if he is undersized.

Not when none of your starters can stretch the floor well.

Jonas shot a decent percentage but on only 1 attempt per game.

Mitchell should improve but shot a poor percentage last year.

Millsap has never been a good 3 point shooter, especially in the playoffs, and is getting worse from there.

Westbrook sucks from 3.

Roberson sucks from 3.

Teams would just pack it in against this team.

I would start Gary to help a little with this. Even if he is undersized.
Yeah, their half court offense would be rough, but they have two elite shot creators and makers who can kill it in transition and make a lot of nothing into something.

Yeah, their half court offense would be rough, but they have two elite shot creators and makers who can kill it in transition and make a lot of nothing into something.
They would run well.

Although Jonas is a slow center. I'm also not sure how Millsap is going to be at that next year. He seems to be slowing down a lot, but maybe he still has it in him.

This one was really be tough for me.

Siro reported me and tried to get me banned, but Thee reneged on our trade and screwed up my draft. Siro supported that reneg. Thee has always been an *** to me. Siro, only about 75% of the time.

I know both will vote against my team. This is such a tough decision. My feeling on the teams is they are pretty equal too.

I think Siro picking Andre Roberson in the 5th round was stupid and shows a real lack of basketball IQ. Just start Josh Jackson he is already better and is primed to have a good year. He is way better that Robinson. SMH.

Oh well, whatever, both your teams suck. Im just picking Siro for the simple fact he has Donovan.
I have never voted due to how I feel about the person. I didn’t screw you over. I thought I was making a different trade. Then you cried and whines about it for the rest of the draft almost, even after I apologized and explained what happened. And you treat me the same as I treat you. Also I’ve voted for your teams a bunch. I actually think we have a similar taste in players when it comes to these drafts.