What's new

Current Players NBA Draft Round 1: Thee jazz fan vs. Siro

Which team would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last season Lou had slightly better offensive stats but I would call it even due to Mitchell's advantage in rebounding and defensive stats.
You are really hating on Lou despite dude being a lethal offensive weapon. You would be happy to have him playing for the Jazz coming of the bench when you need a scoring spark. Not everybody needs to be two way player. Lou is great at scoring, that's what he does. Plus he can pass a bit, 5+ ast is not too shabby for shooting guard.
Anyway, we are talking about upcoming season and projected stats. I think everybody will agree that Mitchell projects to have better stats than Lou, same as I am 100% JV will have much better stats than Turner.
No, he would ruin the Jazz's defense. He is a bottom 5 defender and probably the worst if we are being honest.

And defensive stats say Turner is twice the defender Jonas is.

And it's about who is better, not who has better stats.

None of these players are going to average teh same stats on these made up teams as they do on their real teams because the situations are different. Stats can inform what we think would happen, but it's not like you just do a tally of points, rebounds, assist, etc and that's who has the better team.

But then again you think a center who only gets 23 mpg is somehow better than Al Horford so objective reasoning isnt your strong suit.

But then again you think a center who only gets 23 mpg is somehow better than Al Horford so objective reasoning isnt your strong suit.
I am not saying he is. I am saying he will be this upcoming season. Horford is declining and his usage rate will drop down significantly. JV just had his best season ever despite playing lowest amount of minutes. Frankly he does not need to improve much, just add 5-7 more minutes and he is posting much beter numbers than Horford. Horford last season played 9 minutes more than JV and yet had less rebounds and same amount of pts. Their defensive rating per 100Pos is the same, yet offensive rating per 100pos JV was much better. So this season with JV minutes going up and and Horford going down it will not be even close.

Seriously, you should study stats sometimes, they tell a lot.
www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Al+Horford&player_id1_select=Al+Horford&y1=2018&player_id1=horfoal01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Jonas+Valanciunas&player_id2_select=Jonas+Valanciunas&y2=2018&player_id2=valanjo01&idx=players