What's new

Dame to the bucks

Blazers will be shopping Jrue. Have wanted him on the Jazz for years. He’s old now (33) but any interest in him? Clean up our guard rotation sending out a couple of guys for him to get a team leader and mentor for the young guys (Keyonte especially). Doubt the Blazers would be interested in more guards though.

Blazers will be shopping Jrue. Have wanted him on the Jazz for years. He’s old now (33) but any interest in him? Clean up our guard rotation sending out a couple of guys for him to get a team leader and mentor for the young guys (Keyonte especially). Doubt the Blazers would be interested in more guards though.
The type of guys we'd be willing to send aren't the ones Portland would want. Also they'll demand picks, and for our situation Jrue isn't worthy spending our draft capital

Guys Jrue is too old for us... He's a wonderful person by all accounts but I get the feeling he may play out the next two years and bounce. Dude is a family man and I don't necessarily see him keeping it going for the next 3-5 years cuz he has a life outside of basketball. Could be wrong.

Jazz must have been putting one of their more mediocre picks in the mix. Utah could have swayed this, so the desire for Herro must not be there all that much.
I don't think Portland went back to Miami... I think they legit just cutoff communication like mad spouse when you say the wrong thing.

My good hell the Heat tears are just wonderfully bitter. If I hear one more team say "they weren't going to bid against themselves". MFer there are 28 teams besides the team you are trading with... you are NEVER bidding against yourself in a trade.

Digging in your heels is fine... but you dug in your heels to keep (checks the roster) Jaime Jaquez and Nikola Jovic and maybe Caleb Martin. This ain't like Morey asking for 12 unprotected picks and you telling him to eff off. Be genuine and come at your trade partner with a full offer and trying to work together rather than the slicked back "kiss the ring" style approach.

Didnt know Portland had to talk to Miami to know what Utah would give for Herro
Man you just want to argue about everything. Maybe they knew we'd put more in but not enough to close the gap on what Miami was witholding and they just said "**** em". Portland cutting off Miami would end the Herro talks since he is under contract with them.

Man you just want to argue about everything. Maybe they knew we'd put more in but not enough to close the gap on what Miami was witholding and they just said "**** em". Portland cutting off Miami would end the Herro talks since he is under contract with them.
Yes, we know what Miami offered and we know what Portland got from Milwaukee, so we can safely say Utah was not willing yo out much draft compensation in.

Guys Jrue is too old for us... He's a wonderful person by all accounts but I get the feeling he may play out the next two years and bounce. Dude is a family man and I don't necessarily see him keeping it going for the next 3-5 years cuz he has a life outside of basketball. Could be wrong.

I've heard he's talked about retiring after his current contract is over. It doesn't seem likely to me that he leaves that much money on the table, but I guess I don't know that much about him.

Yes, we know what Miami offered and we know what Portland got from Milwaukee, so we can safely say Utah was not willing yo out much draft compensation in.
I don't mean this in bad way, I promise... but you're neurodivergent, right? I always suspected this was the case, but after taking some time off and then returning with some fresh eyes, it seems a bit clearer.

My good hell the Heat tears are just wonderfully bitter. If I hear one more team say "they weren't going to bid against themselves". MFer there are 28 teams besides the team you are trading with... you are NEVER bidding against yourself in a trade.

Digging in your heels is fine... but you dug in your heels to keep (checks the roster) Jaime Jaquez and Nikola Jovic and maybe Caleb Martin. This ain't like Morey asking for 12 unprotected picks and you telling him to eff off. Be genuine and come at your trade partner with a full offer and trying to work together rather than the slicked back "kiss the ring" style approach.

So you're saying... Miami wasn't being genuine and was only offering garbage?

1695847418821.png

I give credit to Portland for not caving to Dame and the Heat. Good for them.

So you're saying... Miami wasn't being genuine and was only offering garbage?

View attachment 15130
Hey my bad... sometimes I am wrong but the sentiment iirc is that Miami can't make a good offer. IF they actually came to the table with what they could it is going to be similar to what they got or better. Right now they have 1 first, some swaps, and a vet they should flip for good stuff... and Ayton (they were getting him in any iteration). As of right now I would project it to be lighter than the offer Miami could have cobbled together.

I was also wrong in that I thought Dame, Cronin, Blazers, Heat all kinda colluded and knew it was best for all if they moved on and needed to make a bit of a show about it. Its clear Blazers were pissed about the approach by Dame or the Heat or both. Trying to drive a hard bargain over Jovic, Jaquez, and Martin may be penny-wise and pound-foolish.