What's new

Dame to the bucks

My good hell the Heat tears are just wonderfully bitter. If I hear one more team say "they weren't going to bid against themselves". MFer there are 28 teams besides the team you are trading with... you are NEVER bidding against yourself in a trade.

Digging in your heels is fine... but you dug in your heels to keep (checks the roster) Jaime Jaquez and Nikola Jovic and maybe Caleb Martin. This ain't like Morey asking for 12 unprotected picks and you telling him to eff off. Be genuine and come at your trade partner with a full offer and trying to work together rather than the slicked back "kiss the ring" style approach.
Want to hear a funny story? Chris Mannix wrote this two days ago in SI NBA Mailbag:

[context is Toronto making a push for Lillard]
"What this could do is motivate Miami. Talks between the Blazers and Heat have reportedly been dormant for some time. And, yes, Miami is certainly among the teams keeping an eye on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s situation in Milwaukee. But are the Heat really willing to, ahem, burn another season of Jimmy Butler in the hope that Giannis is available? Or is the threat of Toronto landing Lillard enough for Miami to plus up whatever offer it had on the table?"

Egg in the face for Riley..... twice?

I'm not sure Portland knows wtf they are doing. the trade is now official... meaning they didn't have the holiday second trade already wrapped... now he can be traded in a one-for-one deal but no aggregation is allowed for 30 days... so are they keeping him... WTF they doing.
What? Really?

I'm guessing the Bucks really wanted to close this deal as quickly as possible and get Dame there for media day or whatever.

Driving in to work this morning and some of the local Indy sports radio guys were saying the Pacers should go after Jrue. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but probably highlights the fact that there are going to be a lot of teams interested in him. You might be right that Jrue gets them two firsts. I'm still predicting it won't be two unprotected firsts though, and by having this trade go through already it limits what they can do a little.

I feel like people are underrating the pick and 2 swaps coming back to the blazers. Those 3 assets are worth way more than the picks and swaps we received in each of the Mitchell and Gobert trades because of the timeline of the teams star players. Both the cavs and wolves have solid young pieces in place that should keep those picks outside the lotto. Those Bucks picks have a great chance to be top 5 picks with the age of Giannis, Lillard and Middleton.

How old is giannis?

Dame is well past his prime. I don't get the fuss. I no longer wanted him on the Jazz 3 years ago. Love the guy, but he's not really a difference maker at this point.

I kind of agree yet I believe last year was one of the best years of his career statistically

What? Really?

I'm guessing the Bucks really wanted to close this deal as quickly as possible and get Dame there for media day or whatever.

Driving in to work this morning and some of the local Indy sports radio guys were saying the Pacers should go after Jrue. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but probably highlights the fact that there are going to be a lot of teams interested in him. You might be right that Jrue gets them two firsts. I'm still predicting it won't be two unprotected firsts though, and by having this trade go through already it limits what they can do a little.
They just can’t aggregate his salary but the problem is they are right at the tax… and many suitors are over the apron… so the salary matching has to be exact… unless they loop in a third party. It’s just weird to me that it sounds like they are in square 1 or 2 of trading Jrue when I’d have guessed they’d have a deal on the goal line.

Would almost have to be a 3 team deal with Lavine going somewhere.
Really? Haven't looked at the details, but I guess that would make it too tough to do.

I guess the Heat are the favorite. Maybe Boston? Could be a weird mystery team.

Kind of weird, but he would be great in Charlotte next to Ball. Could bring some maturity to the team. He would probably hate going there though and would be tough to get him to re-sign.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_9-28-2023_9-31-52AM.png

This makes sense to me. How many picks would the Bulls have to throw over to the Blazers? If the Blazers truly want to be bad, having Lonzo would be great.

I know some people still really believe in Patrick Williams, but I think he's just kind of good, not great potential, but the Blazers might really value him.

The way he's being paid, he should be making his team an automatic championship contender every freaking season. I couldn't care less about some pretty, high-usage counting stats.

Small guards tend to age terribly. Dame's days of even pretending to be a first option are over.

Clearly demonstrated by the championship he led his team to, no doubt?
Lol, not even Jordan or LBJ could win until they got better teammates. LBJ had to join two stars and even then it took time to figure it out. Jordan, early in his career played in sim bad situations and still got some lottery worthy teams in the playoffs. He took off once Pippen had his break out season.

Neither Jordan or LBJ are winning **** on last years Blazers team.