What's new

Dame to the bucks

This is really NY 2.0. Knicks had the best package... but wouldn't put it on the table. It may have been smart for them because of fit and the cost being astronomical. The price on Dame wasn't that high.

I wonder if their real regret is not sneaking in on the Beal deal. The price would have been much lower.

Could Portland be sneaky good?
If Scoot is Him right away I suppose. I think the presence os Scoot and Sharpe likely means so loses due to inexperience. They also have a history of not sprinting through the finish line. They won't be horrific but they won't make the play in imo. Grant likely moved midseason.

If Scoot is Him right away I suppose. I think the presence os Scoot and Sharpe likely means so loses due to inexperience. They also have a history of not sprinting through the finish line. They won't be horrific but they won't make the play in imo. Grant likely moved midseason.
Scoot is going to be the first top tier American rookie with two years pro experience?

If they get anything in terms of NBA ready talent from an upcoming Holiday trade they will have a decent bench. Ayton might be super hungry.

This was literally the darkest timeline for the Heat… wait all summer, do almost nothing, lose Dame to the team that has the other player you were kinda saving up for… in your conference and you gonna face them in the playoffs.

Big thing that jumps out to me about this trade is how good it is for Phoenix. I don’t think Nurkic is much of a downgrade from Ayton. And adding Grayson and Naz will help their bench a lot.

I'm not sure Portland knows wtf they are doing. the trade is now official... meaning they didn't have the holiday second trade already wrapped... now he can be traded in a one-for-one deal but no aggregation is allowed for 30 days... so are they keeping him... WTF they doing.

I'm not sure Portland knows wtf they are doing. the trade is now official... meaning they didn't have the holiday second trade already wrapped... now he can be traded in a one-for-one deal but no aggregation is allowed for 30 days... so are they keeping him... WTF they doing.
Actually 2 months... so unless they have a one for one deal not sure what they doing here.

Actually 2 months... so unless they have a one for one deal not sure what they doing here.
One correction... its one way aggregation... but if something was close you fold it into the deal so you have more options.

Dame is well past his prime. I don't get the fuss. I no longer wanted him on the Jazz 3 years ago. Love the guy, but he's not really a difference maker at this point.
Exactly. This hype is mind boggling. We're talking about a small, injury prone jump shooter on the wrong side of 30 who plays little defense.

On the other hand, now Lillard finally gets to fulfill his destiny as a Robin. It's just 5-6 years too late. Him being a franchise guy was always a mirage.