What's new

Dame to the bucks

My good hell the Heat tears are just wonderfully bitter. If I hear one more team say "they weren't going to bid against themselves". MFer there are 28 teams besides the team you are trading with... you are NEVER bidding against yourself in a trade.

Digging in your heels is fine... but you dug in your heels to keep (checks the roster) Jaime Jaquez and Nikola Jovic and maybe Caleb Martin. This ain't like Morey asking for 12 unprotected picks and you telling him to eff off. Be genuine and come at your trade partner with a full offer and trying to work together rather than the slicked back "kiss the ring" style approach.
The ring is on a losing streak. League gonna step in and make new rules to prevent the proposed kissers from taking advantage of the ring. It really isn’t fair for them to not kiss the ring.

My prediction is some sort of Clips/Philly/Blazers three team deal where Philly and Clips both give a first to the Blazers and Clips get Harden and Philly gets Jrue. Clips send their glut of expiring contracts. If you get three far out picks from three different teams all in extreme win-now mode then the deal has upside where it lacks volume.

Damn... DA trade Don for 3 firsts, Lauri, Sexton, and a guy selected late lotto (ochai) plus all the swaps. Dame went for Jrue/1 first/swaps... I think inflation is dead.

Also we have no way of knowing if Portland actually liked Jovic or Jaquez. So their inclusion may have meant diddly squat.

Also we have no way of knowing if Portland actually liked Jovic or Jaquez. So their inclusion may have meant diddly squat.
There was some report saying they liked Jaquez... something about how they had him decently high on their draft board. We don't know that it would have moved the needle... but you offer it to close the deal.

They gotta get at least two firsts for Jrue for me to think this is a better return than they could have gotten. Miami took a weird stance in this negotiation... per reports anyway. They made an offer and then never increased or tried to reach back out. Makes it really hard to swallow your pride if you are the Blazers and you want to get something done. Its an arrogant way of going about it imo.

There was some report saying they liked Jaquez... something about how they had him decently high on their draft board. We don't know that it would have moved the needle... but you offer it to close the deal.

They gotta get at least two firsts for Jrue for me to think this is a better return than they could have gotten. Miami took a weird stance in this negotiation... per reports anyway. They made an offer and then never increased or tried to reach back out. Makes it really hard to swallow your pride if you are the Blazers and you want to get something done. Its an arrogant way of going about it imo.

I think getting off Nurkic while getting Ayton is a plus.

I think getting off Nurkic while getting Ayton is a plus.
For sure but it sounds like they could have done that without much if any help from another team. Nurk and Nas will likely play the more than Grayson. Suns signed Eric Gordon as well this offseason so SG is kinda stacked.

I do imagine Cronin called Riley and was like "Jrue for Lowry and two unprotected picks.... that's my offer... you have 24 hours or I improve another eastern conference team". Maybe he didn't... but you know he wanted to.

My prediction is some sort of Clips/Philly/Blazers three team deal where Philly and Clips both give a first to the Blazers and Clips get Harden and Philly gets Jrue. Clips send their glut of expiring contracts. If you get three far out picks from three different teams all in extreme win-now mode then the deal has upside where it lacks volume.
This would actually be pretty hard to do without a 4th team... 3 teams are hardcapped so need a salary clearing house to help out.

Damn... DA trade Don for 3 firsts, Lauri, Sexton, and a guy selected late lotto (ochai) plus all the swaps. Dame went for Jrue/1 first/swaps... I think inflation is dead.
Don't sleep on the Ayton aspect of this deal. I think he has a Lauri type of breakout season.

LAL - Bron Davis
LAC - PG3 Kawhi
PHX - Booker Durant Beal
GS - Curry, Thompson, Green, CP3
DEN - Jokic Murray
DAL - Luka, Kyrie
MIN - Towns Ant 27
NO - Zion, Ingram
MEM - Ja, Jaren, Marcus

SAC, OKC, POR also SA and HOU - got much better.

How do you rank UTAH JAZZ now? Do you dream about play offs?

I feel like people are underrating the pick and 2 swaps coming back to the blazers. Those 3 assets are worth way more than the picks and swaps we received in each of the Mitchell and Gobert trades because of the timeline of the teams star players. Both the cavs and wolves have solid young pieces in place that should keep those picks outside the lotto. Those Bucks picks have a great chance to be top 5 picks with the age of Giannis, Lillard and Middleton.