What's new

Dame to the bucks

View attachment 15133

This makes sense to me. How many picks would the Bulls have to throw over to the Blazers? If the Blazers truly want to be bad, having Lonzo would be great.

I know some people still really believe in Patrick Williams, but I think he's just kind of good, not great potential, but the Blazers might really value him.
They can offer a 2029 bulls pick and a blazers pick they own… but that blazers pick is lotto protected until 2027 and then turns into a second… so obviously more of a second round pick type trade value.

Bulls could put some swaps in there I guess but they don’t have a lot to offer pick wise…

I think Bulls want out of the Zach Lavine business pretty bad. I think everyone knows that contract isn't gonna age all that well. If they can flip Zach for picks for Jrue I think they'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd be in on Jrue if he wasn't serious about retirement, but he seems very serious about it. Jrue has got that dawg in him and that's what makes him great, but I could easily see that part of his game slipping because he'd rather enjoy life.

I think Bulls want out of the Zach Lavine business pretty bad. I think everyone knows that contract isn't gonna age all that well. If they can flip Zach for picks for Jrue I think they'd do it in a heartbeat.
Based on?

Zach's deal isnt great, but it's not going to be that bad given how high contracts are about to get. Zach had another great year last year and stayed healthy. I dont see his deal being something that has to be dumped anytime soon.

The Bulls have always been a team that is going to hold on to long and go for the middle/middle top, and what I proposed would vibe with that. They were a great team with Lonzo and Jrue is better than Lonzo, so I could see them talking themselves into it.

Based on?

Zach's deal isnt great, but it's not going to be that bad given how high contracts are about to get. Zach had another great year last year and stayed healthy. I dont see his deal being something that has to be dumped anytime soon.

The Bulls have always been a team that is going to hold on to long and go for the middle/middle top, and what I proposed would vibe with that. They were a great team with Lonzo and Jrue is better than Lonzo, so I could see them talking themselves into it.
Prime Lonzo was pretty good... I'm not sure this version of Jrue is better than the prime Lonzo they got... but Ball is cooked so it doesn't matter.

Its based on a **** ton of rumors and rumblings. I've heard it on a ton of pods that they don't love the attitude and he has issues with other players. He's also had numerous knee issues... he's been shopped around the league... not super hard but he's clearly been shopped. I think if they could get 2 picks for him they'd move on or reroute that stuff for Jrue. But adding another pick obligation and then having even more future salary tied up in a guard would be tough... but maybe that's what they want.

Prime Lonzo was pretty good... I'm not sure this version of Jrue is better than the prime Lonzo they got... but Ball is cooked so it doesn't matter.

Its based on a **** ton of rumors and rumblings. I've heard it on a ton of pods that they don't love the attitude and he has issues with other players. He's also had numerous knee issues... he's been shopped around the league... not super hard but he's clearly been shopped. I think if they could get 2 picks for him they'd move on or reroute that stuff for Jrue. But adding another pick obligation and then having even more future salary tied up in a guard would be tough... but maybe that's what they want.
Per Zach Lowe, he had Holiday on his 2nd-Team All NBA ballot last year, so it seems he is better than Lonzo, at least for a year or two.

I didnt know about the issues thing. I know he has had knee problems, but playing 77 games in a season has to ease those concerns to some degree.

Miami fan tiers are surprisingly not that salty. Probably Dolphins being legit exciting is why. A lot of "well at least we have football" comments in r/heat

On a team not going anywhere. He was the only option. There was no real pressure.
Ya i remember jordan putting up those kind of numbers on the washington team. Oh wait that never happened because he actually was washed up. Dame putting up those numbers, whether the team was good or bad, shows he aint quite done yet.

Per Zach Lowe, he had Holiday on his 2nd-Team All NBA ballot last year, so it seems he is better than Lonzo, at least for a year or two.

I didnt know about the issues thing. I know he has had knee problems, but playing 77 games in a season has to ease those concerns to some degree.
He's probably better but different... I think Lonzo was more of what they needed as a ball mover and shooter.

Either way its just a **** ton of money and resources to be tied up into guards. Demar also is angling for an extension. I think the only way they do it is if they get a smoking deal like Williams and Lonzo plus a prospect or if they get off Lavine's money and get the draft capital that way. Zach was rumored in a lot of trades this offseason... I remember one that said Portland wasn't interested in him... which makes sense but just thought I'd throw that out there too.

I think right now Zach has value but say he has some minor knee issues this season and has 15-25 games off... that contract will become tough to move really quick. That's the dance with him that would be troublesome imo. Not that every contract has to be tradeable... but you want flexibility.

Dame is the only dude I know with two walkoff series game winners. He makes love to pressure.

Miami fan tiers are surprisingly not that salty. Probably Dolphins being legit exciting is why. A lot of "well at least we have football" comments in r/heat
Go listen to the local hour of the Dan Lebatard show... it is titled "Come Drink Our Tears". They are tongue in cheek a lot of time but its very sweet.

Dame is the only dude I know with two walkoff series game winners. He makes love to pressure.
pressure-ace.gif

Scoot is going to be the first top tier American rookie with two years pro experience?

If they get anything in terms of NBA ready talent from an upcoming Holiday trade they will have a decent bench. Ayton might be super hungry.
He is, but not the kind of hungry you are thinking of.