What's new

(Deseret News) Utah Jazz might surprise and pick Butler star Gordon Hayward

the knock on his athleticism is just absurd. He's a damn good athlete.

Agree. It seems that almost everybody got blinded by his whiteness, and just automatically labeled him as unathletic. Or as numbs would say, he's not an NBA caliber athlete. Unfortunately, those run down blocks from behind, that he seems to so fond of, would tend to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
I would love to move back to 15ish and grab him there. I loved watching him play and think he will be much better than Korver (and i love Korver). I say we give Minnesota our #9 and Okur for Al Jefferson and the 16th pick. We then steal Hayward at 16. I just don't think any of the options at 9 are that much better. Hayward is more of a sure thing IMO.

Our roster if this happened. (Around 61 Million) We could look to move AK and have better length to help w the Lakers.

DWill, Price
Matthews, Hayward
AK, Miles
Millsap, AK, Koufos
Al Jefferson, Fesenko

this guy came close

I agree with Numb he isn't a great athlete. He is better than I thought though. He does have straight line speed and jumping ability, he just isn't the best with body control and acceleration.

I was totally pissed when we drafted Hayward. I was wanting Ed Davis. Maybe Paul George.

But, Gordon Hayward? Seriously? I wanted to throw my drink through my TV.

Hindsight is a funny thing, no?

Some of my favorit posts....

The guy has heart, but he shouldn't be pick that high
your right, he should've been picked much higher.
Unless Hayward is the next Bird, he's the next Korver, and I'd rather have Korver at this moment in time. Would depend upon Korver's price, though.
This is called falling flat on your face.
I would love to move back to 15ish and grab him there. I loved watching him play and think he will be much better than Korver (and i love Korver). I say we give Minnesota our #9 and Okur for Al Jefferson and the 16th pick. We then steal Hayward at 16. I just don't think any of the options at 9 are that much better. Hayward is more of a sure thing IMO.

Our roster if this happened. (Around 61 Million) We could look to move AK and have better length to help w the Lakers.

DWill, Price
Matthews, Hayward
AK, Miles
Millsap, AK, Koufos
Al Jefferson, Fesenko
Interesting.
Jazz were one of the best offensive teams in the league, even when Memo was injured. Why would you trade him for someone who plays even less defense than Okur? Jefferson really doesn't make this team better. And then when Hayward is taken at pick 15, we're left with Ryan Humphrey or something.
...... And this is called totally redeeming yourself... Any questions:)
not worth the 9th pick but koc loves making bad 1st round picks
Yikes!!
We pick Hayward, im becoming a trailblazers fan.

how's that working out for ya?

Numberica told me at poker night that he considered not being a jazz fan after we darfted Hayward and had to take a step back for awhile. Hahaha glad you didn't quit on us Numb.

£¥£ Retiring at 20,000 £¥£

Numberica told me at poker night that he considered not being a jazz fan after we darfted Hayward and had to take a step back for awhile. Hahaha glad you didn't quit on us Numb.

£¥£ Retiring at 20,000 £¥£

LOL.. that's just as bad as Cy wanting to pick Biyombo over Kanter.

Epic.

You can't miss on Hayward. You are getting a solid player for years to come. He won't be a superstar, but he will be the kind of player that everyone wants to have on their team.
honztradamus, bitches.