What's new

Do you want our pick to convey this year?

Do you want our pick to convey to OKC this year?

• Yes, and hopefully make some noise in the play in/play offs

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • No, I want a Top 10 pick this year!

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Undecided/No Strong Preference

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
One thing I ask. Can we stop saying we traded 3 rotation players. It was 2. Ochai was really bad and may not have been in the rotation much longer. Legit chance OP jr. Is more effective if healthy. At least make it 2.5. TIA.

One thing I ask. Can we stop saying we traded 3 rotation players. It was 2. Ochai was really bad and may not have been in the rotation much longer. Legit chance OP jr. Is more effective if healthy. At least make it 2.5. TIA.
But one was a starter and simply pivotal to our success and another one is averaging a triple double per 100 possessions putting his name in the same place as guys like jokic and LeBron.
Plus the rotation players were did lose were the only players on the team that can do what they did.

Feels more like we lost 4 rotation players.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Our pick is top 10 protected this year. Currently we are in 12th place, 2 games out of 10th. We are also in 11th place in the west, 0.5 games out of the play in.

The 2024 draft is expected to be a weak draft, comparatively to the 2025 draft. If our pick doesn't convey in 2024 or 2025 then we are at risk of not having a pick to swap in the 2026 draft.

On the other hand giving up a lottery pick with a top 10 protected pick is probably the worst case scenario for any protected pick. Especially where we sit right now, conveying a pick while not even making the play in would be depressing.
Let me put this bluntly. Yes I want the pick to not convey this year, or next year, or any year.

But one was a starter and simply pivotal to our success and another one is averaging a triple double per 100 possessions putting his name in the same place as guys like jokic and LeBron.
Plus the rotation players were did lose were the only players on the team that can do what they did.

Feels more like we lost 4 rotation players.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I 100% get the frustration with trading Simone since he would have been restricted but when it comes to Olynyk the odds of re-signing him were extremely low with 3 other bigs already locked up. There are a bunch of teams that are going to go hard at Olynyk this offseason with a substantial 2 or 3 year contract and significant role. I think Detroit is probably at the top of that list with a 2yr 40mil contract for him. They need to spend money and he is a great fit with that young core.

Otherwise a correct take, but the writer is a tad too sure, that these moves won't make team better at some point. Nevertheless, firmly in the play-in camp myself, and without being buyers next summer, praying for OKC to buy Lauri. Deep rebuild won't make sense for the Jazz and him to be a long term alliance.
You are on an Utah Jazz message board my man not a Lauri Markkanen message board. We care about long-term success here not a play-in tournament game or two. If that happens with the rookies playing a lot of minutes that’s awesome. Remember where Lauri was before he became a Jazzman and leveled up. You guys are so quick to forget.

Reactions: CVJ
You are on an Utah Jazz message board my man not a Lauri Markkanen message board. We care about long-term success here not a play-in tournament game or two. If that happens with the rookies playing a lot of minutes that’s awesome. Remember where Lauri was before he became a Jazzman and leveled up. You guys are so quick to forget.
I also changed my mind already. They need to get now that pick for this season and be active in trade markets+FA. Or sell Lauri. Nothing else makes sense for any of them. Rather never saw them selling Tech, but can't help them being dumb.

You are on an Utah Jazz message board my man not a Lauri Markkanen message board. We care about long-term success here not a play-in tournament game or two. If that happens with the rookies playing a lot of minutes that’s awesome.
You do know there is more than one way to fan? In fact, I'm gonna guarantee that if you poll fans at the arena on any given night, the "championship or bust" segment is gonna be really marginal. Especially anyone under 18 (that's hopefully gonna be the future fan base) doesn't care one bit about future 2nds. If that's the way you wanna fan, that's completely fine, you do you.

Remember where Lauri was before he became a Jazzman and leveled up. You guys are so quick to forget.
What exactly did the Jazz do? Notice that he's the best player on the team and then play him. Great. Doing anything else would've been pretty stupid. There's nothing that Lauri or any player "owes" the team.

And the team didn't even trade for Lauri, it traded for the picks and happened to get him, because the salaries matched and they figured he could give them some run.

And it's not like the team is giving him the Gold treatment. On the court for example last night I believe he touched the ball on offense twice in the 3rd quarter. Off the court, the FO has shown that they think of him as a complementary piece.

I'm almost tempted to switch my vote to yes, because at least draft night will be interesting. Of course that'll be tempered by the fact the #9 or whatever pick will just play half the year on the G League team.

There is many way to be fan. For me, looking great basketball come first. Probably because i become NBA follower during MJ era with the Bulls. This team , after the trade is still fun to watch even if no defense can only bring loss.
Have to be patient, hope next off season we trade some good players and start to compete.
I can wait following Mike and Rudy as Minny really play the basket i love.

After last nights loss the play in aint happening. Would have to make up like 3-4 games on GS with the way the schedule is playing out. So its either we get the top ten pick or the darkest timeline. Conveying the #11 pick to OKC now would be horrible. We may need to get grimy to keep the losses piling up. We play Atlanta twice... those are now must lose games.

Also, I hate this. Please be the last year of simultaneously having winning players and having to tank for a mid-*** return. Please either enter full tank mode or push more towards winning.