What's new

Don gone, too?

I’d much rather get back Collins and Capela or Anunoby and Trent Jr but I just don’t know how realistic that is.
OG and Trent Jr are #1 for me. I think that changes our identity immediately. A starting lineup with Don, Trent, OG and Bojan would be incredibly hard to guard. We would need a pretty dynamic defensive center combination to support those guys. With Clarkson coming off the bench, opposing defenses are going to have to work so much harder than they do right now.

OG and Trent Jr are #1 for me. I think that changes our identity immediately. A starting lineup with Don, Trent, OG and Bojan would be incredibly hard to guard. We would need a pretty dynamic defensive center combination to support those guys. With Clarkson coming off the bench, opposing defenses are going to have to work so much harder than they do right now.
We would lose every game 150-130. You are the classic definition of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

you deal with a prima donna such as donovan if he plays both ends of the floor and he's efficient when it matters, but otherwise you cut bait at your first opportunity.

Idk if this has been posted here or not yet but will this even convince you @LoPo ….Donovan’s mom retweeting a post saying he doesn’t want to be in Utah? Sure she un-retweeted it, but at 4:28 am she meant it lol.

View: https://twitter.com/danclayt0n/status/1533824165941104640?s=21&t=OfxEsuOjNMIfoiyvs-uv_Q

Here’s the clip she retweeted:

View: https://twitter.com/_talkin_nba/status/1533595946558291972?s=21&t=OfxEsuOjNMIfoiyvs-uv_Q

It’s all a power play right now. The head coaching hire will be the most telling thing yet. Donovan wants Bryant. He is laying the groundwork to ask out if things don’t go his way.

Last edited:
Whatever motivates Don to play defense like he did in college is what they need to do . . .whether that is finding the right coach, or trading Rudy.

Whatever motivates Don to play defense like he did in college is what they need to do . . .whether that is finding the right coach, or trading Rudy.
If you make all the players around him college level on the opposing end that will help Donovan play defense lmfao. Bout the only solution

If you make all the players around him college level on the opposing end that will help Donovan play defense lmfao. Bout the only solution
i didn't watch donovan enough at Louisville enough to know, but i'm starting to wonder if he was overrated even in college as a defender. those louisville teams he played for were very tough and hard-nosed defensively and i have to wonder if he was considered a great defender as a result of just being lumped in as part of that team. no idea, tbh, but it's something i've considered over the years watching guys consistently blow by him with ease.

He’s not in Allen Iverson league by a long shot. Now there’s a guy that could single-handedly carry a team offensively. Don can’t, but thinks he can and it’s annoying.
Just go break down Donovan vs Iverson statistically. Do some research.

What's crazy is that Iverson had almost zero success until they surrounded him with defenders. Guys like Eric Snow, Derrick McKey, Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, etc.

Maybe we should try the same thing with Don. You know, like surround him with perimeter defenders. Some of us have been saying that for years now.

Yes but Ainge can simply just tell Ryan… hey… we can’t let Don pick the next coach. He picks the non JB option and that initiates the trade demand. He may not want to do it at all. He might think he can solve it… but he may not want his legacy to get tarnished as an executive by doing obviously dumb things. These guys are prideful… I can see a scenario where Ainge draws a line with CAA and it becomes the declaration of war.

I can also see old man Ainge just cruising for a few years and going with “the boss is always right” type of motto while we ride into perpetual obscurity.

I don't know where that line is....picking the coach, the players, the staff....but if there is an actual point where Ryan is choosing between Don and Ainge, he's not picking Ainge. Ryan is Ainge's boss, it's not like Ainge can make a move behind Ryan's back. Ainge's opinion on Mitchell means zero when it comes to the decision to trade him or not. Ainge has no power to start a war with CAA if Ryan doesn't want it. Pride has nothing to do with this. In this scenario where Ainge wants to trade Don and not tarnish his legacy, his only option would be to quit. He can't just trade Don because he wants to, even if it was the right move.

He’s not in Allen Iverson league by a long shot. Now there’s a guy that could single-handedly carry a team offensively. Don can’t, but thinks he can and it’s annoying.

You really are an idiot. Let’s compare Iverson’s MVP season to Donovan’s past year.

Allen Iverson’s 2000-01 stats

31.1 PPG on 25.5 FGA per game

42% from the field, 32% from 3, 44.1% from 2, 44.7 EFG%, 51.8 TS%, 35.9 USG%

Donovan Mitchell’s 2021-22 stats

25.9 PPG on 20.5 FGA per game

44.8% from the field, 35.5% from 3, 53.3% from 2, 53.3 EFG%, 57.2 TS%, 32.9 USG%

Iverson scored 5.2 PPG more per game on 5 FGA more per game, worse percentages by a large margin on everything and a higher usage percentage.

Clown take. BUT MY EYES TELL ME DIFFERENTLY.

Don is a really good player. The fact that he's attempting to be some kind of grifting media mastermind does not change that. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.