What's new

Donovan Mitchell Highlight Videos, Spectacular Plays

This ascenscion has been unbelievable. I'm so giddy.

Sadly, Simmons is a total lock to win it IMO. Unless he gets injured.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app
I don't share your pessimism in this instance. For example, if Mitchell averages 26 ppg (he already has been sustaining that) and the Jazz get in as a 6th seed. And Jesus, just watch him play, obviously a spectacular player. I'm not taking a damn thing from Simmons, but he doesn't have the scoring acumen Mitchell does (he does, however, approach the game with a PG mentality and is a legit giant that moves very well).

I don't share your pessimism in this instance. For example, if Mitchell averages 26 ppg (he already has been sustaining that) and the Jazz get in as a 6th seed. And Jesus, just watch him play, obviously a spectacular player. I'm not taking a damn thing from Simmons, but he doesn't have the scoring acumen Mitchell does (he does, however, approach the game with a PG mentality and is a legit giant that moves very well).

If Simmons missed 10 games or teams figured him out and DM continues to improve I think he has a shot, but Ben has so much momentum.

The ZDog prophecy:

Like 3/4 of these have been fulfilled.

Breaks down and collapses the D, makes great reads, throws accurate passes, makes the D play honest with very good shooting off the dribble. He can play point. Let's do that.

This may have already been mentioned but Spyda is the first rookie in NBA history to hit 61 threes in his first 25 games.

Y'all ready to like Mitchell even more? Well here you go...

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/...ookie-of-the-year-jamal-murray-gordon-Hayward

"The Jazz had the hots for Mitchell since before the Chicago pre-draft combine this past May, according to Lindsey, but were slotted to draft 24th overall. It’s common for agents to push draftees away from working out for teams at the bottom of the first round, so it doesn’t seem like they belong in that range. But Mitchell, a projected mid-first-rounder, said his agent, Ty Sullivan, encouraged him to begin his pre-draft process in Utah. The rest of Mitchell’s workouts were with lottery teams. “We don’t begrudge kids for declining workouts,” Lindsey said last week regarding Mitchell’s workout. “As much as we targeted them, [Mitchell and Sullivan] targeted us.”

Mitchell and his agent targeted Utah from the beginning. Even making a point of starting his pre draft workouts with Utah. The following article contains quotes from Mitchell about why he worked out for Utah at all.

https://thejnotes.com/2017/05/27/utah-jazz-lottery-prospect-donovan-mitchell-work-out/

Y'all ready to like Mitchell even more? Well here you go...

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/...ookie-of-the-year-jamal-murray-gordon-Hayward

"The Jazz had the hots for Mitchell since before the Chicago pre-draft combine this past May, according to Lindsey, but were slotted to draft 24th overall. It’s common for agents to push draftees away from working out for teams at the bottom of the first round, so it doesn’t seem like they belong in that range. But Mitchell, a projected mid-first-rounder, said his agent, Ty Sullivan, encouraged him to begin his pre-draft process in Utah. The rest of Mitchell’s workouts were with lottery teams. “We don’t begrudge kids for declining workouts,” Lindsey said last week regarding Mitchell’s workout. “As much as we targeted them, [Mitchell and Sullivan] targeted us.”

Mitchell and his agent targeted Utah from the beginning. Even making a point of starting his pre draft workouts with Utah. The following article contains quotes from Mitchell about why he worked out for Utah at all.

https://thejnotes.com/2017/05/27/utah-jazz-lottery-prospect-donovan-mitchell-work-out/

wow he really likes it here. such a good kid.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Dennis Lindsey gets a ton of credit for helping to build a reputation that the Jazz are a great organization.

Agreed. A ton of his work has that goal in mind. Such as his fleshing out the scouting ranks, Utah SL, hire of Snyder, extensive draft workouts, buying a G League team... obviously that is not the only reason but I think it has been a major point of emphasis for this current leadership. Removing or lessening the perceived stigma of playing for a Utah based team. It helps even the playing field and creates more opportunity for the Jazz. It has been great to see. That alone makes his FO worth supporting.

Agreed. A ton of his work has that goal in mind. Such as his fleshing out the scouting ranks, Utah SL, hire of Snyder, extensive draft workouts, buying a G League team... obviously that is not the only reason but I think it has been a major point of emphasis for this current leadership. Removing or lessening the perceived stigma of playing for a Utah based team. It helps even the playing field and creates more opportunity for the Jazz. It has been great to see. That alone makes his FO worth supporting.
If all of that work culminates in the acquisition of one Donovan Mitchell then it's paid off multiple times over.

Mitchell was fantastic last night. Something that might make me the most excited is you can see how amazing he is while still seeing how much he can improve. Like that defensive lapse that he made where his man got an easy basket because Mitchell was ball watching. Or how his 3 point % will increase given his amazing shot. Snyder will coach all the right things to him. Next year is going to be insane.

Mitchell season averages:

17.8 ppg, 3 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.5 spg, .5 bpg on 42% FG, 36.5% 3s, 84.4% FTs on 2.8 FTs per game all in 29.9 mpg.

Is it blasphemy to hope he doesn't put up 26 ****ing shots per night? He converted above 50%, but damn, the kid has no brakes.

Mitchell was fantastic last night. Something that might make me the most excited is you can see how amazing he is while still seeing how much he can improve. Like that defensive lapse that he made where his man got an easy basket because Mitchell was ball watching. Or how his 3 point % will increase given his amazing shot. Snyder will coach all the right things to him. Next year is going to be insane.

Mitchell season averages:

17.8 ppg, 3 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.5 spg, .5 bpg on 42% FG, 36.5% 3s, 84.4% FTs on 2.8 FTs per game all in 29.9 mpg.

He's officially passed Hood in PPG (and is obviously a decent amount ahead in total points because of how many games Hood has missed).

He's ahead of Ben Simmons in scoring now, too.