Why do you think Vonleh will be gone?

Isn't it pretty clearly;

1. Wigg/Parker
2. Parker/Wigg
3. Exum
4. Smart/Embiid

Not seeing how he's gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see it clearly as being Exum and Smart (or Embiid) at #3/4. Vonleh was rumored to be in consideration for a top-4 pick since the combine. Haven't heard any poor reviews about him since then. Maybe Exum is re-establishing himself as a top-4 pick now. But I think Embiid is going to fall. This isn't just a minor injury. It's a major injury on top of concerns that many already had over his back problems. Embiid oozes potential, but the GM that selects him is taking a HUGE risk with his own career: 1) that team doesn't get ANY better the first year, so the GM has to have COMPLETE buy-in from the owners. Sorry, as a GM I'd NEVER believe that. When fans complain and attendance drops, the GM and coach are the scapegoats. 2) IF Embiid is a bust, the GM Is GONE. 3) Even if Embiid comes back healthy, he's a project. And it will take time to work back into basketball shape. Does the GM of any of the worst teams have 3 years to show results?

Only scenario I see is a team that is tanking another year (Lakers) or has multiple picks (Philly). I've already bet in the other thread that Embiid slides to at least #7.

Didn't the Turkish national team screw him out of his college eligibility?

Payback's a beatch.

No it was his professional club. And it was his choice not some kind of screw up, you played in professional league you are not allowed to play in NCAA. He did not do his homework and has nobody to blame but himself. He made numerous bad decisions in his basketball career and if anything karma is a bitch to Enes.

Dear The Thriller,

This might be the best post you've ever written.

Thanks for the laughter this morning.
seconded

Sweet lord...

Jody Genessy: Jazz big man Enes Kanter will receive a platelet rich plasma injection to treat his right knee, sidelining him for about two weeks

Jody Genessy: Enes Kanter was prepping to play for Turkey in the FIBA World Cup, but his doctor decided it will benefit his knee to skip the tournament

Jody Genessy: Enes Kanter is optimistic having PRP treatment now will give him adequate time to be in prime health heading into the 2014-15 NBA season

So his doctor informed him that this would be the best case scenario for his kness adn being ready to go for the 2014-15 season. Takes him out for two weeks. Looks like he prioritized the NBA, and therefore the Jazz, over an international tournament on advice from his doctor.

Oh noes!!!

Smells like bull ****, seems to me Kanter is just a ***** regarding his NT drama. That's a good sign.

Sweet lord...

Jody Genessy: Jazz big man Enes Kanter will receive a platelet rich plasma injection to treat his right knee, sidelining him for about two weeks

Jody Genessy: Enes Kanter was prepping to play for Turkey in the FIBA World Cup, but his doctor decided it will benefit his knee to skip the tournament

Jody Genessy: Enes Kanter is optimistic having PRP treatment now will give him adequate time to be in prime health heading into the 2014-15 NBA season

So his doctor informed him that this would be the best case scenario for his kness adn being ready to go for the 2014-15 season. Takes him out for two weeks. Looks like he prioritized the NBA, and therefore the Jazz, over an international tournament on advice from his doctor.

Oh noes!!!

Kanter needs to prioritize playing the game. Leather ball, basket on each end, offense and defense, passing and dribbling, some shooting. You know... playing.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];852609 said:
Honestly, this news is just as bad as a more serious procedure. Enes needs to play as much as possible, wherever possible. Any news about him NOT PLAYING is bad, but particularly when it has the air of CHOOSING not to play. Oof.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];852687 said:
Kanter needs to prioritize playing the game. Leather ball, basket on each end, offense and defense, passing and dribbling, some shooting. You know... playing.

I can get on board with the idea of Kanter needing to maximize experience and playing time to further his progress. But calling a minor procedure to strengthen his knees, ont he advice of his doctor, and missing an international tournament is hardly the same level as a serious knee procedure.

In short, maybe not ideal but so far a dramatic over reaction in general (not limited to you specifically).

No it was his professional club. And it was his choice not some kind of screw up, you played in professional league you are not allowed to play in NCAA. He did not do his homework and has nobody to blame but himself. He made numerous bad decisions in his basketball career and if anything karma is a bitch to Enes.

Yeah. He is like the slap-boy of fate.

Kanter coming into training camp and the NBA season at 100% health and conditioning is way more important than him playing with Turkey this summer.

Don't you all get it.....he doesn't want to play in FIBA!

Leave Kanter alone!!!! Leave him alone!

4938848170_chriscrocker_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

I can get on board with the idea of Kanter needing to maximize experience and playing time to further his progress. But calling a minor procedure to strengthen his knees, ont he advice of his doctor, and missing an international tournament is hardly the same level as a serious knee procedure.

In short, maybe not ideal but so far a dramatic over reaction in general (not limited to you specifically).

Kanter coming into training camp and the NBA season at 100% health and conditioning is way more important than him playing with Turkey this summer.

It sounds like Kanter could have played in Turkey, then received his treatment, and then still gotten himself ready for the NBA season. Two weeks is two weeks.

Ok, let's talk turkey...
Kanter has made some disparaging remarks in the past about coaches and players on the national team and has some controversial political views. It was "fortunate" timing to receive this treatment now and miss his duty to play for his country.