What's new

Enes Kanter will have surgery...

Ok, let's talk turkey...
Kanter has made some disparaging remarks in the past about coaches and players on the national team and has some controversial political views. It was "fortunate" timing to receive this treatment now and miss his duty to play for his country.

His duty?

**** Turkey.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];852733 said:
It sounds like Kanter could have played in Turkey, then received his treatment, and then still gotten himself ready for the NBA season. Two weeks is two weeks.

This is a fairer take. I wonder what they were looking at as far as trianing and rehab. Did that become problematic with puttig the procedure off?

But being fully healthy for Utah over NT "duties".

This is a fairer take. I wonder what they were looking at as far as trianing and rehab. Did that become problematic with puttig the procedure off?

But being fully healthy for Utah over NT "duties".

Whatever they were looking at, it appears they took the ultra-conservative/***** route.

If I had a job with a multi-million dollar contract, and my doctor recommended a course of action to allow me to fully honor that contract and to stay healthy for future contracts, I would follow the advice of my doc. Glad it is just a simple procedure.

I was hoping that he was going to get a cool surgery like Enes enlargement.

I wouldn't want to play in some dirty euro league either.

Zero post up opportunities, everyone shares infected hair follicle towels, horrific refs, disgusting girls...

If I were Enes, I'd get this injection and then hook it up with some Lil Brother coeds, and Then hit up The Pie.

Boom Bitches

You obviously have never been to Turkey before.

Don't you all get it.....he doesn't want to play in FIBA!

Leave Kanter alone!!!! Leave him alone!

Maybe there is something in the water in Turkey....Illysova doesn't want to play FIBA either.

Gery Woelfel @GeryWoelfel about 3 hours ago
A deeply-disappointed Ersan Ilyasova has decided not to play for Turkish national team this summer so he can rest ankles.

Maybe there is something in the water in Turkey....Illysova doesn't want to play FIBA either.

A deeply-disappointed Ersan Ilyasova has decided not to play for Turkish national team this summer so he can rest ankles.
I think it's just a simple matter of well paid NBA players putting their health and future contracts over national pride. Have to think this would be a different situation if it were the Olympics.

Ersan played in all tournament even though he's been playing in the NBA for several years but this year he already declared his ankles needed full resting. Kanter just thinks he's smart to fix the schedule not to be able to join to the NT after an operation which will keep him out of organization for 2 weeks. He already tweeted that he was wishing it too much to play for NT and try it after operation which is so much politic.

You think his doctors have decided the operation after 2 months later of the season? If it's, just big coincidence happening it getting so closer for the NT.

And that's exactly why FIBA screwed up by giving wild card spot to Turkey. None of their stars actually are good in NBA and none wants to even play for their country either. They will be cannon fodder in WC. Wild card should have gone to Canada, at least we would have starting five made up from young exciting NBA players. Wiggins, Thompson, Stauskas, Nicholson, C.Joseph, Bennet...heck maybe even Nash and Dalembert would come to play . Canada would crush Turkey without Kanter and Illyasova TBH.

And why would Kanter miss tournament which is still 67 days away if he is out for 2 weeks only. That is lamest excuse TBH. Ginobili just finished playing in playoffs is probably as old as our new coach and yet he sees no problem playing for his national team.

Kanter had some problems with the Turkish NT in the past, he is probably looking to get away from the community service.
This news is real, I checked on the reliable Turkish sites, but I don't think it's a serious injury ;)

Ersan played in all tournament even though he's been playing in the NBA for several years but this year he already declared his ankles needed full resting. Kanter just thinks he's smart to fix the schedule not to be able to join to the NT after an operation which will keep him out of organization for 2 weeks. He already tweeted that he was wishing it too much to play for NT and try it after operation which is so much politic.

You think his doctors have decided the operation after 2 months later of the season? If it's, just big coincidence happening it getting so closer for the NT.

Didn't Kanter have issues with the Turkish coach? I remember watching some games and I thought the coach was horrible. All they did on offense was have the guards dominate the ball and take a lot of ill-advised 3's.

Love me some Enes but if this is true than we gotta move forward.

But one thing why didn't he have surgery like two month ago? This is stupid. Hope it's not true. He needs an healty off season.

I wonder if he is using this "surgery" as an excuse for not joining the Turkish team.

Didn't Kanter have issues with the Turkish coach? I remember watching some games and I thought the coach was horrible. All they did on offense was have the guards dominate the ball and take a lot of ill-advised 3's.

It's not a club team, he can not make some excuses not to join to the NT due to game plans. He's just screwing his all sympathy because of his foolish manager and excuses. I really wonder he really thinks all fans are stupid not to be able to understand what's happening?

Dirk, manu, Gasol brothers all respectable players not just because of their talents but their characters which Kanter does not have.