What's new

ESPN confident Jazz trade pick

jiggamanjazz

Anyone else watch the segment under the celtics plan subheadline on espn.com?? not only does this guy say that he thinks exum will be selected fifth but that he is confident that the jazz will trade that pick... I thought it was interesting

Do you guys really think the jazz will trade it for a veteran??

Yeah that is Tom Penn's opinion. It just doesn't make sense unless you get an all star level player in return. The Jazz let Millsap walk for only 9 million a year, unless they get a player back who is better than Millsap, they tanked the whole year for ****s and giggles. Maybe SA embarrasses OKC so bad they would deal Westbrook in a 3 team trade of some sort, about the only name I can come up with.

I think I said it here the night of or the morning after the lottery - the Jazz won't be picking at 5. As storm said above, if they can't move up they'll trade the pick.

Yeah that is Tom Penn's opinion. It just doesn't make sense unless you get an all star level player in return. The Jazz let Millsap walk for only 9 million a year, unless they get a player back who is better than Millsap, they tanked the whole year for ****s and giggles. Maybe SA embarrasses OKC so bad they would deal Westbrook in a 3 team trade of some sort, about the only name I can come up with.

This. Id feel a total slap in the face if we traded it. After the tank we trade the pick.. doesn't make sense

That video is suggesting that Orlando really wants size and would draft whom they think is the #1 PF, probably Randle or Vonleh. Orlando could then go for a guard with their 2nd pick at #12, whether it's Ennis or even Lavine.

So yeah, Exum would be there in that scenario.

However, why would the Jazz trade away Exum before bringing him in and seeing what they've got? All of their young players are still appreciating assets. There's no reason to rush into a trade unless the offer is just stellar.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];831402 said:
I keep thinking that Vonleh is headed to Orlando. He'd work well there.

Same, they're really anemic at the PF spot and Ennis will be there for them at 12. Vonleh next to Vuc is a good fit for them.

I'd take Exum in a heart beat. Might as well swing for the fences for a potential franchise player from the year we tanked.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];831402 said:
I keep thinking that Vonleh is headed to Orlando. He'd work well there.

Cleveland will have NONE of this! With the first pick in the 2014 draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select Noah Vonleh! Everyone's head explodes.

I don't see it unless the pick is traded to move up?

Who in the world would we trade for that would be worth it?

You gotta take all these opinions with a grain of salt. There is no reason to believe this guy knows what the Jazz are going to do before they even know.

Don't worry guys. I'm quite confident in our GM Lindsey to land us the 3rd pick. I just have a feeling it'll be ours on draft day. Maybe the same scenario events like last year, where Minny picked Trey for us and vice versa.

I get the feeling that the Jazz are gonna do everything they can to get Jabari. Not because he is mormon, but because they will view him as the best fit and the best player. I kinda think they will pull it off.

If Exum falls to 5, the Jazz war room phone will be ringing off the hook. If the Jazz are in love with Gordon or Randle, I could see them trading down and adding an asset. The problem is that neither Boston or the Lakers have a player asset we want. Is Exum worth Boston giving us the 6 and 17? I would do that deal, even though it has shades of the DWill draft trade. Gordon and Levine would be Hella Sexy. Exum finally lets Boston deal Rondo for younger assets and places them in the tank for one more year to grab one of the better big man prospects up in 2015 to match with that hippy they drafted last year. The fact that everyone knows that the Lakers coveted Exum, would make it an easy sell to the fans.
Problem is that Danny Ainge isn't stupid.

I get the feeling that the Jazz are gonna do everything they can to get Jabari. Not because he is mormon, but because they will view him as the best fit and the best player. I kinda think they will pull it off.

I hope you are right, I would be over the moon if we get Jabari.

If Exum falls to 5, the Jazz war room phone will be ringing off the hook. If the Jazz are in love with Gordon or Randle, I could see them trading down and adding an asset. The problem is that neither Boston or the Lakers have a player asset we want. Is Exum worth Boston giving us the 6 and 17? I would do that deal, even though it has shades of the DWill draft trade. Gordon and Levine would be Hella Sexy. Exum finally lets Boston deal Rondo for younger assets and places them in the tank for one more year to grab one of the better big man prospects up in 2015 to match with that hippy they drafted last year. The fact that everyone knows that the Lakers coveted Exum, would make it an easy sell to the fans.

Problem is that Danny Ainge isn't stupid.
Why do we need four rookies? Giving up Exum for #17 is dumb. Unless the FO absolutely hates him. He could end up as the best player in this draft.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];831414 said:
totally agree.

or, we could trade them Burke....

100% on board with trading Burke for the 12th pick. Especially if saric is still around.

Also, in response to the op. I will be pissed if we pass on exum.