What's new

ESPN confident Jazz trade pick

Why do peoe want Love but hate Carmello?

At least Carmello knows how to get to the playoffs.

Only when he has help and even then it doesn't happen.

How did Melo not make the playoffs this year? Doesn't he play in the LEastern Conference? Oh yea, KLove's team had a much better record then Melo's did.

To win a ship(to even compete) you need 2 all stars and one borderline all star then you need a supporting cast of the caliber of players the jazz currently have. Not only is every player tradeable we have to make room for those three guys. We have just begun to rebuild. If we are lucky we will get that borderline guy. If we are super lucky we will get one of the all stars. We should at least walk away with an asset or two that will help as acquire one of them.

Burke is not going to be an all star. I would trade him in a heartbeat to move up. Anyone that wouldn't is a dumb *** hole. Think of how lucky we would be if a team bit on that. God damn you people piss me off sometimes

I'd really hope we could do this with less. Seems like a ton to give up, but who knows.

I think a package of kanter 5, 23 and unprotected 2015 should be plenty sufficient. We will be no better than 10th worst next year and that's a stretch.

That said, chad ford this morning said in a workout yesterday Vonleh blew it out of the water and is rising on boards everywhere. Said he is in consideration at the 4th spot right now. That would push someone down that we have been coveting, but damn Vonleh might be beautiful next to favors. I would not be surprised if we just stay where we are at and see how things shake up. This could quickly turn into a 6 man draft after workouts. I think that smart and vonleh start getting top four considerations after workouts.

I would however like to see what kanter 23 and top 8 protected 2015 get us. If we could move up to 6 or 7 it's possible we could land Exum and vonleh/randle/Gordon. That would be pretty bad ***.

I think either of these offers gets you a haul. If the Jazz want to try and keep the #5 pick this year and move up then I say they throw in the unprotected GS pick, make the 2015 unprotected and two second rounders.

Teams would have to seriously consider that package for their pick this year even if it is #1.

To win a ship(to even compete) you need 2 all stars and one borderline all star then you need a supporting cast of the caliber of players the jazz currently have. Not only is every player tradeable we have to make room for those three guys. We have just begun to rebuild. If we are lucky we will get that borderline guy. If we are super lucky we will get one of the all stars. We should at least walk away with an asset or two that will help as acquire one of them.

Burke is not going to be an all star. I would trade him in a heartbeat to move up. Anyone that wouldn't is a dumb *** hole. Think of how lucky we would be if a team bit on that. God damn you people piss me off sometimes

heyhey speaking truth. Great work.

Now that trade is possible but that is still paying too much.

I think you could get away with

Jazz Player
5th pick
GS 2017 pick
GS 2 2nd rounders

I think that gives you a chance with any of the top 3 picks.

I'd really hope we could do this with less. Seems like a ton to give up, but who knows.

I think a package of kanter 5, 23 and unprotected 2015 should be plenty sufficient. We will be no better than 10th worst next year and that's a stretch.

That said, chad ford this morning said in a workout yesterday Vonleh blew it out of the water and is rising on boards everywhere. Said he is in consideration at the 4th spot right now. That would push someone down that we have been coveting, but damn Vonleh might be beautiful next to favors. I would not be surprised if we just stay where we are at and see how things shake up. This could quickly turn into a 6 man draft after workouts. I think that smart and vonleh start getting top four considerations after workouts.

I would however like to see what kanter 23 and top 8 protected 2015 get us. If we could move up to 6 or 7 it's possible we could land Exum and vonleh/randle/Gordon. That would be pretty bad ***.

My point is that we have a lot to work with and we should be trying to consolidate some of these assets into the best one we can find. It would be dumb not to. We'll just be mediocre forever by being too conservative. A championship isn't just going to fall into out laps.

If Vonleh is the guy then go and get him. But just imo I think Parker us the guy we should be targeting. I don't see a power forward leading us to the promise land. Besides, we enough power forwards already. We'll just be trading one of them sooner or later anyways. Or just watching them walk for nothing.

Drafting another power forward in this draft just feels like we are spinning our wheels. I can't see how that's going to get us anywhere.

We may be forced to do so, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do better. I don't want the Bosh from this draft. I want the Wade, Melo, or Lebron.

Don't worry guys. I'm quite confident in our GM Lindsey to land us the 3rd pick. I just have a feeling it'll be ours on draft day. Maybe the same scenario events like last year, where Minny picked Trey for us and vice versa.

If we can move up it better be for the first pick. I see Vonleh as a future franchise player. Unless we are getting Wiggins, I want no part of trading Vonleh for Parker Embiid or Exum along with other assets when we can keep our assets and have Vonleh who I think will be very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point is that we have a lot to work with and we should be trying to consolidate some of these assets into the best one we can find. It would be dumb not to. We'll just be mediocre forever by being too conservative. A championship isn't just going to fall into out laps.

If Vonleh is the guy then go and get him. But just imo I think Parker us the guy we should be targeting. I don't see a power forward leading us to the promise land. Besides, we enough power forwards already. We'll just be trading one of them sooner or later anyways. Or just watching them walk for nothing.

Drafting another power forward in this draft just feels like we are spinning our wheels. I can't see how that's going to get us anywhere.

We may be forced to do so, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do better. I don't want the Bosh from this draft. I want the Wade, Melo, or Lebron.

Now that I can agree with.

It's partly my fault that you the feeling people are against trading Burke.

I just we aren't trading him for another point guard. But yes, we should include (if asked) in any trade that nets a superstar.

I don't think Smart or Exum is leading us to a championship. That feels like a dead end road.

If we need to throw him in the deal for Jabari, then I say do it.

If we can move up it better be for the first pick. I see Vonleh as a future franchise player. Unless we are getting Wiggins, I want no part of trading Vonleh for Parker Embiid or Exum along with other assets when we can keep our assets and have Vonleh who I think will be very good.

What about Vonleh causes you to think he could be franchise level talent? I don't know a ton about him, so I'm just curious.

What about Vonleh causes you to think he could be franchise level talent? I don't know a ton about him, so I'm just curious.

There's nothing that should make people believe he is a franchise player. Someone notices he has big hands and then Jazzfanz whips themselves into a frenzy thinking he is going to be great because he is long and has big hands.

He's a project. That's what he is. Another power forward project.

I say no to that. I'd rather draft Smart. At least he is somewhat polished.

Parker > Vonleh and it's not even close. Not making a trade for Parker just because you can draft Vonleh is just stupid.

How will he improve his height and speed?

He'll never become a "serviceable" defender because he doesn't have the tools for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

He has the tools (speed, IQ, Drive, and handle) to be an elite QB for this offense. His lack of height can be overcome. will he be elite defender? probably not, but he can be a service defender and elite offensively which is certainly more than a serviceable PG.

He has the tools (speed, IQ, Drive, and handle) to be an elite QB for this offense. His lack of height can be overcome. will he be elite defender? probably not, but he can be a service defender and elite offensively which is certainly more than a serviceable PG.

He doesn't have the speed. Try again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Trashtalk

I'm not saying write him off. Right now he is the best option the Jazz have at PG (which is a very sad state right now).

What I am saying is that if the Jazz can get another lotto pick in this draft by trading him you HAVE to do it. The Jazz lack a true star and getting two lotto picks this year is the BEST chance the team has of obtaining that star.

I agree that you trade him if it means getting better but Orangello you wrote him off when we drafted him.