What's new

ESPN confident Jazz trade pick

I get the feeling that the Jazz are gonna do everything they can to get Jabari. Not because he is mormon, but because they will view him as the best fit and the best player. I kinda think they will pull it off.

I have felt this way all year. I hope we are right.

100% on board with trading Burke for the 12th pick. Especially if saric is still around.
Lindsey would look like a totally incompetent fool if he made this move...basically giving up on Trey after not even a full season, for a 12th pick? People around here act as if Trey Burke is Jason Hart 2.0 or something. He's the ONLY clutch player we have on the team and yet we want dump him so quickly. Last I checked, players that consistently come through during clutch situations are NOT a dime a dozen.

I hate the idea of trading down unless it lands is a star veteran, which I don't think it will.

I like this draft if a) we go gangbusters to get top 3 and draft Jabari, or b) we stand pat and draft Exum at 5. That's really about it.

this is surely interesting. Can't it be june 26th already? lol

Sent from the JazzFanz app

I get the feeling that the Jazz are gonna do everything they can to get Jabari. Not because he is mormon, but because they will view him as the best fit and the best player. I kinda think they will pull it off.

LOL.. how exactly??? I'm really interested....

Lindsey would look like a totally incompetent fool if he made this move...basically giving up on Trey after not even a full season, for a 12th pick? People around here act as if Trey Burke is Jason Hart 2.0 or something. He's the ONLY clutch player we have on the team and yet we want dump him so quickly. Last I checked, players that consistently come through during clutch situations are NOT a dime a dozen.

Why? He was drafted #9 in a very weak year. He'd be much lower in this draft, possibly out of the lottery. The reason he went top-10 is because that is the team that was willing to make a trade with the Jazz.

My guess...offer the 5th, 23rd and next year's unprotected + any player on the team. Yeah, it's a lot to give up, but you ain't gonna pry away a top 2 pick in this draft with some of the weak sauce trade proposals I'm seeing here...

Why? He was drafted #9 in a very weak year. He'd be much lower in this draft, possibly out of the lottery. The reason he went top-10 is because that is the team that was willing to make a trade with the Jazz.
But I'm not convinced that a #12 pick in this years draft will net us anything substantially better than Burke. I'm not sold on Saric...he looks like a poor mans version of Gordon Hayward, something we don't really need. If we could package Burke with a combination of picks/players for a higher pick, I'd be more inclined to do it, but not for a late lottery pick. Just my opinion.

I hope you are right, I would be over the moon if we get Jabari.

I have felt this way all year. I hope we are right.

I have no doubt in my mind that the Jazz will attempt to make a trade for Jabari. He probably has to slide to 3 for it to work though. I see the 76ers being more of a willing trade partner in this. It also, is closer to our draft position. I see the Jazz trying because it makes a whole lot of sense. He projects to be a star. He would be likely to stay here because of the Mormon ties. He fits our team the best. He's exactly what we need. I don't see why the Jazz just won't throw everything they got at it. They collected all these assets for a reason. So they could make the big move. There is no point in sitting on them and drafting one piece each year one at a time. They should strike while the Iron is hot.

Here is how it gets done.

Say Embiid and Wiggins go 1 and 2, and Philly isn't in love with Jabari. Maybe they view his weight an issue or something. The Jazz have a boatload of things they can offer, and we have exactly what they would want and need. Other than the main star. They are in the beginning stages of a rebuild. They could use multiple assets. Again, this is assuming they aren't sure about whether Jabari will be a star. Maybe they see potential all star, but not franchise guy. The Jazz could offer the 5th, the 23rd, the GS 2017 pick. Some of our future firsts. It can happen. We have a lot to offer. Make them an offer they can't refuse and it might get done. I think Jabari is a franchise guy, and is worth it. I would do it, and I think the Jazz would too. It's just a matter of the 76ers biting..

Seriously!

What was all this asset accumulation for if we aren't going to use some of it?

If all the pieces we have (present and future), turn out to be at least borderline all stars like we hope, we still won't even be able to keep them all. We have to start thinking consolidation at some point. Kanter and Burks are going to be due a payday soon. It might even be above 10 mil a piece if they both make that next step next year. Then what? We aren't going to be able to afford all these players. Right after them, we will be looking at maybe paying Burke some nice money. Then maybe Gobert. They would all be great to have but we can't have them all. It's best to start narrowing things down and possibly upgrading these pieces.

Look at what we have that are of positive value.

Neto - Burke

Give us flexibility in dealing one of those.

Kanter - Favors - Gobert

Gives us flexibility in dealing one of those

Burks - Hayward

Gives us flexibility in dealing one of those.

Our own 2014, 2015, etc,.... 1st and 2nd picks

The 2017 GS first and two GS second round picks

We have a dump truck full assets right now. Why not throw a little extra in to get to the top right now? How much is too much? I've heard people say a few times that a trade they read was too much to give. But then we hear that there is no way you could move into the top 3. Well, why not?

What if you offered a top3 team this?

Kanter
Hayward
The 5th pick
Our next year's first rounder unprotected
Our 2016 unprotected
This year's 23rd
The GS 2017
The 2 GS 2nd rounders
3 mil cash

That's a lot to offer a team.

And that still leaves us with

Burke
Burks
Favors
Gobert
Neto

and few other nice players.

Then add Jabari

Burke
Burks
Jabari
Favors
Gobert

How about that group growing together?

So how much is too much? Would all that get it done? I honestly can't see any of the top 3 not taking that deal. Wtf?

I bet we could come in even lower and get it to work.

We can't just keep farming and losing players. Gotta take a risk or two to get to the top imo.

The more I think about it, I can't see how this doesn't get done.

Last edited:
But I'm not convinced that a #12 pick in this years draft will net us anything substantially better than Burke. I'm not sold on Saric...he looks like a poor mans version of Gordon Hayward, something we don't really need. If we could package Burke with a combination of picks/players for a higher pick, I'd be more inclined to do it, but not for a late lottery pick. Just my opinion.

I agree with that. At least with Burke, we "know who he is." He's a serviceable PG at a position of need. You don't trade away a position unless you can significantly upgrade. And Saric is a complete unknown. Do we then depend on Neto and LucasIII to play PG? Even if the first pick is Exum or Smart, you still need to see how they do. Now if Milwaukee said give us the #5 and Burk for Jabari, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Kanter
Hayward
The 5th pick
Our 2016 unprotected
This year's 23rd
The GS 2017
The 2 GS 2nd rounders
3 mil cash

Burke
Burks
Favors
Gobert
Neto

Then add Jabari

Burke
Burks
Jabari
Favors
Gobert

I have absolutely no problem with all of that.

Kanter
Hayward
The 5th pick
Our 2016 unprotected
This year's 23rd
The GS 2017
The 2 GS 2nd rounders
3 mil cash

Holy ****...that is A LOT to offer. But I get it...it's what it will take to get us a superstar. Let's do it.

Kanter and #5 to Orl for #3. Orl gets Vonleh and Kanter and a PG at 12. They have their future.

We get Parker.

Win/win.

Seriously!

What was all this asset accumulation for if we aren't going to use some of it?

If all the pieces we have (present and future), turn out to be at least borderline all stars like we hope, we still won't even be able to keep them all. We have to start thinking consolidation at some point. Kanter and Burks are going to be due a payday soon. It might even be above 10 mil a piece if they both make that next step next year. Then what? We aren't going to be able to afford all these players. Right after them, we will be looking at maybe paying Burke some nice money. Then maybe Gobert. They would all be great to have but we can't have them all. It's best to start narrowing things down and possibly upgrading these pieces.

Look at what we have that are of positive value.

Neto - Burke

Give us flexibility in dealing one of those.

Kanter - Favors - Gobert

Gives us flexibility in dealing one of those

Burks - Hayward

Gives us flexibility in dealing one of those.

Our own 2014, 2015, etc,.... 1st and 2nd picks

The 2017 GS first and two GS second round picks

We have a dump truck full assets right now. Why not throw a little extra in to get to the top right now? How much is too much? I've heard people say a few times that a trade they read was too much to give. But then we hear that there is no way you could move into the top 3. Well, why not?

Kanter
Hayward
The 5th pick
Our 2016 unprotected
This year's 23rd
The GS 2017
The 2 GS 2nd rounders
3 mil cash

Burke
Burks
Favors
Gobert
Neto

Then add Jabari

Burke
Burks
Jabari
Favors
Gobert

How about that group growing together?

So how much is too much? Would all that get it done? I honestly can't see any of the top 3 not taking that deal. Wtf?

I bet we could come in even lower and get it to work.

We can't just keep farming and losing players. Gotta take a risk or two to get to the top imo.

The more I think about it, I can't see how this doesn't get done.

It's a ridiculous overpay, but gets it done. Better hope he don't bust because tanking would do no good for the next 3 years. Might even result in the Jazz being sold.

Jazz trade 5th pick and one of the Warriors future unprotected for Kevin Love.

Trade Kanter and the other Warrior's future unprotected for rights to Aaron Gordon.

Burke
Hayward
Gordon
Love
Favors

Oh My.

It's a ridiculous overpay, but gets it done. Better hope he don't bust because tanking would do no good for the next 3 years. Might even result in the Jazz being sold.

It is an overpay, but I'm not even sure we have to pay quite that much. We could probably take a little off.

But again, we can't keep all this stuff anyways. Some of these pieces will just walk for nothing.

I agree with that. At least with Burke, we "know who he is." He's a serviceable PG at a position of need. You don't trade away a position unless you can significantly upgrade. And Saric is a complete unknown. Do we then depend on Neto and LucasIII to play PG? Even if the first pick is Exum or Smart, you still need to see how they do. Now if Milwaukee said give us the #5 and Burk for Jabari, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Why do people keep thinking Lucas III is going to be with the team next year? I thought it was established that it's a team option to keep him and Garrett is clearly better if it comes to deciding which one to keep?

Jazz trade 5th pick and one of the Warriors future unprotected for Kevin Love.

Trade Kanter and the other Warrior's future unprotected for rights to Aaron Gordon.

Burke
Hayward
Gordon
Love
Favors

Oh My.

Surely not enough for Love, who wouldn't want to play for the Jazz anyway ... he wants to go to LA. In any case, I think he is overrated. Can't play a lick of defense, unless you consider rebounding part of defense like people used to say about Boozer -- however, he is a lot more versatile than Boozer.

1. What veteran is there that is up for trade that we could get for #5 without giving up more?
2. Would that veteran even be willing to re-sign with Utah? I don't want a 1-2 year rental on a player.
3. I would be OK with this if the Jazz only dropped 2-3 spots, although I can't think of a player on the Lakers, Celtics or Kings I'd want that they would trade for those few spots.

About trading up for Parker. Can we trade the rights to re-sign Hayward? Also, I don't think we can trade for 2015 and 2016 first round picks, just one of the two, right?