What's new

Eurobasket 2013

Lithuania destroys Belgium 86-67 ( It was +30 game but Belgium made it closer by winning 4th quarter 32-17)....Motiejunas had 13pts, JV 12pts/10 reb in 13 min. Lithuania now is through to elimination round.
Why did he get only 13 mins with that performance?

Meanwhile, Ukraine leads the first half 41-40 against Serbia. Weird.

Why did he get only 13 mins with that performance?

He had a cut on his head which was bleeding and since it was blowout in 3 quarter already LT coach decided to play his bench players the rest of the way.

Interestingly, Ukraine is leading by 9 pts now vs Serbia in 3 quarter. Can they pull another upset? That would make things a bit more interesting in this group.

wow serbs are chocking - missing FT, bad turnovers, silly fouls on D. What is happening?

wow serbs are chocking - missing FT, bad turnovers, silly fouls on D. What is happening?

Ivkovic is too calm! This maybe the weirdest Eurobasket ever!

Btw, poor audience presence. It's lame this far in the tournament.

Yeah, I am surprised there is no thousands of Serbian fans. I am looking at standings in this group and if Ukraine win today and tomorrow they will have 3 wins, same like Serbia, Lithuania and either Latvia or France... it is not over for them yet. Fratello has done remarkable job with this team of no names.

lol Serbia is shooting FT 50%. There is 12 easy pts missed.

Bogdanovic 4/5 3-point shooting, 1/6 FT shooting. Crazy.

lol Serbia is shooting FT 50%. There is 12 easy pts missed.

Bogdanovic 4/5 3-point shooting, 1/6 FT shooting. Crazy.

Plus, they keep giving the ball to the yellow uniforms, lol.

Jeter is too quick for Serbian guards. I'd try Micic against him but it's too late now, he destroyed Serbia during the last minutes.

So Ukraine holds on to lead and wins 82-75. And I though surprises are done in this tourney. Suddenly if Latvia wins today and tomorrow and Ukraine and France wins tomorrow we will have 5 team tie with 3 wins each. To busy to do the math who would be in or out, lol. Crazy.

So Ukraine holds on to lead and wins 82-75. And I though surprises are done in this tourney. Suddenly if Latvia wins today and tomorrow and Ukraine and France wins tomorrow we will have 5 team tie with 3 wins each. To busy to do the math who would be in or out, lol. Crazy.

I don't want to jinx Lithuania but I don't believe Ukraine can win tomorrow.

Lol, I had to change my mind about Ukraine for the umpteenth time.

Croatia starting look really good. Could they challenge for the title?

Too much pressure on Bogdanovic and Tomic. Their guard rotation(Ukic/Draper) isn't enough for a title run, imo. It would be a big surprise.

Greece now have to win against Croatia and wait for Spain to lose against Italy. Both is possible I think but if Spain wins, they advance regardless.

Latvia had perfect chances to go through but managed to lose to Belgium and is out. Ukraine is in regardless of their match vs Lithuania today.

Sp Greece is out after overtime loss to Croatia. Tomic had double double, 15pts, 12reb. Croatia will face Ukraine in 1/4 finals, winner of game Italy-Spain will play Lithuania, loser will face Serbia, and last pair will be France vs Slovenia.

Italy and Spain going to overtime. I guess they both want to play Lithuania instead of Serbia. Not sure it is any better lol.

So Italy takes it in OT. This means 1/4 final pairs like that. Serbia - Spain, Italy - Lithuania, Slovenia - France, Croatia - Ukraine.

How has Tomic been over the last couple of games, my Euro brethren?

How has Tomic been over the last couple of games, my Euro brethren?
He is doing good overall but he is inconsistent to me though it may be because of the pressure on his shoulders. I'm also liking his passing game in this tournament and he sometimes looks like he is studying Marc Gasol lately.

But besides that I hate him not using his size and length, both in defense and offense. I mean we are talking here about a 7-2 dude but now after 8 games he has only 1 block. Only Paul Millsap had his height!

Last edited: