What's new

Exum Update

his shot might legit be worse than rubios.

Lol sure
All indications were his shooting was improved and on the way toward league average perhaps this year

It’s a bummer after 3 1/2 yrs that it’s still an unknown what he’ll end up being. Still have high hopes for an Exum/Mitchell tandem being really good

Speaking of shooting, did that Rodney Hood air-ball that missed the rim by 3 ft. in the Charlotte game get tipped? We watched the replay three times and came to the conclusion that it didn't.

Career stats
Player #1: 38.5% FG, 30.8% 3P
Player #2: 37.8% FG, 31.2% 3P
Player 1, 2 years experience and significantly better fg% in year 2 (42.7%).

Player 1, 7 year experience, and never better than 40.2 fg%.

There is a thing called context and sometimes it's important. More importantly, I'm talking about 3 pt shooting form. Exum has a unique style that isn't ideal, but Rubios is broken and he's proven in 7 years experience that it won't work or improve. Exum may not become any better, but his shot isn't nearly as flawed or broken as Rubios.

Career stats
Player #1: 38.5% FG, 30.8% 3P
Player #2: 37.8% FG, 31.2% 3P
Age difference? Years in the league? Years playing competitive ball? Number of shots? I see none of those things matter to you, because you've already decided how this guy who's played almost 2 years worth of games is going to turn out.

My hope for Exum is that he can develop into a combo guard version of Danny Green. I’m not sure if we’ll ever see Exum become a true 3 and D threat, but if he can give the Jazz production that is on par with Green’s time in San Antonio - 10 points per game, 4 rebounds per game, 2 assists per game and at least 1 steal and/or block per game, we’ll be happy we kept him.

I think that Exum has the potential to be significantly more dynamic than Green, but he MUST continue to improve his shot and aggression.

The funny thing is that many Jazz fans are SO damn impatient. They easily would’ve been ready to jettison Danny Green and his crappy D-League stats before he broke out with San Antonio. And even after missing two seasons with major injuries and playing in almost 150 nba games. . . Exum is still younger than Green was when he started with the Cavs. He’s the definition of trial by fire.

Be patient. He’s already proven that he’ll work hard and he’s gotten better since he was drafted. He should continue to improve as he gets older.