What's new

FIBA Stuff

Dude you are one of the least objective people in here. Objective people are open-minded, aware of their bias and listen to others.

You stick to your opinions like your life depends on it.
I do not. I'm one of the few here who will openly say they are wrong.

Kessler looked fine in his whopping 6 minutes. Actually could get rebounds (2), unlike JJJ (1) in his 15 minutes before he fouled out. Diverted plenty of shots, had a block, made his only shot (JJJ had only 3 pts). I feel like he could have had a real impact on the game if he had been able to actually play more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Kessler looked fine in his whopping 6 minutes. Actually could get rebounds (2), unlike JJJ (1) in his 15 minutes before he fouled out. Diverted plenty of shots, had a block, made his only shot (JJJ had only 3 pts). I feel like he could have had a real impact on the game if he had been able to actually play more than a couple of minutes at a time.
The team was awful when he was on the court. It wasn't necessarily his fault. Team USA was just looking for something that would work and nothing was really working. The team just isn't geared towards playing drop

Anthony Edwards was the only dude making a real impact on both ends.

I don’t think you can both 1) claim to be the objective side 2) dismiss criticism because the player plays on your favorite team. Like why does it matter if Kessler plays for the Jazz he got cooked today. But I do agree that deeply unserious people remain unserious :)

I think Kerr got too cute with his roster selection. This is why USA basketball should probably have a coach that coaches in FIBA instead of NBA/college coaches who don’t care and are there in vacation and to recruit. Kessler wasn’t getting the job done….but no other options really. So even though he was ineffective today they should probably lean on him more. Mistakes were made in the construction of this roster but it cannot be fixed now. Even JJJ is kinda “soft” as a big man.

Rebounding is such a big part of the game but was totally overlooked. USA can still win the World Cup, but they will have to do so by winning shootouts or by Kessler adding that big man element the team is desperately needing. Chances are, Kerr won’t give him the chance so shootout it is. But USA are getting tougher shots and less of them because they give up so many rebounds.
This loss seems better for US than Lithuania win. They will face Italy next instead of Serbia.

Apparently a decent game from Simone from box score watching and a nice highlight floating around on Twitter of him cooking Reaves once in the USA's blowout of Italy.

Solid job overall for Fontecchio in Italy's FIBA run.
Simone had 18 points in the US beatdown. I know there's more to the game than scoring but perhaps he can be a useful piece off the bench.

Simone had 18 points in the US beatdown. I know there's more to the game than scoring but perhaps he can be a useful piece off the bench.
My biggest concern with Simone is his ability to create advantages against NBA level defenders. If he is just a C&S guy then he would need to bring solid tier defense to the table.

I hope he gained confidence and brings it with him, and shows he can do that.

A lot of talk about refs punishing Luka for whining in that Canada game. Apparently one of them had told another slovenian player that they didnt call a foul on Luka in some situation becouse he keeps coming at them. Also Doncic got some sus techs in the tournament, including one in that game where he also got ejected eventually.

Luka doesnt seem to be able to turn that off. Surely he realizes that refs are humans and if you constantly criticise their work they might get annoyed and this might happen (even if it shouldnt).

Apparently a decent game from Simone from box score watching and a nice highlight floating around on Twitter of him cooking Reaves once in the USA's blowout of Italy.

Solid job overall for Fontecchio in Italy's FIBA run.
SF was indeed solid overall for the tournament.
That said, he looked not solid against USA athleticism defending him, at least until the game was pretty much decided early on.

A lot of talk about refs punishing Luka for whining in that Canada game. Apparently one of them had told another slovenian player that they didnt call a foul on Luka in some situation becouse he keeps coming at them. Also Doncic got some sus techs in the tournament, including one in that game where he also got ejected eventually.

Luka doesnt seem to be able to turn that off. Surely he realizes that refs are humans and if you constantly criticise their work they might get annoyed and this might happen (even if it shouldnt).
Watching the game sure I thought refs got a bit mad at him. But really, holy cow, the guy's just a non stop whinner, I don't think I've watched anyone like him before...
With that said, whistle appeared to have been kind of random for most of the game; no consistency at all from refs...

I don't believe for a second that a ref said anything like that. It's worth noting that this is a story from Luka about what an unnamed ref said to one of his unnamed teammates. It's nonsense.

With that said, the refs were letting a lot of contact go for most of the game, which favoured Canada. I'd even say that Slovenia got a worse whistle comparatively.

I wonder if Josh Giddey could be pried away from OKC given their other PG options. If he ever learns how to shoot he’ll be an absolute star. Also DedEx had an excellent tournament, including 47% from 3, hope he gets an opportunity to play in Dallas.

And Jingles is only going to Orlando so his kids can play at Disneyworld. Dude is done.
no chance in hell. dude is untouchable for any half way reasonable price

Serbs are very solid as a team. Better overall than Canada. SGA is great but still have to improve to be able to carry this team.

How did KO do?