What's new

Flat Earth movement - explain please...

Do you believe the Earth is flat?

• Total voters
Yeah, when I was in processing a couple Sunday's ago he started telling me stuff. Some of the other guys came back into the control room and you could tell they were like "ahh ****, not this ****."
Did you guys end up on JF because of the recommendation from one of you, or did you end up at your employment because of your JF association and recommendation on that? Or did you both independently end up on JazzFanz and coincidentally work at the same place?

Did you guys end up on JF because of the recommendation from one of you, or did you end up at your employment because of your JF association and recommendation on that? Or did you both independently end up on JazzFanz and coincidentally work at the same place?
I asked Fish at one of my poker games if I could use him as a referral for my application to the place we work. He had talked about the good pay and benefits.

I really like working there, too.

The amount of them posting under any space video on Facebook is insane. I think you are vastly underestimating their numbers.

Well, since I actually don't know one, have not been told by anyone I know that there is one they know, and have never been told by anyone that they have been told of anyone they know that there is one, or that there is one even third or fourth hand accounts by any of their friends......

I think they exist only in political mythology. Generally, believed by the Left as the foundational belief system of the Right.

In short, people like MVP who know nothing about anyone outside "The Bubble" of politically-correct society. These are the only folks who believe flat-earthers exist.

But I admit, it is irresistible to taunt such "believers".

So of course, I punched the "Yes" button on the poll, but with-held my identification of course.

This is soooooooo much fun.

The Bible doesn't say anything about the shape of the earth. And, mathematically, "flat" would be a zero curvature or an infinite radius.... a limit that would require practically unattainable large numbers. Name a radius. There will be a larger radius which will render your radius lesser, and give your "earth" a non-zero curvature.

I'd expect One Brow to know we can't mathematically prove "flat".

flat is relative, and a good enough idea to use when going to the store for groceries.

Yeah, when I was in processing a couple Sunday's ago he started telling me stuff. Some of the other guys came back into the control room and you could tell they were like "ahh ****, not this ****."

I bet if you could get him drunk at a party, he'd let on he was only saying that to prove you're an idiot. A lot of people like to talk crap. Doesn't mean they believe it. Really.

So of course, I punched the "Yes" button on the poll, but with-held my identification of course.

Liar! I'm the only one who voted yes. The others took this as a serious rationality litmus test.

Well, OK. Some people will believe stuff for no reason. Doesn't mean they're nuts. Means some people will believe anything. For no reason. Check it out.... belief does not imply coherence or consistency. People can "believe" things that are directly inconsistent, contradictory, illogical....... A person can at the same moment believe black is white, white is black, black is black, and white is white. Belief requires no fact, and absolutely no logic, and absolutely no reason. Belief could be either the unconscious brain-dead medical flat line, or the mantra of a raging mob.

I bet if you could get him drunk at a party, he'd let on he was only saying that to prove you're an idiot. A lot of people like to talk crap. Doesn't mean they believe it. Really.
I bet you're wrong.

Liar! I'm the only one who voted yes. The others took this as a serious rationality litmus test.
Honestly I am surprised. I would assume we have a few flat Earthers on here, but maybe they are too embarrassed to admit it. Kind of like how no one on this board claimed to vote for Trump for awhile.

Reactions: MVP
Honestly I am surprised. I would assume we have a few flat Earthers on here, but maybe they are too embarrassed to admit it. Kind of like how no one on this board claimed to vote for Trump for awhile.

You're surprised there are no flat earthers around? It's probably something like 0.0000001% of the population who believes that.

Well, it's like this. I am usually willing to run out almost any idea, theory, belief, idea, whatsoever..... just to rattle the bars of this conventional church lady liberal site. But MVP is just too obvious.

However, unlike true believer social superiorists who sincerely cannot see beyond their own noses, I consider my version of anything suspect. And I'll probably be able to run out a different version of it tomorrow.

People generally are ignorant of a lot.... nobody knows exactly how ignorant, yet. Maybe there are a few trifling insignificant things we just won't ever have a better understanding about. But precious few.

How much.
First, he was easing me into his twisted ideas. He was telling me about all the horrors in the world and said that in whore houses in India when the prostitutes give birth their pimp takes the babies and just tosses them out a window onto a dead baby trash pile.

He gave me some quote about how being well adjusted to a maladjusted world was no virtue, or something along those lines.

You're surprised there are no flat earthers around? It's probably something like 0.0000001% of the population who believes that.

one in ten million outta 8 billion would imply 800 people who simply have not learned to read or learned a conversational language used in radio or TV, or who has not watched TV much. I'd guess more than forty million, less than 100 million, excluding toddlers. And aged folks who've lost most of their functionality.

But even these people are different from the internet gamesters who run out flat earth explanations. The true innocents who have never had a moment of reflection on the earth's shape.... that's most of them.

so yah, maybe 800 determined defenders of the idea who might sincerely think it's the fact.

First, he was easing me into his twisted ideas. He was telling me about all the horrors in the world and said that in whore houses in India when the prostitutes give birth their pimp takes the babies and just tosses them out a window onto a dead baby trash pile.

He gave me some quote about how being well adjusted to a maladjusted world was no virtue, or something along those lines.

Did he affirm that he has been there and seen that trash pile? Or did he merely have an item of hearsay he considered credible. OK, so with those three points of information, I'd guess he's in the class of idle gossipers who just love to think anything most people don't or won't think. I'd still say he might have an element of mockery embedded in his ODD complex.

Tell him if he has pics he can make good money on the National Enquirer.

You say that now, but just wait until they push you off the edge of the earth

On a foggy day, Utah has number of sites that in practical terms offer the reality of an "edge of the earth experience". I think that was what was in @Dr. Jones 's mind when he was naming his new posh retreat.

Zion's, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Arizona Strip, even the Virgin Narrows. Not to mention many other mesas of the Colorado Plateau.

However, Havasupai tribe has long exploited the protection afforded by the geology, and pointedly never did imagine the earth flat. Vertical, maybe.