What's new

For those Jazz fans that LURK here but don't post

good god a melbournenight how are your 47 seasons in a day going.thanks for the welcome mate and yes we shall take over

Bit chilly i've actually got the heater on but i'm paying for it with all your GST money. Yes our take over is inevitable.

Are there any members from the former jazzhoops.com forum? I joined to that forum at the end of the 2002-2003 season but that forum became private/closed around 2005 or 2006? If i am correct then for example Vinylone/Vinyljunkie/6theUpsetter9 and some others are also member of this forum. I remember that talking about religion and politics was forbidden. When was this forum established?

Are there any members from the former jazzhoops.com forum? I joined to that forum at the end of the 2002-2003 season but that forum became private/closed around 2005 or 2006? If i am correct then for example Vinylone/Vinyljunkie/6theUpsetter9 and some others are also member of this forum. I remember that talking about religion and politics was forbidden. When was this forum established?
I posted on that site for a while before it went private. Came here when it did.

Used to post there under another handle, then lurked here for years until finally made an account.

You are right, Vinylone was a very active member of jazzhoops, and if my Alzheimer hasn't kicked yet, so was GVC and Bordelais. I know there are other people I can't remember now. Good forum, nice memories.

Both forums were around. I posted mostly on JazzHoops (though both) until I was banned.

Life long Jazz fan - went to my first Jazz game as a pup around 1980 (Adrian Dantley signed my Jazz penant). Moved to Sacramento and finished high school in 1990 and was the only Jazz fan at my school. Served in the Navy 1990 - 2002 and was a die-hard fan. Pretty easy being a Jazz fan in the early/mid 1990's and just as an aside, sports teams are great comraderie builders in the service. I have great memories of the finals years and listening to the games in the middle of the night on the SATNAV while deployed to the Arabian Gulf. Visited Perth & Tasmania a couple of times (awesome), and many ports in the Middle East & Asia. Lived all over the US (Maryland, Rhode Island, Arizona, California, Indiana, New Mexico) and now reside in San Antonio. Love watching the Jazz and reading poster's thoughts on this board. I especially enjoy the guy that takes all of the quotes from the opposing team's board and compiles. I have lurked forever (may have been a different site back then, but started in 2002). I also listen to Hansen James' post game reports over the last year and like those too. Never thought i would like a Jazz team as much as the Stockton/Malone days, but this team has me giddy. Appreciate the thoughtful posters here, but not a big fan of the guys who attack each other. Go Jazz (fun to say that in Spurs country)

Anybody here date back to the old Usenet days? Does alt.sports.basketball.nba.utah-jazz ring any bells? Those were good times.

I have been mainly read-only member since the Jazzhoops forum was closed (around 2005?). Haven't posted much, but otherwise enjoyed most of the posts of my respected posters list and disliked some other ones. Being a somewhat conservative guy coming from a conservative country (maybe little bit of similar to CarolinaJazz :) ) it is not probably hard to guess which ones are kind of "whatever" to me.

What happend to Notty, SuperJazzFan, Chicaggie, JonColton, etc who were main members in Jazzhoops? Are they also posting here?
Hey! I just showed up this week when the successor to the old Jazzhoops forum (jazzhoops.net became jazzhoops.com in 2014) succumbed to some sort of virus, God rest its soul. Looks like you've got a pretty active forum, and looking forward to some great Jazz discussions.

Anybody here date back to the old Usenet days? Does alt.sports.basketball.nba.utah-jazz ring any bells? Those were good times.
Haven't really found a place since the old ksl forums. We started our own forum for awhile but it didn't really work out. Lurk on here a lot but don't post much.

Dirty, rotten, Sandgroper...

There are a few aussies that post here, myself and @Douchebag K are the Melbourne contingent, @Et tu Brute is from Sydney, @Hitman I believe is from Perth but generally is a pretty sharp judge of things so he is forgiven. @elan_prodigy i think is some sort of Aussie in exile. @ONE LOVE is a kiwi and receives derision from all.

So welcome aboard @Wazzajazz and make yourself at home, as you can see we are slowly taking over. The Americans have grown decadent and complacent we will soon outnumber them, then the board will be ours!
Yeah, I'm Melbourne too

Just came across this board and joined a few days ago. I was a long-time active poster on the Jazzhoops forum which crashed a few weeks back and hasn't been revived. I felt so alone without anyone to discuss the Conley trade, draft, and pending free agency (my wife and kids can only tolerate so much). Anyway, looking forward to meeting more fans and finding a new outlet for my obsessive Jazz takes.