What's new

Frustrating things that don't make any sense

You are right on that. I don't think any international consumer would care if they changed their handle. I don't know about the Chinese market though.

Well let's look at the latest data below for the Chinese Market. Oppo - remember the brand I mentioned is making its push in Asia?!?! It's currently sitting at the top, overtaking Huawei in the Chinese market over the 2015-2016 period. Vivo is hot on their heels also.

So clearly you don't need a Chinese sounding brand to do well in China.

screenshot-2017-02-06-12-51-53.png

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/05/oppo-topped-chinas-smartphone-market-in-2016/

Let's now look at the Worldwide marketshare. Samsung and Apple are at the top, obviously.

But notice how Huawei was a runaway 3rd in 2016? Then in 2017, the brands I mentioned before, Oppo and Vivo are making HUGE grounds, to the point where they've nearly doubled their market share over the 2016 - 2017 year alone!!!

Watch this space.

I predict Oppo and Vivo will eventually leave Huawei in the dust - if they don't begin to reinvent its brand and change that unpronounceable name.

gartner.jpg

https://9to5mac.com/2017/05/23/iphone-market-share-gartner-q1-2017/

One Love's rants?

JK.

It's okay this bugs you more than others. Plenty of things bug me more than they should or more than they do others.

Like box elder bugs, I ****ing hate them. I also hate box elder trees. Although I love the wood from box elder trees, especially the random ones with ribbons of raspberry streaks of color in them.

Like box elder bugs, I ****ing hate them. I also hate box elder trees. Although I love the wood from box elder trees, especially the random ones with ribbons of raspberry streaks of color in them.

Literally the worst thing on Earth. I've made threads about them in the past.

Literally the worst thing on Earth. I've made threads about them in the past.

Growing up we had a huge box elder tree in our back yard. The tree split the fence (fence was inside the tree) between our's and the neighbor's yard, and our neighbor had a woodpile up against the tree and the fence. Box Elder bug heaven.

My pastime when I was young, like 5-9, was killing those things one by one. Each one was personal.

Just went outside at about midnight in my backyard and noticed someone had tagged my fence again so I grabbed my graffiti removal spray and some rags and cleaned some of it off and then grabbed my billy club/mini bat and sat in my yard for about 45 minutes hoping they might come back to finish it or show it off or whatever.......
Anyone know how it would go in the eyes of the law if I beat someone's *** with my bat for spray painting my fence?

My wife thinks that I would get in trouble. I'm curious if I'm allowed to defend my property in that manner.

Got my blood boiling.

What percentage of consumers do you reckon know anything about it? They're just buying a toy that has been sold to them as something new, when in effect its something old repackaged. Marketing and packaging, the pillars of American capitalism, apple exemplify it.

I understand what you mean, but it is always the same with most technological tools that are mainstream.

Smartphones too have a lot of cool features that most users don't know about. This is the nature of it. It is not just iPad.

Just went outside at about midnight in my backyard and noticed someone had tagged my fence again so I grabbed my graffiti removal spray and some rags and cleaned some of it off and then grabbed my billy club/mini bat and sat in my yard for about 45 minutes hoping they might come back to finish it or show it off or whatever.......
Anyone know how it would go in the eyes of the law if I beat someone's *** with my bat for spray painting my fence?

My wife thinks that I would get in trouble. I'm curious if I'm allowed to defend my property in that manner.

Got my blood boiling.

Not a lawyer but common sense would tell me you're not allowed to beat someone up unless:

a) they've come inside your property uninvited; or

b) your life's at risk.

So in this case, since they're still outside your property (i.e., standing in front of the fence), and your life isn't really at risk, common sense would tell me you would probably get in trouble if you beat up the tagger(s).

Got my blood boiling.

You will go to jail

Put on some gloves and a balclava, follow them a safe distance...

Just kidding

kinda

I hate that I am supposed to have more than one type of pants. I hate that people think you have to wear different outfits every damn day. And I really really hate shopping for clothes. Oh joy, I get to spend my money on overpriced **** made by slaves that I don't want but am supposed to have.

I hate that I am supposed to have more than one type of pants. I hate that people think you have to wear different outfits every damn day. And I really really hate shopping for clothes. Oh joy, I get to spend my money on overpriced **** made by slaves that I don't want but am supposed to have.
Agreed.
I wear a uniform at my job so I only change my clothes every other day. I pretty much only wear board shorts and tank tops this time of year and I haven't bought any new clothes in a couple years. (Though I have gotten clothes as b day or Christmas presents)

Hate spending money on clothes

kinda of agree - I often wish adults had to wear uniforms like school kids (just without having to tuck in our shirts)

I hate how my multi-vitamin often gives me a slight nauseous feeling a little while after I take it - the yucky feeling goes away after about 5-10 minutes, but it's a little unpleasant while it lasts

(edit - oops, I think I meant to put this in the Pet Peeves thread)

Growing up, I always thought Box Elder bugs were awesome and beautiful. Must be nice growing up privileged were they are considered the most annoying thing in the world and pests.

I don't want to talk about them.

I'm afraid they'll hear and decide it's time for another visit.

this is for you PMG:

School Song

O sing we a song of Box Elder;
Her colors are Purple and White.
Tell all the world of her triumphs,
Led by the lily so white.
Then join in her praise students loyal;
Hail, we our dear old Alma Mater.
We are the boosters of Box Elder;
We love you, praise you and support you
Dear Box Elder.
(Repeat)

the school song on Box Elder High School in Brigham City, Utah

I believe All Blacks refers to their All Black Uniform...

Yup. What would we do on the internet without the internet to look things up?

"New Zealand's early uniforms consisted of a black jersey with a silver fern and white knickerbockers. By the 1905 tour, they were wearing all black, except for the silver fern, and their name "All Blacks" dates from this time."