What's new

Game 11: Jazz vs. Mavericks

Watching Min v LA and the commentator just said "I think the Jazz fans will show appreciation for Hayward on Thursday and clap for him". Hahaha. Man. This guy is in for a surprise.

It’s Mark Jackson and he’s dumb... tried to run Stockton out of town when he was a Jazz man... he don’t know us... we petty AF. It will be deafening and it will cross lines... that’s how we roll.

Rubios shot is still crooked, but he played good defense and did all the other Rubio stuff deflections, loose balls, good passes.

Only thing is AB was wrecking the world and couldn’t get back in the game... thought he could have taken some of the Rubio minutes... come on Quin... don’t Ty Corbin @fishonjazz ’s boy when he’s going straight Steph Curry out there.

Also I don’t have the exact stats in front of me but we win 100% of the games that Ricky gives someone the death stare.

Imma name it now... it’s the Samarai Stare... it’s his WWE finish move.

I've always been a Carlisle fan, but I don't think he has a handle on the psyche-end of the Mavs. It's weird... because they play good transition D and a few other things that make you think he's got a good handle on the team... but then they play really selfish and cheap basketball in the next instant. It doesn't feel like a Carlisle team to me.

Great seeing the purple unis, the Golden Griff, and the old Stockton/Malone commercial. Took me back to my early Jazzfandom. Fun win!

Can't wait for Friday.

Rod Zundel on KSL sports news suggested that there may have been a Curse of the Jazz Bear. Has he been reading Jazzfanz?

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I've always been a Carlisle fan, but I don't think he has a handle on the psyche-end of the Mavs. It's weird... because they play good transition D and a few other things that make you think he's got a good handle on the team... but then they play really selfish and cheap basketball in the next instant. It doesn't feel like a Carlisle team to me.

They seem a bit casual. Especially Deandre. Now that he’s not a Clipper I find him very likeable... he’s the anti-Cousins... always smiling. He might be the most popular dude in the league everyone loves him.

Honestly, our best line-up would be Mitchell at the point, Burks at the 2, Royce at the 3, Crowder at the 4 and Gobert at the 5. So much space and athleticism.
Ingles is easily our 3rd best player. The **** outta here with your hate.

Man, they made 36 FTs. Rudy was fouled out. What a season so far..

DM shot only 2 FTs. He never gets a whistle.
He can't be a true star if he can't get to the FT line consistently.
Perhaps he should get better at selling fouls. Exum does that well.

they'll get better as the season goes on
And a rapist but no one cares.

not to mention a penchant for gangbangs and all manner of battery powered aids ...

Man, they made 36 FTs. Rudy was fouled out. What a season so far..

DM shot only 2 FTs. He never gets a whistle.
He can't be a true star if he can't get to the FT line consistently.
Perhaps he should get better at selling fouls. Exum does that well.
Exum gets the weirdest foul calls though. He can blow by his defender, get to the rim, get fouled while attempting a layup and never get a call because he goes so fast, but then he might get a foul just dribbling around mindlessly, someone reaches in, and then Exum flails about while trying to keep the ball and get a foul.

I'm gonna say it:
I don't like how few minutes Burks and Exum are getting. I think Q is ****ing this part of the game up.
giphy.gif

I think it is time we just accept that no game is safe.

This has been true around the whole league though, and it doesn't matter how good the teams are. The refs are definitely calling things one sided once a team gets a good lead. The other night I was watching 4 games at once, and they all had 10-20 point differences in the 3rd and 4th quarters, and every single one ended up tied at the end. Adam Silver might as well just merge the NBA with the WWE.