What's new

Go GET Teague

Is Hood at this point beyond Teague to us value wise? I'm leaning yes, but not sure. If yes then Burks/Burke/pick(OKC/GSW, or maybe a pick swap) seems to be the way to go.

I wouldn't want to see Hood in that deal.

I don't know that it's going to take a lot. The league is awash in quality PGs (which is why their trying to trade one). It also seems like the return on established players has been less and less.

That said, I like Teague. I don't know what the Jazz FO has been doing for the last 11 months but they'd better dust off their computers and get to ****ing work.

Last edited:
I don't know that it's going to take a lot. The league is awash in quality PGs (which is why their trying to trade one). It also seems like the return on established players has been been less and less.

That said, I like Teague. I don't know what the Jazz FO has been doing for the last 11 months but they'd better dust off their computers and get to ****ing work.

they'll probably also have password recovery problems. Hopefully they remember their usernames.

To piggyback off of Lowe (as I understand it), trade Hayward and rebuild again, or do something proactive to win some ****ing basketball games. I'm all about the latter.

this. I mean I'd do Black Jesus and Burks and 1-2 picks....I think..?

Maybe Sexum can take the rains fully by the time Jeff's contract expires.

who does that trade btw.

Let's say the GSW 2017 pick, Burke, and Burks. We also have a ****ton of good 2nd rounders from garbage teams.

In my mind this is a really ridiculous trade for the jazz. The only reason to do this trade is to help us ensure we play either Golden State or San Antonio in the playoffs. This at the risk of causing further confidence issues in Dante and stunting his growth. Dante is the best chance we have At finding a star, and at the pg position, no less

In my mind this is a really ridiculous trade for the jazz. The only reason to do this trade is to help us ensure we play either Golden State or San Antonio in the playoffs. This at the risk of causing further confidence issues in Dante and stunting his growth. Dante is the best chance we have At finding a star, and at the pg position, no less

Yes, let's not add anyone because we gotta protect Dante's self-esteem. Great logic.

Teague would be an upgrade over Burke and Neto for this year, and the years to come. FO should jump on every opportunity to improve the team. It's that simple.

Yes, let's not add anyone because we gotta protect Dante's self-esteem. Great logic.

Teague would be an upgrade over Burke and Neto for this year, and the years to come. FO should jump on every opportunity to improve the team. It's that simple.

So we should further perpetuate Dantes could growth as a player that has already been stunted by the injury, plus give up two of the better bench scores in the NBA yes Teague is a pretty good player, but who won't be on the team more than a year or two while the Jazz wait for Dante to take over all for the right to take on Golden State or San Antonio, which is something they can still do with out Teague. That's just dumb. Are we finishing our rebuild or starting over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRading for Teague would make so much sense :
- quality experienced leadership at the PG position, something this team has been begging for for a while.
- cheap contract, 2 years left, no massive commitment but just what is needed to keep the team going in the righ direction.
- Does not stunt Exum, on the contrary allows him to developp while having a quality starter in front of him + due to Exum's length, you can play 2PG lineups at times.

Sure potential makes peoples fantasize, could Schröeder be the new yadayada... But this team has been rebuilding for a while, starting to win games and have some success is what matters. Teague-Hayward-Favors-Gobert + 1 shooter is a heck of a solid starting unit. Even trading some of our guns (Burks or Hood + a 1st) the team would be very well balanced.

It would really make sense as a move. Not the "let's make a pass at Durant" type of pipe dream, but rather a real tangible reasonable trade to make the team better without burdening it with a 5 year long expensive contract.

The likelihood that a 20-year old that wasn't that good beforehand, suddenly becomes great after a year off is so low that it isn't worth considering at all. Furthermore, in the off-chance that that does happen, suddenly the Jazz have the luxury of a logjam.

It's time to get a starting-caliber point guard. It's been five years.

If this trade went through tomorrow, and the jazz stayed healthy, then there's still a shot at the 5th seed.

Teague
Hood
Hayward
Favors
Gobert

^that's an absolutely legitimate starting 5.

The likelihood that a 20-year old that wasn't that good beforehand, suddenly becomes great after a year off is so low that it isn't worth considering at all. Furthermore, in the off-chance that that does happen, suddenly the Jazz have the luxury of a logjam.

It's time to get a starting-caliber point guard. It's been five years.

Simple as that. So much common sense in this post.

Let's also not forget that every core player on the Jazz will continue to to improve beyond this year. Some here act as though we have the finished product. Even Burks and Burke are still improving. I'm not giving up major assets for a couple years of a middle of the pack pg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who does that trade btw.

Let's say the GSW 2017 pick, Burke, and Burks. We also have a ****ton of good 2nd rounders from garbage teams.
I might do it.

Teague can play next to exum too

Atlanta is 3rd in the east... They aren't trading Jeff Teague for Alec "out indefinitely" Burks -- who was the last player "out indefinetly" that was traded in the NBA anyways?? I don't remember..

If your going to be talking about adding in 1st round picks the target should be Dennis Schroder anyways, who's restricted and lightning quick..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aFrxZ0H4aA

Is Burks out indefinitely?

I had heard he would be back around the all star break

Is Burks out indefinitely?

I had heard he would be back around the all star break

It just means they don't know when exactly he'll be back. Gobert was out indefinitely too, until he came back.