What's new

Go GET Teague

Burke and Burks create great depth off the bench at such cheap prices. That would be hard to duplicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is true.

Would be nice to have an above average starter at point guard though

Burke and Burks create great depth off the bench at such cheap prices. That would be hard to duplicate.

Burks costing 11m a year without making an impact on the win column is not a great price.

It just means they don't know when exactly he'll be back. Gobert was out indefinitely too, until he came back.
So basically every time a player is injured they are out indefinitely. Got it

Let's also not forget that every core player on the Jazz will continue to to improve beyond this year. Some here act as though we have the finished product. Even Burks and Burke are still improving. I'm not giving up major assets for a couple years of a middle of the pack pg.

If by middle of the pack you mean about 15th best PG in the NBA, ie middle of the starting PG pack then you are right.. it still means he is better than a good 60ish PGs in the NBA and in the top 20%.

Second a "middle of the pack" PG is actually what separates this team from improving more, winning games, etc. Neto and Burke do what they can, but the goal isn't for players to improve individually in a vacuum, it's for the team to improve. And the way this team is built with Hayward, Favors, Gobert, a middle of the pack PG as you call it would be a great way to improve !

You're acting like it's my fault they don't provide a timeline.
They actually did provide a timeline.
He had surgery and they said 6-8 weeks (iirc) which put him coming back around the all star break.
So to me, that is considered a definite amount of time... Not definite down to the day, minute, second, millisecond, etc but if you trade for Alec Burks you know he will be ready to play for your team right around the all star break.

To me out indefinitely means you have no clue when a dude will return to action. Like when Exum got hurt they couldn't even say what month he would be back.

I think a two week window is a definite amount of time enough to make Burks tradeable. The hawks would know that he would be there in a couple weeks to help them.

Honestly, I hadn't really looked into how Teague was playing this year too much and was basing my opinion mostly off past play, after looking into this year I'm not really interested in him for anything near fair market value(which Burke/Burks/pick would be).

Schroder would be my preference of their PG's for sure.

It's worth noting that they're the ones trying to resolve a logjam that could become volatile. They're placing the calls more than just taking them.

Yeah, but reading the RealGM thread, fans there say they need small forwards.

Hood, Burke, and a top8 protected first. You willing to do that?

Honestly, I hadn't really looked into how Teague was playing this year too much and was basing my opinion mostly off past play, after looking into this year I'm not really interested in him for anything near fair market value(which Burke/Burks/pick would be).

Schroder would be my preference of their PG's for sure.

If Teague was playing like last year, they wouldn't be testing the waters. Teague has a down-ish season partly because of a lingering ankle issue. That's why he is gettable.

Yeah, but reading the RealGM thread, fans there say they need small forwards.

Hood, Burke, and a top8 protected first. You willing to do that?

I wouldn't. Teague is just not that great, and I think Hood can be a killer offensive player.

I wouldn't. Teague is just not that great, and I think Hood can be a killer offensive player.

Maybe, but the issue remains for the Jazz : they desperately need a quality floor general. This is the key issue. You can have Burks and Hood an Hayward being all very good SG/SFs but this doesn't solve the main issue.

Cue a month from now and Jazzfanz up in flames with stupid cake memes because Jazz didn't trade Burke and Burks for Teague when that was never an option to begin with since Atlanta would only take Hood.

yeah I would keep Hood.

Burks and Burke are something I would probably do though.

Burke + Burks for Teague gets it done. Two promising young players who have proven themselves to be 16 ppg players with good contracts for a point guard that they are ready to move on. They get Schroeder and a really good backup point for a player who was an all star once. You don't need the 1st round pick there folks. And Hood is a piece that the Jazz have no interest in trading any time soon.

Burke + Burks for Teague gets it done. Two promising young players who have proven themselves to be 16 ppg players with good contracts for a point guard that they are ready to move on. They get Schroeder and a really good backup point for a player who was an all star once. You don't need the 1st round pick there folks. And Hood is a piece that the Jazz have no interest in trading any time soon.

Since when have Burks or Burke averaged 16 ppg?

Maybe, but the issue remains for the Jazz : they desperately need a quality floor general. This is the key issue. You can have Burks and Hood an Hayward being all very good SG/SFs but this doesn't solve the main issue.

Jazz will need one down the road but not now