What's new

Go GET Teague

Burke, Ingles, and our 2015 draft pick unprotected for Teague.

Who says no?
Atlanta says no.
We get Teague and still have Hayward, hood, favors, Burks, and Gobert means that out pick wouldn't be very good so they would be giving up teague for a backup chucker pg, a dude who shouldn't even be in the nba, and a crappy pick

Atlanta says no.
We get Teague and still have Hayward, hood, favors, Burks, and Gobert means that out pick wouldn't be very good so they would be giving up teague for a backup chucker pg, a dude who shouldn't even be in the nba, and a crappy pick

Makes sense. Ingles aint to shabby though.

I was creepin on the Hawks message board, looks like they want Hood + a "sweetner". IMO, Hood is already better than Jeff and Dennis.

The likelihood that a 20-year old that wasn't that good beforehand, suddenly becomes great after a year off is so low that it isn't worth considering at all. Furthermore, in the off-chance that that does happen, suddenly the Jazz have the luxury of a logjam.

It's time to get a starting-caliber point guard. It's been five years.

I'm all for getting Teague but this is trash logic. Look at Exum's last run of games and tell me we weren't better. To say the probability is low that he will be good is the same thing as me saying the probability is high. He is an unknown, he has a valuable skillset and he hasn't produced (at an individual level) yet. That's all we know.

I'm all for getting Teague but this is trash logic. Look at Exum's last run of games and tell me we weren't better. To say the probability is low that he will be good is the same thing as me saying the probability is high. He is an unknown, he has a valuable skillset and he hasn't produced (at an individual level) yet. That's all we know.

We were pretty good last year, but I'm not so sure you can contribute a lotof that to Exum.

Exum has a lot of red flags for where we picked him. Namely he played very timid. His shot doesn't look good. The only thing that looked good was his defense. He could barely make a layup. That's a huge red flag. He's not as quick as he was billed either.

I would say it's a lot safer to say he isn't that good, than he's gonna be really good. I'd have no problem trading him.

We were pretty good last year, but I'm not so sure you can contribute a lit of that to Exum.

Exum has a lot of red flags for where we picked him. Namely he played very timid. His shot doesn't look good. The only thing that looked good was his defense. He could barely make a layup. That's a huge red flag. He's not as quick as he was billed either.

I would say it's a lot safer to say he isn't that good, than he's gonna be really good. I'd have no problem trading him.

Good thing you're not running the team then. Giving up on Exum at this point would be a ridiculous move.

I like Teague, and would be down to get him, but I wouldn't offer too much for him. I'd have no problem sending them Burke and Burks, and maybe one of our lousy picks. I wouldn't go all crazy and offer a bunch of first rounders though. He's good, but he's not a game changer. I'd rather save that amount for a player with higher upside.

We were pretty good last year, but I'm not so sure you can contribute a lotof that to Exum.

I agree that Exum's hype around these forums is a bit ridiculous. But you don't trade a young player with huge upside without getting something REALLY good in return.

Teague is good, but I think some of these offers are overboard. He's a good 2 year fix until Exum is ready and a hedge in case the guy never gets ready. I'd go Burks, Burke, and OKC 1st... maybe GSW pick if I had to. They won't get more than that somewhere else. It might have to be a three teamer because I think they want a SF.

Would the hawks consider trading for Burks with him injured? Burks is suppose to be back in like a month I would say.

Anyone wanna explain to me why they hawks would trade a good point guard in Teague for an awful one in burke while getting an often injured burks who really hasn't done much?

Anyone wanna explain to me why they hawks would trade a good point guard in Teague for an awful one in burke while getting an often injured burks who really hasn't done much?

To make way for their future at PG Schroder and add some legitimate scoring off the bench.

Here is a three team scenario I could see... Utah sends out Burks and Burke and maybe a GSW or OKC pick. Utah gets Jeff Teague. Philly sends out Robert Covington and receives Alec Burks. Atlanta sends out Teague and receives Covington, Burke, and the OKC pick.

Atlanta gets a 3 pt. shooting SF and someone that can play some point to cover for Teague's absence. Both guys are cheap next year so it will aid in their efforts to retain Bazemore and Horford without taking a big step back... so they hope.

Philly gets a good young 2 guard who will score 35 pts a game for them when healthy. #s may be exagerated, but if Ish can put up 20 per with them I don't see why AB can't score a **** ton of points for them.

We get Teague.

Salaries don't have to match because Utah and Philly are under the cap.

If you think Burke or Burks are "legit scores" then.......

Anyways, they'd demand hood over burks .

Burke isn't as consistent as Teague but their numbers aren't that far apart. Jeff is having a down year though and Trey has been better than expected.

If you think Burke or Burks are "legit scores" then.......

Anyways, they'd demand hood over burks .

they are talking with NY about it.... Please tell me what NY has that they would part with for Teague that is better than what we are offering.

This is typical the guys on other teams are amazing and our guys suck perspective. Teague is a good starter... Burke is a good backup and Alec is a great sixth man. Burks is on a friendly long term contract.