What's new

HC candidates

Welcome to the board man. Sorry you had a run in with idiot to start your tenure, but like somebody else said, that's his way of welcoming you in on the fly.

If Mark Jackson didn't have his checkered past here, he could be a decent option. But he's like the coach version of Hayward - he could help us, but too much bad history between us.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
That is if you could tear him away from his day job which is at least as lucrative, a lot less time intensive and a lot less stressful! I mean we wouldn’t want him in the first place but with his high profile broadcasting gig he wouldn’t be interested in jumping ship either IMO.

Last edited:
That is if you could tear him away from his day job which is at least as lucrative, a lot less time intensive and a lot less stressful! I mean we wouldn’t want him in the first place but with his high profile broadcasting gig he wouldn’t be interested in jumping ship either IMO.
Mark Jackson was a terrible coach and is an even worse game announcer. I can't stand listening to him...

I don’t know where to put this…but Darvin Ham is such a nice guy. 8ish years ago when the SL was much smaller I sat near him and had a great conversation with him. He talked about how Quin was going to be great for us, laughed at some assistants who were practicing their complaining, and told a story about how Jared Cunningham was an elite player in an empty gym but terrible anytime anyone was watching. That last point became relevant because Jared Cunningham is the reason why we got to pick up Joe Ingles.

I have nothing much to say about assistants, it’s impossible to know how good they are and if they’re the right fit, but Darvin Ham is a good dude that makes the Lakers a tad more tolerable.

Last edited:
How did I contradict myself Captain Sensitive?

Easy Keefe Easy. Don’t unleash the dogs. After re reading your post you in fact did not contradict yourself. However I dont see the point of the majority of it. But whatever this is why I don’t comment anything but basketball on here generally cause I’m not sensitive just thought it was a strange post my man. Also didn’t make a lot of sense. But keep on quacking keefe buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Easy Keefe Easy. Don’t unleash the dogs. After re reading your post you in fact did not contradict yourself. However I dont see the point of the majority of it. But whatever this is why I don’t comment anything but basketball on here generally cause I’m not sensitive just thought it was a strange post my man. Also didn’t make a lot of sense. But keep on quacking keefe buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
I like your style, man.

Mark Jackson was a terrible coach and is an even worse game announcer. I can't stand listening to him...
Any chance that an underlying bias concerning a story that broke when he was a player here has anything to do with that perception? He’s usually always paired with Jeff Van Gundy with whom he was also once associated as a player and they obviously enjoy a great rapport. I admit the banter can get a bit tedious but regarding your performance assessment, I’m pretty sure he’s secure in his position. That being said, I really only care for Jim Jackson, Reggie Miller and Stan Van Gundy, and even at that, would listen to Boler and Harp every game if I could (all bets are off if Holly is onboard though). Losing Harp and replacing him with Holly Rowe was a crying shame!!!!!

Any chance that an underlying bias concerning a story that broke when he was a player here has anything to do with that perception? He’s usually always paired with Jeff Van Gundy with whom he was also once associated as a player and they obviously enjoy a great rapport. I admit the banter can get a bit tedious but regarding your performance assessment, I’m pretty sure he’s secure in his position. That being said, I really only care for Jim Jackson, Reggie Miller and Stan Van Gundy, and even at that, would listen to Boler and Harp every game if I could (all bets are off if Holly is onboard though). Losing Harp and replacing him with Holly Rowe was a crying shame!!!!!
Mark Jackson was a clubhouse lawyer when he played here. He tried to turn the team against Stockton.