What's new

Hood or Favors?

Who's better isn't really the question though, it's who helps the team win more. As I said in an earlier post, at one time I considered Favors the best player on the team. He hasn't returned with quite the same vigor, but I still believe that he will regain his wind and find his form. But what the pro-Favors crowd isn't taking into account is the fact that Favors spends an appreciable percentage of his time on court spelling Gobert. Also, when he has played alongside Gobert, Favors covers the opposing center and Gobert covers the power forward on most nights. Now this strategy makes sense because not only is Favors the stouter and stronger of the two, but he is also the slower of the two as well. Favors made his name on interior defense not perimeter and is simply not quick enough to cover the quicker fours and fives in this league. Then there's the spacing issues on offense. So the question becomes not only whether Favors can put his chronic injuries behind him but also if he can coexist with a much improved Gobert in a league that has fallen in love with small ball.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to keep both, but the fact that Favors will demand more money on his next deal coupled with the other issues makes me lean towards Hood.

Don't agree Gobert is faster than Favors, at least not when he's healthy.