What's new

I think the story of this team has to include a Rock Bottom

Not sure where exactly to post this. But I thought it was interesting. Apparently Greg Oden was at the Jazz practice facility today.

Obviously he's retired. But I wonder if he spoke to the guys. He has a motivational story. Could have just been visiting Mike though.

No, he’s picking Dante’s brain. Imagine if DL drafted him.

Tyrone Corbin would have this team on a 60 win pace with his well oiled, traditional style of running a trial and error offense, then sticking to what works best and is consistent. Snyder, a great coach in his own right, prefers a more gimmicky style that works sporadically and very well at the peaks but falls apart hard in troughs.

If Corbin could squeeze efficiency out of those Al Jefferson squads just think what he could get with this. Pythagorean wins tells you all you need to know when it comes to Corbin vs Snyder. Corbin won more than expected, Snyder has lost more than expected every season.
Inductive inference, which I demonstrated in my Treatise, is unsatisfactory. JazzFanz will benefit more from sound philosophical positions.

Tyrone Corbin would have this team on a 60 win pace with his well oiled, traditional style of running a trial and error offense, then sticking to what works best and is consistent. Snyder, a great coach in his own right, prefers a more gimmicky style that works sporadically and very well at the peaks but falls apart hard in troughs.

If Corbin could squeeze efficiency out of those Al Jefferson squads just think what he could get with this. Pythagorean wins tells you all you need to know when it comes to Corbin vs Snyder. Corbin won more than expected, Snyder has lost more than expected every season.

Ty Corbin wasn’t a bad coach, the only thing that I have on him is the influence that he had (similar to Quin’s) on the FO over the starting PG for the Jazz. Causing the Jazz to draft Trey Burke and letting the likes of Giannis pass by...

Lol.

Hey if it takes bringing a coach that can light a fire under these players asses then so be it. Quin has been coasting lately.

This isn't high school football.
Right, it’s professional basketball, professional...

I mean, I can live with being out talented and what not, it’s the lack of effort which kills me, and it’s been a few games now.

Last edited:
Donovan sounds defeated.

Clearly frustrated. Lost for words. While flailing he managed to toss out the "You guys (the media) put expectations on us".

Donovan sounds defeated.

Clearly frustrated. Lost for words. While flailing he managed to toss out the "You guys (the media) put expectations on us".
I hope he didn’t say that... I hope his expectations were to challenge for a title... Rudy has set the bar there before a few times...

I hope he didn’t say that... I hope his expectations were to challenge for a title... Rudy has set the bar there before a few times...

"It only feels different because y’all just gave us expectations because of who we have and who we brought in."

I wish he hadn't gone there, but the poor kid is clearly struggling with the load he is carrying on and off the floor. Its easy to be a leader when everything is going right, but much harder to be the leader when things are sour.

"It only feels different because y’all just gave us expectations because of who we have and who we brought in."

I wish he hadn't gone there, but the poor kid is clearly struggling with the load he is carrying on and off the floor. Its easy to be a leader when everything is going right, but much harder to be the leader when things are sour.

I know he's only 23, but I didn't like it when he was asked as to what he's learned as a leader through this stretch, and for him to say 'i don't even know to be honest'.

Even saying something like, 'To not do what we're doing right now. The only way we will get out of this hole is to stick together and get through it together and strive for much better than what we are right now.' He pointed out that he's the leader, and when the reporter pulled him up on it and asked a leader type question, he had.....nothing.