What's new

i'm quite disgusted with the NBA refs tonight turning a blind eye to westbrook's actions.

From Andy Larsen's Triple Team:

The question: was Westbrook waved on the court by the officials or was he leaving the bench area to participate in an altercation? The latter would be an ejection and a suspension for Game 5.

A pool reporter request to the game officials to ask them about the play was initiated, but the NBA indicated that the officials wouldn't comment on the matter because it would be reviewed by the league's disciplinary committee.

Regardless, Westbrook confronting Gobert again potentially puts the Thunder in a horrible position, potentially playing a closeout game without their MVP.

They won't suspend him and I hope they don't. There will be even more whining and crying if they do. We're beating them at their best. Let us take out the jugular of another franchise

They won't suspend him and I hope they don't. There will be even more whining and crying if they do. We're beating them at their best. Let us take out the jugular of another franchise
I agree with this. I dont want to hear their excuses.

Also I think they might be better if they lean on PG with Westbrook out. Westbrook is not creating for others in this series and he isnt scoring in the paint. He is mostly jacking up contested long 2s.

With all due respect, **** that. I don't give whining and crying any creedance, what does that weakminded **** matter? He deserves to be suspended. if their gonna take Amare out of that WCF vs the Spurs, why does Westbrook deserve a pass?

With all due respect, **** that. I don't give whining and crying any creedance, what does that weakminded **** matter? He deserves to be suspended. if their gonna take Amare out of that WCF vs the Spurs, why does Westbrook deserve a pass?
Because as a fan of a team it is much more satisfying to beat them whole. If you take one guy out even for 1 game for a silly rule it is less satisfying. We dont want an easy route, we dont want to give them fuel to rally around, we dont want to hear their excuses. We do want to see their tears, we do want to see them broken.

Also I dont give a **** what happened 11 years ago in the NBA. This isnt court, no one cares about precedence. Amare should not have been suspended then, why keep up the mistake.

I hope Westbrook is suspended. I don't want the Thunder to be given another excuse. But the rule is the rule. Suspending Westbrook will show everyone that star players aren't above the rules.

Uhh, refs do it every game when players are trying to sub in.

Someone mentioned it was a shooting foul and they normally are waived in after the first free throw... worth watching.

Is it crazy that I’d rather have him play? His net rating is awful and I think they are pretty predictable when he is in... but if he is out maybe Melo comes to the rescue and its midrange shot buffet. SO MANY JAB STEPS.

If everything happened just the same except it was Gobert instead of Westbrook who left the bench, you can bet your *** that he would have been suspended. Every damn time. That being the case, suspend Westbrook. I desire to move on in the playoffs, not prove some point of competitive sportsmanship. Quite frankly there is a non-trival chance that Westbrook's antics get one of our players hurt or suspended for retaliating against him. He can sit the Hell down.

Someone mentioned it was a shooting foul and they normally are waived in after the first free throw... worth watching.

Is it crazy that I’d rather have him play? His net rating is awful and I think they are pretty predictable when he is in... but if he is out maybe Melo comes to the rescue and its midrange shot buffet. SO MANY JAB STEPS.
Yeah, I dont think it's that crazy to think along that line.

I dont think it really changes the outcome either way. The Jazz should win game 5 unless PG puts in a super human performance while Utah flounders.

If everything happened just the same except it was Gobert instead of Westbrook who left the bench, you can bet your *** that he would have been suspended. Every damn time. That being the case, suspend Westbrook. I desire to move on in the playoffs, not prove some point of competitive sportsmanship. Quite frankly there is a non-trival chance that Westbrook's antics get one of our players hurt or suspended for retaliating against him. He can sit the Hell down.

I kind of want him there to see this... and I want Ricky to just scream at him "you made me do this... this is because of you"

Russ said he heard the horns and came in because of that... there were no horns upon review of the video... Adams also stayed on the bench. I think it is fairly clear he came off the bench, but it is in the middle and likely can be explained away.

I'll be curious to hear the explanation.

I hope he is suspended and OKC wins, then they lose game 6 when he comes back.

Not really, I want the Jazz to win it in game 5, but would love to see backlash in the above scenario.

You know who was supremely impressive last night? Ricky... can't believe how smart he was last night and paid zero attention to his BS. He got under RW's skin in a totally different way than Jae and Ingles.

Just wanted to say how classy that guy was and how much smarter he was than RW. Used his aggression against him.

If the heard the horn is Westbrooks story then I think he gets suspended. I mean we have video and there was no horn. He would have been better off saying I though someone signaled me in... tougher to verify given the camera angles shown... maybe they have more angles.

We should tell the league that we concede and they can let the player play without protest... but we get a favor down the line... Quin will let them know when we want it.

Don't really care about competitive spirit etc, it's a rule that's been enforced before and shouldn't be selectively enforced because muh star power.

I think the fact that he came on the court to basically start **** with Gobert, which led to a Gobert technical, should reinforce the argument for suspension. Next game could be explosive if his antics aren't discouraged.

Not sure if you could see this on TV or not, but Ingles had been dogging PG for several possessions, and during dead balls, before the technical. Yes, PG should've yielded the ball, should've perhaps been a delay of game warning. But Ingles earned that particular T, I think, and then used it to rile up the crowd.

But yeah, some questionable officiating. Even Tony Jones, who rarely comments on officiating, said something terrible was going on.

Not sure why people are thinking Ingles deserved a T for trash talking and getting PG's dish. If trash talking was deserving of T's Michael Jordan would have lead the league in T's every year.