What's new

Israel-Hamas War

Those hostages are probably lucky. I saw a dude talking about how he was happy that his child was killed because being kept alive would have just ended in a worse death for his child.

A grief-stricken father said he was relieved that his eight-year-old daughter had been killed in a Hamas attack because the alternative would have been "worse than death."

They just said we found Emily, and she's dead." He said he punched the air, "I went 'yes!' I went 'yes!' and smiled," the father said while fighting back tears. "Because that is the best news of the possibilities that I knew."

"She was either dead or in Gaza. And if you know anything about what they do to people in Gaza, that is worse than death."

Hand said she would have been terrified every minute if she'd been held captive in Gaza and could have been imprisoned in the enclave for years.

"So death was a blessing. An absolute blessing," he said.

Emily was killed by Hamas fighters who stormed Be'eri Kibbutz and massacred over 100 Israeli civilians in a terrorist attack.

Her father, who is originally from Ireland, said the child had been at a sleepover with friends the night before the attack.
That father gets to feel however he wants in response to an absolutely horrid situation but I disagree with him. He would rather his daughter be dead than to have to think about what possible situation she might be in, but I'm guessing his daughter would prefer to be a live. I would personally preferred to be taken hostage, raped, tortured and possibly come out the other side than to simply be killed.

That father gets to feel however he wants in response to an absolutely horrid situation but I disagree with him. He would rather his daughter be dead than to have to think about what possible situation she might be in, but I'm guessing his daughter would prefer to be a live. I would personally preferred to be taken hostage, raped, tortured and possibly come out the other side than to simply be killed.
You are assuming coming out the other side. Me, i would rather be dead quick that raped, tortured and then be dead.

Wow, not me. There are worse things than death.

You are assuming coming out the other side. Me, i would rather be dead quick that raped, tortured and then be dead.
No, I'd go through that for the possibility of coming out the other side. I mean in the moment of something horrible (torture, etc.) I might not care if I died or I might even want to die in that moment, but once it was over I'd be happy I was still alive.

I've always felt strongly about wanting to live as long as possible no matter what as long as my brain is functional.

No, I'd go through that for the possibility of coming out the other side. I mean in the moment of something horrible (torture, etc.) I might not care if I died or I might even want to die in that moment, but once it was over I'd be happy I was still alive.

I've always felt strongly about wanting to live as long as possible no matter what as long as my brain is functional.
Again. Using words like possibility. And phrases like "coming out the other side" This father lives there. He knows his daughter wouldn't come out the other side. He knows there would be no possibility. Thats the difference.

Again. Using words like possibility. And phrases like "coming out the other side" This father lives there. He knows his daughter wouldn't come out the other side. He knows there would be no possibility. Thats the difference.
He doesn't know that.

EDIT
And I'm not saying he is bad or wrong for feeling the way he does. I just don't know if that's how his daughter would feel and it isn't the way I would feel.

He doesn't know that.

EDIT
And I'm not saying he is bad or wrong for feeling the way he does. I just don't know if that's how his daughter would feel and it isn't the way I would feel.
He does though. If you have enough evidence you can know something before it happens. I know that if I jump out of an airplane with no parachute I will die. This is samesies.

He does though. If you have enough evidence you can know something before it happens. I know that if I jump out of an airplane with no parachute I will die. This is samesies.
Is Hamas famous for never letting a hostage go or something? If there is no possibility of release then they aren't hostages, they are captives condemned to death.

Ways for a hostage to be released:

Hostage taker releases them

Rescue mission frees them

Hostage escapes

Chaos causes hostage taker to lose them

Just for a small example. The father does not know that the child would be killed.

Is Hamas famous for never letting a hostage go or something? If there is no possibility of release then they aren't hostages, they are captives condemned to death.

Hostage escapes

Just for a small example. The father does not know that the child would be killed.

The father lives there. He has the evidence.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Hostage escapes

Maybe not never, but they are famous for asking for what some might call unreasonably high prices and are certainly not above killing hostages.

Back in '11 there was a famous 1027 (many big names ones) for 1 prisoner swap (after 5 years of captivity). He was the first captured IDF soldier released by Hamas in several decades.

As bargaining chips for a possible endgame I would assume that it would be in Hamas interest to keep them in the best condition possible. But then again these Hamas terrorists are some real dumb-*** nail draggers when it comes to diplomacy and playing to public sentiment. It’s a crapshoot.

Praying for a miracle and a speedy recovery.

Last edited:

Says someone who has never been raped and tortured and held hostage