What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Special Guest Andy Larsen

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Hello everyone! Episode’s 3 and 4 of the Jackpotting Around podcast are live!

@Handlogten's Heros and I were joined by a special guest Andy Larsen @andylarsen!

It was broken up into two parts and the links are below:

Part 1

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/58oYxI2zmaDH3GmgyGduBU?si=QPaHnlfBRBmekeMHEXvp_Q

Part 2

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1aXo5kZxFcidonKe0VPvQ8?si=QNfRPADfSqKHRTwBRyLxRQ

There is some amazing intel in here including Dejounte Murray and Mikal Bridges trade talk plus some JazzFanz references in Part 2 that you do not want to miss!

Wow. Right out of the gate and you are making it happen. Next comes some players and ex-players! Imagine if you interviewed any of our late-90s roster. I bet there would be a lot of cool stories.

Ten minutes in. Did HH get fired?
I had the worst travel day ever. Plane got to Sac and said “nope can’t land too windy”. So we went to Fresno for an hour and half then back up to sac.

Im in part 2 and end of 1.

Props to @Elizah Huge and @andylarsen . Andy super kind and generous. Elizah reached out and made it happen.

Bear with me on my travel and catching up mid pod.

What a crappy game. Here are some more episode suggestions:

Special guest Carlos BoozerC discussing his new book “What if I told you that you can grow a full head of hair in 10 minutes?”

JazzFanz Dark Web: Exploring the freaks that only post in the general discussion forums.

Special guest Saint Cy of JFC discussing his upcoming autobiography “My Life On the Short Bus: Living Your Best Contrarian Life with a Made Up Girlfriend.”

Special guest Luther Wright discussing his pamphlet “A Black Man’s Guide to the Worst Rest Stop in Utah."

Special guest MelotheJazzkiller offers pro tips on selecting the cheapest TV.

What a crappy game. Here are some more episode suggestions:

Special guest Carlos BoozerC discussing his new book “What if I told you that you can grow a full head of hair in 10 minutes?”

JazzFanz Dark Web: Exploring the freaks that only post in the general discussion forums.

Special guest Saint Cy of JFC discussing his upcoming autobiography “My Life On the Short Bus: Living Your Best Contrarian Life with a Made Up Girlfriend.”

Special guest Luther Wright discussing his pamphlet “A Black Man’s Guide to the Worst Rest Stop in Utah."

Special guest MelotheJazzkiller offers pro tips on selecting the cheapest TV.
Lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

So was there any interesting nuggets? Haven't had a chance to listen yet.
I mentioned it briefly in the game thread but it sounds like maybe the Jazz FO aren’t as high on Sexton as us fans are.

Andy was asked hypothetically about getting a text about us making a big trade. We asked who the biggest name in the deal was and he said Dejounte.

I think Olynyk is as good as gone with a good chance that Clarkson is traded as well.

Tons of other great things this is just a little sample…

I listened and enjoyed the ones. Andy Larsen was great!

He said basically what I felt towards Sexton. He's hard to build around since he isn't great at running the offense that makes him a 2 guard. Then you are pretty weak in the playoffs with him starting. I think he would be a great 6th man if we trade away Clarkson. His high energy, change of pace, and scoring mentally are great there. The question is will be accept it.

I liked these episodes a lot. This time I'm biting into some of the topics:
  • Andy mentioned that Ochai should turn into a 35-36% career shooter. Considering the type of looks he shoots from and the fact that he doesnt generate advantages for himself or others really that cannot be an acceptable bar for him. That is unless he becomes a major differencemaker on defense.
  • I'm sort of surprised that he sees markets for Clarkson being that dry. I'm not deep into other teams rosters and needs, but Clarkson as a pure ceiling raiser should be more sought after. I mean our problem with him is that he has to be a floor and ceiling guy for us, because we dont often have 2 better guards to put out there.
For the episode itself, you did a good job despite the advert circumstances. @Handlogten's Heros doubled on some of the topics that @Elizah Huge and @andylarsen had already covered, but its kinda hard to know what was already discussed if you didnt set a formal agenda to run through.

I'm not necessarily pro fixed agenda, since I like free flowing conversation. But in situations like these it bites back a bit.