What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Special Guest Andy Larsen

Just want to state that I was at the game where he blew out an ACL and still took a lob from downcourt to make a layup. I should've kept that ticket stub and had him sign it.
If I remember correctly he got a double double and led both teams in boards with a torn ACL. Legend.

Didn't really feel like Andy said anything that we didn't already know it heard elsewhere

Also HH really likes to lather his guest up dear god.

Didn't really feel like Andy said anything that we didn't already know it heard elsewhere

1707149290295.gif

Bruh wait until you are on… a wise man once told me no one likes an *** kisser… except the guy whose *** is being kissed. Shrug

Also this experience is helping me understand our little dumbass community here is pretty damn smart… sometimes.

We are working on video eventually but the thing that kind of didn’t come through (maybe) is the kind of stuckness that we are in. You could see Andy kinda like “yeah there aren’t a lot of good answers”.

Also, I just like Andy. Enjoy his coverage and the personality he give it. He also will ask the hard questions and write the things that likely get him criticized by players, coaches, etc. Its also rare to have someone who is a fan of the team cover the team... so he brings our perspective.

Nice genuine guy who was cool to talk with.

We are talking about Andy Larsen, GOAT of the beat writers, coming on a Pod that has been around for a week, created by two random fans. I don't feel like he was lathered up enough.
This. Cy just being cy

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

You probably peaked too early with getting Andy on for your 3rd episode. Probably all down hill from here.
I think he will join again if we ask during key times. Hopefully better calendar circumstances on my end and we will have more reps and be better at this.

I think he will join again if we ask during key times. Hopefully better calendar circumstances on my end and we will have more reps and be better at this.

You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to, but just curious what he gets out of it? Are you paying him? Is he just being nice?

I don't think either of you have a personal connection with him, do you?

You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to, but just curious what he gets out of it? Are you paying him? Is he just being nice?

Andy has occasionally contributed here over the years. Growing up as a fan, I'd also assume he has had some previous awareness of this forum before the advent of Twitter and Reddit and wherever other people are commenting. He's mentioned HH and Jingled both on Twitter before and referenced reading threads here.

I'm going to send him a gift card to say thank you... but he just did it cuz he's a nice dude. He's just the people's champ.

Really enjoyed the episode. You guys are definitely more that just casual fans. I hope it continues to grow in popularity and you have great success with it.
Thank you. Look - if all we ever did with this pod was make Andy ask Will Hardy about being called Hard Willy on Jazzfanz then I think we can already say its a wild success and we did a great public service.