What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Special Guest Andy Larsen

Thank you. Look - if all we ever did with this pod was make Andy ask Will Hardy about being called Hard Willy on Jazzfanz then I think we can already say its a wild success and we did a great public service.
Spoiler Alert!

I'm going to be listening to these at around 2 today

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I thought it was interesting when HH asked about a text from Tony Jones and Andy got a little annoyed saying it wouldn't be from Tony Jones because they both have the same connections. I wonder if he could elaborate on the whole leaking information world of pro sports. How and why teams leak information, why certain journalists are breaking news, etc.?

I thought it was interesting when HH asked about a text from Tony Jones and Andy got a little annoyed saying it wouldn't be from Tony Jones because they both have the same connections. I wonder if he could elaborate on the whole leaking information world of pro sports. How and why teams leak information, why certain journalists are breaking news, etc.?
I would pay a subscription price to hear more of the actual process and how the sausage is made on reporting.

Yeah and that one came out wrong on my end. I was thinking more of a friend group chat situation and not that Tony is better sourced. Like a buddy of yours texting type of thing.

But yeah I think if we had more time that would be a good summer convo.

Nice work guys. I just listened to all the episodes while remodeling one of my rentals today and really enjoyed it. I will definitely be a regular listener.
Thank you so much. Any feedback you’d like to share good or bad?

This is a serious comment: this offseason you better make some serious efforts to get Rony Seikaly on the pod. Let him give his side. Also, this would actually become a landmark pod that would get referenced over time, even by big names, even if they don’t reference you or the pod by name. This is a very unexplored thing since the internet as it currently is with podcasts and social media was not around when this went down and all we’re left with is some he-said she-said.

This is a serious comment: this offseason you better make some serious efforts to get Rony Seikaly on the pod. Let him give his side. Also, this would actually become a landmark pod that would get referenced over time, even by big names, even if they don’t reference you or the pod by name. This is a very unexplored thing since the internet as it currently is with podcasts and social media was not around when this went down and all we’re left with is some he-said she-said.
Lol... who do you think we are? I wouldn't even know where to start on that one.

Thank you so much. Any feedback you’d like to share good or bad?
It was solid. There were a few things that I disagree with Andy on but that's to be expected. For a future episode I think it would be pretty cool if you could interview a current or former jazz scout to get a better idea of the entire draft process. Who knows if its possible to track one of those guys down though.

Last edited:
Thoughts on potential people to interview and questions. I realize these are folks unlikely to be available, but even just one of them would be fascinating.
1. Bryon Russell, the push off.
2. Darrell Griffith, what it was like playing with Stockton and Malone
3. Frank Layden, Dominique Wilkens trade
4. Any Jazz Cheerleader...
5. Question folks on realistic possibilities to compete or are we mostly just Washington Generals
6. Deron Williams still has Utah connections. He would be great.
7. Ostertag, insights into Jerry Sloan

I sent him an email and his agent an email directly. Let’s see what happens.

Thoughts on potential people to interview and questions. I realize these are folks unlikely to be available, but even just one of them would be fascinating.
1. Bryon Russell, the push off.
2. Darrell Griffith, what it was like playing with Stockton and Malone
3. Frank Layden, Dominique Wilkens trade
4. Any Jazz Cheerleader...
5. Question folks on realistic possibilities to compete or are we mostly just Washington Generals
6. Deron Williams still has Utah connections. He would be great.
7. Ostertag, insights into Jerry Sloan

Dammit David, what happened to you? Are you being held against your will? Reply " He can throw the ball into the goal from behind the painted line that indicates an extra point shall be awarded" if so.