What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Special Guest Andy Larsen

HH: I don’t even know how to do this.

EH: I just did it.
He’s the man. He set that whole thing up. I just ask the guests about funny inappropriate nicknames okay.

If he gets Rony he should be in the talent booking business.

Dammit David, what happened to you? Are you being held against your will? Reply " He can throw the ball into the goal from behind the painted line that indicates an extra point shall be awarded" if so.
Sir Peter,

As a presumed superhero, you must understand the limits to our powers. I, David Hume, empiricist philosopher par excellence, must acknowledge the raw genius of Newton, Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant, and our colleague podcasters in their respective arenas of competence. Lo, our colleague podcasters deserves moderation in response, no matter how many Heinekens I have consumed today.

Sir Peter,

As a presumed superhero, you must understand the limits to our powers. I, David Hume, empiricist philosopher par excellence, must acknowledge the raw genius of Newton, Michael Jordan, and Kobe Bryant, and our colleague podcasters in their respective arenas of competence. Lo, our colleague podcasters deserves moderation in response, no matter how many Heinekens I have consumed today.

Phew! What a relief that you're okay. Never change sir David.

The “where are they now” series:

Jose Ortiz
Issac Austin
Talen Horton Tucker
Carey Scurry
Eric Leckner
Allen Bristow
Walter Bond
Jose Ortiz…he was a big druggie here in Puerto Rico. Let me talk to some friends and I can get a pretty good overview.

Hello everyone! Episode’s 3 and 4 of the Jackpotting Around podcast are live!

@Handlogten's Heros and I were joined by a special guest Andy Larsen @andylarsen!

It was broken up into two parts and the links are below:

Part 1

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/58oYxI2zmaDH3GmgyGduBU?si=QPaHnlfBRBmekeMHEXvp_Q

Part 2

View: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1aXo5kZxFcidonKe0VPvQ8?si=QNfRPADfSqKHRTwBRyLxRQ

There is some amazing intel in here including Dejounte Murray and Mikal Bridges trade talk plus some JazzFanz references in Part 2 that you do not want to miss!

Well done! Great questions to Andy. Looking forward to hearing more episodes.

Just listening now, I think the Jazz will try to convey their pick to OKC this year, understanding that this is a weak draft and it wouldn't take much to trade back into the draft.

For example, would the Knicks give the Jazz the Mavs pick as part of a Clarkson deal?

Probably a couple weeks. We have a couple planned out the next 10 days. I’d guess draft will be up then. I honestly kind of want to see how we play the next few games. I’m like 50/50 on whether the pick will convey.
The good news is that we should have a really good idea of if the pick will likely convey after the next 10 games. If we can somehow lose these next 3 at home then we would be sitting in a pretty good spot with the warriors jumping ahead of us. I was hoping the rockets would get hot but they have a tough 9 games ahead of them which may take them out of the picture. That means we really need the bulls and hawks to finish stronger than us which I think is likely. Both teams are veteran laden and really want to make the playoffs so I don't see them taking it easy.

Houston kind of flailing and not making a move to clearly get better will make conveying the pick a toss up.

Luckily some teams in front of Utah, like Toronto and Brooklyn, have no incentive to lose. (Well Toronto does, but picking up Kelly Olynyk doesnt really signal they are that serious about it)

Houston kind of flailing and not making a move to clearly get better will make conveying the pick a toss up.

Luckily some teams in front of Utah, like Toronto and Brooklyn, have no incentive to lose. (Well Toronto does, but picking up Kelly Olynyk doesnt really signal they are that serious about it)
Unless Lauri and or Kessler go down we won't catch Brooklyn. Toronto will try not to convey their pick I think... IDK might be a tall order. I'm in the 50/50 camp. The teams to watch Atlanta, Chicago, Houston. GS will play better down the stretch. Atlanta and Chicago have looked okay. Gotta get to the #9 spot if we don't want the pick to convey. I can see a scenario where we get the 10th slot and the 13% chance we get jumped actually happens. Would be a disaster.

Unless Lauri and or Kessler go down we won't catch Brooklyn. Toronto will try not to convey their pick I think... IDK might be a tall order. I'm in the 50/50 camp. The teams to watch Atlanta, Chicago, Houston. GS will play better down the stretch. Atlanta and Chicago have looked okay. Gotta get to the #9 spot if we don't want the pick to convey. I can see a scenario where we get the 10th slot and the 13% chance we get jumped actually happens. Would be a disaster.
theres also a chance Atlanta or Chicago beat Orlando or Miami in the play in and that would help too.