What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

I like this deal for Chicago. Their FO has really done a great job building a promising front court.

If Jabari absolutely blows up in Chicago, we can add him to the list of targets in 2020.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Unpopular opinion alert.

I would rather pick up Jahlil Okafor and see what he can do and see what our staff can do with him than have Bradley get those minutes this year. Let Bradley have another full year in the D-league. Bring in Okafor and give him a chance and develop him. We have Udoh this year in case he cant do anything. But I think he can still be a good player, he is a pretty skilled big man. Yes his defense sucks but I think the staff can help him be serviceable on defense and he can really score on offense. Something our bench and team could use from a big man spot.

I would sign him for the min with a team option for the next year. Its a low risk with a decent reward move. Worst case he plays for the Stars all year.

Unpopular opinion alert.

I would rather pick up Jahlil Okafor and see what he can do and see what our staff can do with him than have Bradley get those minutes this year. Let Bradley have another full year in the D-league. Bring in Okafor and give him a chance and develop him. We have Udoh this year in case he cant do anything. But I think he can still be a good player, he is a pretty skilled big man. Yes his defense sucks but I think the staff can help him be serviceable on defense and he can really score on offense. Something our bench and team could use from a big man spot.

I would sign him for the min with a team option for the next year. Its a low risk with a decent reward move. Worst case he plays for the Stars all year.
So you're advocating that we cut Royce? I think he's the only one of the 15 without a guaranteed contract.

(Keeping Bradley in the G-League doesn't open up a roster spot).

So you're advocating that we cut Royce? I think he's the only one of the 15 without a guaranteed contract.

(Keeping Bradley in the G-League doesn't open up a roster spot).
No, not at the cost of Royce. So if that was the only option I would say no.

But I would at the cost of others. Such as trading away Burks. Or I am not sure how guaranteed Stockton and Lyles are because I would give up them for him. I would also give up Neto, since I dont think we really need him either. We have plenty of players who can be the 3rd PG. I also dont know enough about Niang to know if he is worth it or not. I didnt watch much summer league this year, it was far too boring for me. But what I saw last year was meh and he 25 so there isnt a lot of upside in him. But I also didnt expect that much out of Royce and he did great this year.

I would also just give up Bradley for him.

Unpopular opinion alert.

I’m not taking minutes away for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okafor sucks... roster is full of players that don’t suck.
In his games with Brooklyn he posted a 15.8 PER, which would be 5th best in comparison to all the Jazz players last year. The only players that did better are Gobert, Favors, Mitchell, and Exum.

His offensive rating according to bbalref was 108, which would be 7th best in comparison to all the Jazz players last year.

His TS% would be 3rd best. Only Ingles and Gobert did better.

His defensive rebounding % is better than any of our bigs except Gobert

I dont think he is great but I think he can outperform Bradley and others on our team and provide something no one on our roster does. Low post offense. I think our staff could do something pretty solid with him. He could be big Al coming off the bench in his youthful days. He can score pretty well, he has good footwork, body control, and handles for a guy his size. He also has soft touch on the ball, and his shot isnt too bad.

He has the length, size and footwork to be decent on defense. He just needs to put in the effort and buy in. Maybe he has grown up and is ready to work now that his career is in doubt.

He has more upside and potential than Bradley or Niang in my opinion. But he also might have a lower floor.

In his games with Brooklyn he posted a 15.8 PER, which would be 5th best in comparison to all the Jazz players last year. The only players that did better are Gobert, Favors, Mitchell, and Exum.

His offensive rating according to bbalref was 108, which would be 7th best in comparison to all the Jazz players last year.

His TS% would be 3rd best. Only Ingles and Gobert did better.

His defensive rebounding % is better than any of our bigs except Gobert

I dont think he is great but I think he can outperform Bradley and others on our team and provide something no one on our roster does. Low post offense. I think our staff could do something pretty solid with him. He could be big Al coming off the bench in his youthful days. He can score pretty well, he has good footwork, body control, and handles for a guy his size. He also has soft touch on the ball, and his shot isnt too bad.

He has the length, size and footwork to be decent on defense. He just needs to put in the effort and buy in. Maybe he has grown up and is ready to work now that his career is in doubt.

He has more upside and potential than Bradley or Niang in my opinion. But he also might have a lower floor.

2017-18 he ranked 75th out of 81 centers in RPM.
2016-17 he ranked 69th out of 69 centers in RPM.
2015-16 he ranked 57th out of 57 centers in RPM.

I don't really care what he is doing out there... what he is doing is not working. Any potential upside he has is purely theoretical. He's an awful defender at the most important defensive position.