What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

If I was Toronto and I knew SA like DeRozan, I would be trying to send Kawhi to a 3rd team. If Toronto could get Covington, Saric and that Miami 2021 pick, I would do it. DeRozan is overpaid and Kawhi wont stay long term.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I dont think they'll get that much at the deadline but I agree that this should be their approach.

Toronto can't trade DeRozan for picks because it would piss off the fan base.

Interesting play for sure. Maybe Toronto tries to cash in at the deadline.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Looks like Smart is going to get an Exum type of deal in terms of money per year. Thoughts?

this is interesting to watch. If they do sign Smart there will be a follow up deal... at least to offload Yabusele. This deal would put them just barely in the tax, which will put them in tax hell to keep the core of this team together over the next 3 years. They are fiscally more comparable to the Jazz than they are the Lakers. They don't own their arena and don't make as much as the typical big market teams... so paying 90M in tax in two years is likely a no go.

There could also be a Marcus Morris or Terry Rozier trade if they wrap up Smart... or it might foreshadow Kyrie leaving. They can defer the decision, but will have to choose 2 of those 3 eventually. Turning Rozier into an asset now might make sense, but not if they think Kyrie has a real chance at leaving. He will get maxed by someone.

I don’t have a link but it sounds like OKC and Atl. are are talking about doing a Melo for Schroeder trade. Melo would be bought out making him free to sign with whoever and Schroeder would be relegated to backup Westbrook. Lol

I don’t have a link but it sounds like OKC and Atl. are are talking about doing a Melo for Schroeder trade. Melo would be bought out making him free to sign with whoever and Schroeder would be relegated to backup Westbrook. Lol

I could see that... Schroeder is a decent player... as a backup would have some value. Saves them some serious tax dollars this year.

To anyone who wanted the Jazz to sign Jabari... It would have been a colossal waste of time and money.

Just saw that and was going to post it. I imagine him doing the Iverson "practice" quote with "defense". "We talking about defense?"

Jabari has no self-awareness... maybe he is Melo 2.0... I always thought he might be a passing, team-friendly version of Melo. Turns out he's just Melo with no knees.

Just saw that and was going to post it. I imagine him doing the Iverson "practice" quote with "defense". "We talking about defense?"

Jabari has no self-awareness... maybe he is Melo 2.0... I always thought he might be a passing, team-friendly version of Melo. Turns out he's just Melo with no knees.

He's basically already this year's Melo.

Seeing that one of Parker’s weaknesses is health, he won’t be working to improve his body. Good on you Parker, you tub of lard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another bullet dodged:

There is a reason why a player with intangibles similar to Rudy's in Giannis was never impressed by Jabari and didn't want him back. It's the same reason Rudy would have hated playing with him. How I know? The same way we know he hated playing with Kanter.