What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

In his games with Brooklyn he posted a 15.8 PER, which would be 5th best in comparison to all the Jazz players last year. The only players that did better are Gobert, Favors, Mitchell, and Exum.

His offensive rating according to bbalref was 108, which would be 7th best in comparison to all the Jazz players last year.

His TS% would be 3rd best. Only Ingles and Gobert did better.

His defensive rebounding % is better than any of our bigs except Gobert

I dont think he is great but I think he can outperform Bradley and others on our team and provide something no one on our roster does. Low post offense. I think our staff could do something pretty solid with him. He could be big Al coming off the bench in his youthful days. He can score pretty well, he has good footwork, body control, and handles for a guy his size. He also has soft touch on the ball, and his shot isnt too bad.

He has the length, size and footwork to be decent on defense. He just needs to put in the effort and buy in. Maybe he has grown up and is ready to work now that his career is in doubt.

He has more upside and potential than Bradley or Niang in my opinion. But he also might have a lower floor.

All he knows how to do well is post up, that’s not what the jazz want to do, he’s not a fit. He’s not starting over Favors or Gobert. I’d rather Favors play all the backup 5 minutes than JO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even coming off the bench he still plays terrible defense and rebounds like ****, and stall the offense like Al used to, and we all couldn’t wait till he was off the team. He doesn’t have jazz DNA.

All he knows how to do well is post up, that’s not what the jazz want to do, he’s not a fit. He’s not starting over Favors or Gobert. I’d rather Favors play all the backup 5 minutes than JO.

Stop being an idiot all the time. Duh, of course he isnt starting. I never suggested that. I also never suggest he get the backup minutes over Favors. Those positions are pretty set. I suggested he get the minutes Bradley would get this year and see if we cant develop him. If not we let him go next year and no harm done. Its a very low risk for a player that could still turn out good.

Even coming off the bench he still plays terrible defense and rebounds like ****, and stall the offense like Al used to, and we all couldn’t wait till he was off the team. He doesn’t have jazz DNA.

Big Al off the bench at age 22 sounds great.

He has a higher career assist % than Favors or Gobert, he also rebounds fine in his minutes. His contested rebound %s and per 36 rebounds are average.

Stop being an idiot all the time. Duh, of course he isnt starting. I never suggested that. I also never suggest he get the backup minutes over Favors. Those positions are pretty set. I suggested he get the minutes Bradley would get this year and see if we cant develop him. If not we let him go next year and no harm done. Its a very low risk for a player that could still turn out good.
Don’t be an idiot, he’d never agree to that.

He has a higher career assist % than Favors or Gobert, he also rebounds fine in his minutes. His contested rebound %s and per 36 rebounds are average.

Numbers don’t tell the whole story. The fact that your numbers favor him over favors using # is a lazy way to prove a point in my estimation just stop

This Kings trade of Temple for McLemore, Deyonta Davis, cash and a 2021 2nd rd pick clears another mil for them off the books. up to about 21mm.

Looks like a precursor to another move. Perhaps they offer on Capela or Hood.

You really think they offer Capela?

Houston will match but I'd do it if I were them. The Kings don't have a very competitive team but they have a ton of flexibility.

their like 9mil under the salary floor as it stands right now. plus they have 45mil coming off the books next summer too.

Houston will match but I'd do it if I were them. The Kings don't have a very competitive team but they have a ton of flexibility.

their like 9mil under the salary floor as it stands right now. plus they have 45mil coming off the books next summer too.

Well duh the on the money aspect... but fitting him with Bagley would be tricky.

This Kings trade of Temple for McLemore, Deyonta Davis, cash and a 2021 2nd rd pick clears another mil for them off the books. up to about 21mm.

Looks like a precursor to another move. Perhaps they offer on Capela or Hood.

Pretty sure it’s is more just them getting a pick and banking some cash... the 1.5M they get can cover Davis salary and then they waive him... extra money won’t make a difference on either of those guys. They may be getting a guy like Anderson from the rockets.

I just think reading into anything the kinds do is like asking your three year old why she threw the iPad in the toilet... whatever the answer is won’t have logic behind it.

See, this is how you know that being a numbers guy is the wrong way of evaluating talent. Its so easy to get things wrong with it.

As soon as you started typing that out you should have been embarrassed enough to never post it.

The simplest and most accurate way of evaluating talent is just watching the player and the game. When a guy helps you win you just know it when you see it(if you are smart). Al Jefferson did not help you win. Rudy Gobert does. So whatever stat you throw out that points to Al being better is just trash. Because in the overall picture its the sum of everything they do and how they do it that counts. Stats and numbers mean jack ****. Its about winning.

I never was a fan of Big Al. He had some skill and could score, but I always wanted something else. I knew he was never going to take us anywhere except a little further away from the #1 pick in the draft. We should have traded him at the height of his value.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...trade-to-raptors-close-demar-derozan-included

So Leonard will be in Toronto this season, hilarious. Best part of the article is that it’s being reported that neither player is happy about the trade.

Yeah. DeRozen I understand as he was told while visiting at Summer League he wasn't going to be dealt. He loves Toronto as well, so I kind of feel for the guy. But San Antonio, depending on the package, might have reloaded without missing a beat.

Kawhi can just suck it up. I was trying to be open to the guy having a legitimate injury, which he still might, but he tried to hardball the Spurs and got kicked in the jewels for his trouble.

If I was Toronto and I knew SA like DeRozan, I would be trying to send Kawhi to a 3rd team. If Toronto could get Covington, Saric and that Miami 2021 pick, I would do it. DeRozan is overpaid and Kawhi wont stay long term.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Toronto's gambling they can convince Kawhi to stay, like PG in OKC. The Raps weren't going to get it done with the roster as is, or so they felt; so they're going to try going all-in. Worst case scenario, they will dump DDR's contract.

I think its more about getting off DeRozans money, dealing Kawhi at the deadline and reloading.

Im sure they could get 2 1sts at the deadline... maybe Hayward and a 1st if we're lucky.