What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

Another bullet dodged:

There is a reason why a player with intangibles similar to Rudy's in Giannis was never impressed by Jabari and didn't want him back. It's the same reason Rudy would have hated playing with him. How I know? The same way we know he hated playing with Kanter.

Jabari is a ****ing idiot!

Jabari is Melo 2.0 although less talented and will never see the post season.

Dia5H23VAAASOtl.jpg
Dia5KPxU0AEfLaw.jpg
Dia5MuGU0AA_uI_.jpg
Dia5Os2VQAER_A5.jpg

Another bullet dodged:

There is a reason why a player with intangibles similar to Rudy's in Giannis was never impressed by Jabari and didn't want him back. It's the same reason Rudy would have hated playing with him. How I know? The same way we know he hated playing with Kanter.

Wow. Very glad we passed. You can teach all kinds of things, players can develop skills, but attitude can't really be taught and can be a boon or a cancer, and usually follows guys around. I hope we stay far far away.

Just say NO to Parker!

Wow. Very glad we passed. You can teach all kinds of things, players can develop skills, but attitude can't really be taught and can be a boon or a cancer, and usually follows guys around. I hope we stay far far away.

Just say NO to Parker!

Agreed 100%. I had no problem with doing an MLE for him because the scoring punch would be welcome (no way I'd do Jabari over Favors ever). I also thought he'd be willing to learn some defense. But I'm going to eat some crow there.

crow.jpg

I had a dream we signed two players last night... both defensive wings... terms weren’t disclosed... neither were the exact players... anyway, stay ready we apparently aren’t done.

Yogi Ferrell just got a bigger contract than IT.

I wonder if all 4 RFAs left will just play for the QO. We have Hood, Harrell, McCaw and Capela.

I dont see Hood getting a decent offer and I dont see him taking a long term deal with Cleveland since it will be too low. He will play for his QO.

I dont know what will happen with Capela but its clear that Houston isnt going to give him a big contract unless its matching another deal. I think he is upset with Houston and will just play for his QO or take a 1 + 1 deal that has a player option.

Melo out of OKC... for Schroeder... solid deal I think. At very least addition by subtraction.

Muscala is a solid pickup for OKC as well. He will get some time at PF there and can stretch the floor, which they really need since they have poor 3 point shooting PG and a non shooting SG.

Schroeder as lead guard - bad. Schroeder off the bench - good. OKC got better and dodged paying dead money later by having to stretch him
IAWTP

He may not buy into the backup role, but may prefer that to losing in NBA obscurity. RW has a strong enough Alpha personality that Dennis may chill.

Muscala is a solid pickup for OKC as well. He will get some time at PF there and can stretch the floor, which they really need since they have poor 3 point shooting PG and a non shooting SG.

He's going to Philly... OKC gets TLC... Atlanta gets Justin Anderson.

Philly needed to offload a couple players... they have a roster crunch.

Schroeder as lead guard - bad. Schroeder off the bench - good. OKC got better and dodged paying dead money later by having to stretch him
Dang. This is bad news for the Jazz. A poorly-run Eastern Conference team just made a Jazz competitor stronger. Fricking Hawks.

Dang. This is bad news for the Jazz. A poorly-run Eastern Conference team just made a Jazz competitor stronger. Fricking Hawks.

But if Melo goes to Houston its a net nothing for us... Houston gets worse OKC gets better.

OKC got TLC and Schroeder for a protected first rounder? **** man.