What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

I liked TLC in the draft, but I don't think he's good. Still a good deal for OKC... can waive and stretch Singler and save another 12Mish. They were never going to write a $100M LT check.

Hard to argue against that. Presti had some blackmail material.

Nah... people didn't want Shroeder... he isn't a good locker room guy, has some flaws and is overpaid. He also has an assault charge out there. This helps Atlanta clear the deck and not taint their young guys.

What an incredible trade for both OKC and Atlanta. Wow. Rarely do you see a trade that works out so well for both teams.

OKC gets to save a bunch of money (luxury tax $) while adding two useful players. Due to the contracts of Adams, George and Westbrook, they wouldn't have had the chance to add a player of Schroder's ability/potential any time soon. And he is signed for a while.

Atlanta gets to shed a malcontent, shed future salary and pick up a 1st rounder. Their rebuild is exactly where they want it to be now. They could be a dumping ground again next summer while continuing to add assets like Trae Young, Collins, Prince, etc.

The West is getting freaking ridiculous.

What an incredible trade for the Jazz. Schröder is a malcontent who will not be happy with backup minutes, and if he starts over Roberson, he will make their offense even more disjointed than it has been. On the other hand, Melo goes to the Rockets and they will probably play him 25+ minutes a game. Again, one of our rivals screws up their offense.

This is amazing.

What an incredible trade for the Jazz. Schröder is a malcontent who will not be happy with backup minutes, and if he starts over Roberson, he will make their offense even more disjointed than it has been. On the other hand, Melo goes to the Rockets and they will probably play him 25+ minutes a game. Again, one of our rivals screws up their offense.

This is amazing.

If Schlonger chills, that's a fantastic deal for OKC. It's a risk, but at the very least, they've upgraded that front court with Melo gone. It's becoming an arms race now. In Lindsey We Trust, but this is getting ridiculous.

Some stats.

Schröder is terrible defensively, with both his DTR and DPBM being very under league average. His offense is okay, but his usage rate was 30.4% last year.

To put that into perspective, Donovan was at 29.1 and Ricky was a 22.9. Joe Ingles was at an obscene 15.9. That gives you an idea of what a really good off-ball player looks like or a PG who primarily creates for others. To give you an even better idea, Westbrook was at 34.1 last year, after 41.7 the season before. PG was second with 25.7.

I have no idea how the Thunder plan to make Schröder work, unless they somehow convince him to come off the bench and just take every shot he can while the starters are out. He shot 29% from the three last year. I don't know if he can do much off the ball and he already play no defense. I really think this a great boon for the Jazz. I have a weird feeling we'll be playing these guys in the first round again. 3 vs 6, with home court.

This is amazing.

Luwawa is a good defender. Luckily, he's also a chucker. I can see OKC trading DS to a team who needs him mid-season for good value. I think OKC did well in the trade if this happens. Losing Crymelo is a blessing and sure - DS might cause issues but he still has trade value as his contract isn't awful for a PG who can score 20 a game.

Some stats.

Schröder is terrible defensively, with both his DTR and DPBM being very under league average. His offense is okay, but his usage rate was 30.4% last year.

To put that into perspective, Donovan was at 29.1 and Ricky was a 22.9. Joe Ingles was at an obscene 15.9. That gives you an idea of what a really good off-ball player looks like or a PG who primarily creates for others. To give you an even better idea, Westbrook was at 34.1 last year, after 41.7 the season before. PG was second with 25.7.

I have no idea how the Thunder plan to make Schröder work, unless they somehow convince him to come off the bench and just take every shot he can while the starters are out. He shot 29% from the three last year. I don't know if he can do much off the ball and he already play no defense. I really think this a great boon for the Jazz. I have a weird feeling we'll be playing these guys in the first round again. 3 vs 6, with home court.
This helps.

Tobias Harris is turning down a 4-year / $80M extension offer from the Clippers. He'll test free agency in 2019. Jazz like him, but he's going to be looking for a deal over $100M. His 4-year max is something like $145M.

Tobias Harris is turning down a 4-year / $80M extension offer from the Clippers. He'll test free agency in 2019. Jazz like him, but he's going to be looking for a deal over $100M. His 4-year max is something like $145M.

Utah could have the space pretty easily and re-sign Rubio I believe. If Favors doesn't work out for whatever reason, Utah is going to call him. Very quickly. One second past midnight when 2019 FA starts. It really isn't often that a player like Harris would have interest in Utah, fulfills a couple of needs, is relatively young, the team has the space, and likes him.

Yum.