What's new

Jazz Locker-room Cleanout & Exit Interviews 2016

Notes and comments of interest:

Gobert walked up to the podium under his own power, no crutches.

Gobert has not decided about playing for France during qualification but wants in on the Olympics

Burke - If I'm here, great. If I'm not, it's been great.

Exum says he is cleared, right now, for everything except contact. Can sprint, do everything else.

Dante Exum: The next game the Jazz play, I get to play.

Locke: Dante, what are your plans for the Olympics?
Joe Ingles: We don't need him, we have Patty Mills, a real point guard.

Dante: I'm definitely going to be doing more bumping next year.
Dante: Why does Joe have to be here? Can't we unplug his mic.

Joe: Hayward is the cheapest guy I know. He never buys us lunch. We always pay.
Locke: Who is the best tipper.
Joe: Not me, because I don't understand the rules. They don't pay tips in Australia.
Exum: I am a good tipper because I just give them 100% of the meal.

Raul's English has improved, still a little rough, but noticeably better.

Raul: Everytime I played in Europe I felt good. After the first game in the NBA I never felt good. In Europe they have a week to recover, in the NBA they play every other night.

Raul: The toughest to guard is R. Westbrook.

I would opt to bring Rudy Gay. Average 17.2 pts for the Kings and hated the losing atmosphere.

I know nothing about what he thinks or feels but for whatever reason, feel like he would be cool with coming off the bench too. My only concern with that is a bench of Burks, Gay and Lyles would suck defensively.

Joe: Hayward is the cheapest guy I know. He never buys us lunch. We always pay.

Joe was saying that hayward is the cheapest player in the nba. locke asked him who pays when they go out to dinner and joe said that if they tallied up all the meals and who paid for them the most often that hayward definately pays the least. lol.

Joe ingles is ****ing hilarious. He had me laughing so damn much during the very short amount i tuned in to on the way home from work. He was talking trash to lyles about choking in the ncaa tourney, talking crap about his body (lack of muscle), ripping on dante over and over again (not in a real mean way, both dante and trey lyles seem to absolutely love ingles and just laugh and laugh when he talks trash to them). Then locke said that snyder would be coming for an interview soon and joe is like "im outta here", and locke asks him if doesn't want to stick around and make jokes about snyder and joe says "i want to keep my contract next year"
lol. He has so many jokes, quickest wit i have ever heard. I could listen to him all day.

Andy Larsen: Gordon, Derrick, Rodney, Tibor, Raul, Trey Burke, and Shelvin all deserve a lot of credit for being such great and willing interviewees.

Jody Genessy: Tibor is the most personable player on the team. Hope he sticks around with the NBA team (as does he) next year.

I wonder why the Booker interview isn't on the Jazz's interview page? Was the interview you guys were referring to only with Locke?

Each player had a turn at the podium where a collective body of reporters asked him questions. Then the player would do individual interviews, many of the players were interviewed by Locke.

Bookers comments about wanting to stay but realizing he might not be back were made from the podium.

Each player had a turn at the podium where a collective body of reporters asked him questions. Then the player would do individual interviews, many of the players were interviewed by Locke.

Bookers comments about wanting to stay but realizing he might not be back were made from the podium.

Ok thanks. For some reason the Jazz chose not to have his interview available. :(

have you been living under a rock. Even Locke is talking about the defensive meltdowns in the 4th quarter. Do I have to hold your hand through everything?

i'm gonna wager that registering with lottery teams in every O-rating for the past several seasons is of more importance than "defensive meltdowns in the 4th."