What's new

Jazz @ Pistons 5:30 MT Saturday

I don't know what was more depressing. The total lack of boxing out and giving up all those offensive boards, the free throw shooting, the numerous given up 3 pointers, or whatever it is in the water that convinces coaches that playing Ronnie Price at the 2 guard spot is some sort of good idea.

too many open looks at 3's. Detroit shot 11-17. I mean like all daye wide open shots. Spoiled a rare good shooting game from Raja(6 of 9)

or whatever it is in the water that convinces coaches that playing Ronnie Price at the 2 guard spot is some sort of good idea.

or whatever it is that convinces coaches to play Ronnie at all. His Jason Hart-like slump continues.

or whatever it is that convinces coaches to play Ronnie at all. His Jason Hart-like slump continues.

I'm all for him never seeing the court unless the whole team is struggling and he can be a sparkplug. He has done that good on occassion. But in a close game? Blah.

Big Al's defense in the first half was as bad as I have ever seen a jazzman play defense; and we have had some bad defenders. He is simply inept in his ability to play pick and roll defense.

Favors really looks like her is the only one who can play pick and roll defense well. He shows hard and sprints back to his man down low. Al shows softly, and then just kind of stands there and maybe jogs behind his man who is getting a lay up.

On a positive note, the Pistons came in as the next closest team to the Nets. Pistons WIN, Nets LOSE. Now Detroit is 4 up on the Nets, with the Clippers a likely 3 1/2 (assuming a loss to Boston).
NJ has a fairly easy stretch coming up. I don't see them dropping in the standings, as Toronto and Washington have terrible teams, but I hope they climb no further in the standings. The Pistons, Clippers and Bicks are all within striking distance. I don't want a repeat of last year when a #5 pick slipped all the way down to #9 because New York got hot down the stretch and other teams just gave up.

No boxing out leading to no rebounds is what cost the Jazz this one. Too lazy of an approach, maybe taking the Pistons for granted cause of the drama. Sad thing is, offensively this game came easy to the Jazz, had they not been lazy on the boards they would've won.

They were asking millsap and Al if they were going to mentor Favors after the Pacers game.

Please dont. He should be teaching them how to rebound and run the floor.

They were asking millsap and Al if they were going to mentor Favors after the Pacers game.

Please dont. He should be teaching them how to rebound and run the floor.

Although Favors only had a couple boards tonight, I agree. Sap and Al never run the floor and there's nothing more unstoppable than a big man running the floor with a guard that can get him the ball.

allright i'm not making anymore game threads, the 2 i've done that i can remember were losses to teams we should beat

Millsap and Al can teach Favors a lot offensively.

But they should try something that Favors does exceptionally well, rebound.

Millsap and especially Al, are just pathetic in this regard. It's almost inconceivable how horrible Al Jefferson is at boxing out.

This game was lost by the entire team.

Too many missed FTs.

Our points never controlled the tempo.

SGs couldn't shoot.

And the (starting) bigs refused to rebound.

I don't know what was more depressing. The total lack of boxing out and giving up all those offensive boards, the free throw shooting, the numerous given up 3 pointers, or whatever it is in the water that convinces coaches that playing Ronnie Price at the 2 guard spot is some sort of good idea.

Exactly! How can we lose to another bottom dweller and expect to stay in the playoff race? I am so frustrated watching Al Jeff let everybody dominate him on the boards. There is no excuse for our bigs. I am becoming more excited about the trade. I say start favors and AK now and bench both bigs. That way they can watch from the side lines while someone else shows them how to do their freaking job!!!!!

Exactly! How can we lose to another bottom dweller and expect to stay in the playoff race? I am so frustrated watching Al Jeff let everybody dominate him on the boards. There is no excuse for our bigs. I am becoming more excited about the trade. I say start favors and AK now and bench both bigs. That way they can watch from the side lines while someone else shows them how to do their freaking job!!!!!

Al seems to be content with playing isolation offense and then be lazy on the defensive side when it comes to the PNR and boxing his man out. It's too bad Minnesota wasn't willing to rather deal Love instead of Al.

I'm all for him never seeing the court unless the whole team is struggling and he can be a sparkplug. He has done that good on occassion. But in a close game? Blah.

its not a good sign if corbin is going to play his inferior pets...