What's new

Jazz @ Pistons 5:30 MT Saturday

Favors with just two rebounds. Meh.

sometimes it isnt about how many rebounds an individual has. Watching favors when a shot goes up you see him look for a man to box out and then execute boxing that man out. alot of the time someone else grabbed the rebound because favors was holding a piston player back allowing a teamate to grab the board. favors boxes out quite well.

Al seems to be content with playing isolation offense and then be lazy on the defensive side when it comes to the PNR and boxing his man out. It's too bad Minnesota wasn't willing to rather deal Love instead of Al.

Agreed. And I think the Jazz coaching, jerry and now jerry junior, has been too focussed on running the offensive system and not enough on defense. Thus they play memo-boozer and now milsap-aj despite the obvious gaping holes in the middle of the defense. They seem unwilling to adjust at all, just keep running that system.

Wolves knew what they were giving up in Jefferson.
They knew Love was the superior player and Jefferson's flaws.

There's nothing worse than being on the wrong end of a feel good story. But I expected a few bumps before the 10 game win streak.

Agreed. And I think the Jazz coaching, jerry and now jerry junior, has been too focussed on running the offensive system and not enough on defense. Thus they play memo-boozer and now milsap-aj despite the obvious gaping holes in the middle of the defense. They seem unwilling to adjust at all, just keep running that system.

If Corbin is going to do essentially the same thing as Sloan, being merely "Jerry JR.," then this team is in trouble indefinitely. Do something different, no point in having an inferior Jerry Sloan running the team.

Did anybody point out that we didn't lose once to the Pistons in the Deron Williams era? Now that he's gone, we lose immediately. Just a sign of the times.

Did anybody point out that we didn't lose once to the Pistons in the Deron Williams era? Now that he's gone, we lose immediately. Just a sign of the times.

You think we win that game with Deron, his bum wrist, our FT shooting, and terrible rebounding last night?

If anything, the team is playing much better without Mr. Negativity. I haven't seen Andrei this active since 04.

You think we win that game with Deron, his bum wrist, our FT shooting, and terrible rebounding last night?

If anything, the team is playing much better without Mr. Negativity. I haven't seen Andrei this active since 04.

They may or may not have, I don't care to speculate. I just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

The Jazz are still a garbage team, until I see otherwise. Moral victories dont count in the standings. Furthermore, the Jazz lost to a doormat team.

its not a good sign if corbin is going to play his inferior pets...

Cant believe the ownership and GM can be happy that Hayward does not see the floor when the horrible Price does. Also time to bench Elson and play the young guys more (Favors, Evans, Fes).

Cant believe the ownership and GM can be happy that Hayward does not see the floor when the horrible Price does. Also time to bench Elson and play the young guys more (Favors, Evans, Fes).

hayward? the more he plays the worse he gets. i'm a hayward homer, but come on... he is horrible. send him to the D-league already, please. maybe he'll get some confidence and come back improved next season.

hayward? the more he plays the worse he gets. i'm a hayward homer, but come on... he is horrible. send him to the D-league already, please. maybe he'll get some confidence and come back improved next season.

You think Price is better? If we are going to send someone to the DLeague it will be Evans. We have plenty of bigs now. He had some excellent games not to long ago.

Maybe you meant to say I'm NOT a Hayward homer cause the next time you say anything positive about him will be the first. The closest I can think of has been neutral posts not being negative or positive.
Hayward may not have helped last game especially as Pistons basically rotate 3 scoring PG's and that is the only reason I can see Price getting time over Hayward but heck have CJ or Hayward post them up, since we all know Raja runs away from scoring in the post, even on his good nights (by good nights I mean all 3 of them).

Anybody mentioning offensive issues is blind to the defensive and rebounding issues, heck the Jazz do one of those well they still win despite horrid FT shooting. Also last night was a good example of why Millsap defensively can't really be used as a SF, majority of the 3's were when he was guarding Daye or Charlie V.

Maybe you meant to say I'm NOT a Hayward homer cause the next time you say anything positive about him will be the first.

okay, so "homer" was not the right word.

i thought he was going to be good. the numbers looked good in the summer league. he put up 26 at Staples in the preseason. and to top it all off most everyone here hated him, which i interpreted as a sure sign he must be good.

then he followed all that up with... about 3 good games this entire season.