What's new

Kanter's Injury is NOT More Serious Than It Has Been Declared! And He Might Be in the FIBA WC 2014!

BtkJKdVCcAA88lO.jpg:large

A hasty translation..

July 27, 2014

Disclaimer about the statements on my health status:

I am upset for the news on the media about myself and my agent upon the evaluations of Prof. Dr. Tahsin Beyzadeoğlu regarding my latest health status on July 26, and I must express that the news don’t reflect the truth.

In the morning of July 25, upon the demand of my medical report, we did request from my doctor Micheal Terry to submit the reports to Mr. Beyzadeoğlu on the same day at noon. The details of the meeting between himself and Mr. Terry was not surprise to any of us. I believe it shouldn’t be argued much about whether the meniscus got stitches or it was just a little cleaning or the stitches were regular operation stitches etc which are all technical medical issues. At this stage, I must express that the recovery phase where I’m as a professional athlete and the effort I’m putting in are more significant than my health status being determined over some phone calls. Just two weeks ago, my sutures were removed and I started physiotherapy. Everyday, with my best efforts, I continue to do both weightlifting workouts for my upper body, and jogging/cycling workouts for my knees. I’m taking this period seriously, in the professional guidance and orientation of both my Utah Jazz team trainers, my doctors and my agent. I’m having a healthy process in the lead and guidance of the Utah Jazz managers that I’m responsible and liable to.

Finally, to basketball fans, whom I respect all whether they support me or not, I would like to say: I too desire to return to the national team as at least as much as you want me to do, but this process is very hard for me so I request from you not to accredit and trust this kind of sensational news on the media. I’m too a son of this country like you all are and I have the desire too to serve my nation as you do. So please, I request from you more moderate approaches by revising all the comments, opinions and our statements.

With respect and reverence,

Enes Kanter

Edit: I'm adding this also to the first page of the thread.

what he wrote: bla bla bla bla ...
what he thinks: "I'm afraid Ataman may hurt my $70m legs"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOIiVJmC5_4

This loyalty to your country by playing basketball is exhausting and stupid. I realize that it's important to that country's fans, but gimme a break. He's an adult and if he doesnt want to play exhibition ball then so be it.

And no offense to Dalamon.. but there are plenty of better ways to get in shape for the season than traveling overseas, living out of a hotel, and playing some games at about 20 minutes per night.

If I were him I'd stalk QS until I made him start coaching me up.. now.

Olympics and International solidarity event are exhibitions? What you know anyway you are American you do not care.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];880662 said:
Olympics and International solidarity event are exhibitions? What you know anyway you are American you do not care.

u gotz me pegged bro from another co(untry)

It's obvious Kanter is a manager's puppy biatch! If he has got heart to tell it directly, then tell it that you do not wanna play for national team. Why you still tellin lie about your surgery even though people hated your silly childish behaviour in last year?

Turkish posters: is the chance of Kanter playing 0%? Or is his statement more of an explanation behind the series f events, saying he actually is injured, and he's in the recovery stage right now?

I mean FIBA starts in like September, so it's still ways away.

I am happy that Kanter creates some drama every off season. Thanks to him we something to talk about in August.

Seems to me that Turkish fans are being very unreasonable and overly sensitive.

I get it. These games are very important to the country and the fans. But what about the players well being and professional careers? Kanter had surgery, it's not like he just not playing because he doesn't want to. I know that would justify your irrational, egotistical discontent with Kanter, but in reality its a player, with millions of $$$ on the line this year, playing it safe, just like EVERY player would do, not just Enes.

It could give you some great reason why I wouldn't play if I were him:

1. Last tournament he was practically frozen out of games by the guards and their chucking. We were saying the same thing last time, "Oh, it will be great experience!". Well, it was a totally ****ing worthless experience and, if anything, put his body through more wear and tear.

2. His coach is a joke. The turkish fans are obsessing about his sex life.

3. His country only has his back if he plays. Such support!

4. The Jazz are actually paying the kid to play, and as a Jazz fan, I want that investment protected as much as possible. If he's capable of what the Turkish fans think he is healthy, he'll bring more pride to country by succeeding at the highest level, the NBA not FIBA.

I know the Turks will come back saying I don't understand, and that may be the case. Well guess what? YOU don't understand our perspective either apparently.

Most of this drama has been drummed up by Turkey, not Enes. Their obsession with his condition post surgery, bad reporting, the Turkish NT dropping the ball and not even able to get a solid medical report (WTF, is this amateur hour?), and all the speculation by media and fans, the list goes on and on. Turkey should be embarrassed because of their behavior, not Enes'.

i m glad that he is not playing. it means he will focus on his own training. what he needs is personal development on his defense. i hope this move helps him to get better on defense. he will be in better shape fo sho

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Well, maybe is not as serious as once thought, but a meniscus issue requiring surgery is serious in my book. Not a good sign. It is starting to look like he is injury prone. Lets hope not.

Turkish Basketball Association stated Kanter is 'expected' to join the NT next week, has two problems with his knees: 1. a meniscus tear due to 'a chronic problem' 2. 'Kuadriseps tendinit’ which was treated with an injection. From what I read, these problems may not be too serious but the word 'chronic' is worrisome.

i m glad that he is not playing. it means he will focus on his own training. what he needs is personal development on his defense. i hope this move helps him to get better on defense. he will be in better shape fo sho

Best way to learn is in real 5v5 tournament play.

It could give you some great reason why I wouldn't play if I were him:

1. Last tournament he was practically frozen out of games by the guards and their chucking. We were saying the same thing last time, "Oh, it will be great experience!". Well, it was a totally ****ing worthless experience and, if anything, put his body through more wear and tear.

2. His coach is a joke. The turkish fans are obsessing about his sex life.

3. His country only has his back if he plays. Such support!

4. The Jazz are actually paying the kid to play, and as a Jazz fan, I want that investment protected as much as possible. If he's capable of what the Turkish fans think he is healthy, he'll bring more pride to country by succeeding at the highest level, the NBA not FIBA.

Most of this drama has been drummed up by Turkey, not Enes. Their obsession with his condition post surgery, bad reporting, the Turkish NT dropping the ball and not even able to get a solid medical report (WTF, is this amateur hour?), and all the speculation by media and fans, the list goes on and on. Turkey should be embarrassed because of their behavior, not Enes'.

I don't know where to start. How do you know the coach? He is a wizard with cups/trophies higher than you height if piled up. We're just joking around with his private life, which is no one else's business. He is twice better than your average NBA coach. Ask Deron Williams, he will probably tell Ataman is the best coach he's ever worked with. And you don't know what a national team is, which is quite understandable given you don't know what a nation is.

Turkish posters: is the chance of Kanter playing 0%? Or is his statement more of an explanation behind the series f events, saying he actually is injured, and he's in the recovery stage right now?

I mean FIBA starts in like September, so it's still ways away.
To me, he could join this one, had backwards feet, and when that crap about the Turkish doc not diggin the operation and all, he easily decided he will not come. You see, he is like a sensitive little bird that gets offended by these type of things.

I think what the Turkish doc did was wrong. Turkey shouldn't care much for Enes more than simply calling him to join up the camp roster and leave the rest to him. If he doesn't make it to the camp, then hope to see you after two years. But instead they overpush the issue and the rest is the whole drama crap.

I think he will join his NT next year. He looks like he is taking it slow in this thing and will join when the roster has more of his generation instead of the old guys who suffered the loss he laughed at.

Personally, I would love to watch him o the NT but screw him if there is always gonna be a period treat.

Best way to learn is in real 5v5 tournament play.

If he is under a good coach, then yes. I dont think he learned to play any defense last year even thou he played nearly 70~80 games. i heard bad things about turk coaches. well they cant be worse than corbin i guess lol

To me, he could join this one, had backwards feet, and when that crap about the Turkish doc not diggin the operation and all, he easily decided he will not come. You see, he is like a sensitive little bird that gets offended by these type of things.

I think what the Turkish doc did was wrong. Turkey shouldn't care much for Enes more than simply calling him to join up the camp roster and leave the rest to him. If he doesn't make it to the camp, then hope to see you after two years. But instead they overpush the issue and the rest is the whole drama crap.

I think he will join his NT next year. He looks like he is taking it slow in this thing and will join when the roster has more of his generation instead of the old guys who suffered the loss he laughed at.

Personally, I would love to watch him o the NT but screw him if there is always gonna be a period treat.

He just does not have balls to tell the truth instead let drama increase. If he does not care to play for NT, u gotta admit it and let it go. I do not think his wish depends on roster or etc. He just gives fingerbird to NT, his all tweets and formal declaration are just crap and stuff for PR

I don't know where to start. How do you know the coach? He is a wizard with cups/trophies higher than you height if piled up. We're just joking around with his private life, which is no one else's business. He is twice better than your average NBA coach. Ask Deron Williams, he will probably tell Ataman is the best coach he's ever worked with. And you don't know what a national team is, which is quite understandable given you don't know what a nation is.

Do you know the coach? He may be well decorated, but from what I've seen in terms of his scheme's with Enes, there's a lot to be desired. Just my opinion. Plus, I wouldn't plug Deron Williams as a judge of coaches considering his checkered past with coaches.

I don't know what a national team is? Ok. What? I realize the Turkish team is important to you and the country, and it's not as big a deal here. But that's no excuse to act like a bunch children who's parents won't let them have ice cream.

I'm more concerned about Enes' health at this point. Talk of chronic knee problems really worries me.