What's new

Mitchell needs to start

Mitchell should just learn decision making. When to pass, when to shoot, when to force shoot. Then he will be just fine. Allstar talent. He always reminded me Wade but im not sure if he will ever get to that level. I hope yes. Anyway, in long term, we should have to start Mitchell and let Rodney move, and get a Kuzma type 4. Maybe we should draft a Aaron Gordon type PF upcoming year.

the rookie wall is incredibly overrated. most rookies have better second halfs of the season that first half because they improve over the course of the season. the rookie wall is about as realistic as Donald Trump's wall.

the rookie wall is incredibly overrated. most rookies have better second halfs of the season that first half because they improve over the course of the season. the rookie wall is about as realistic as Donald Trump's wall.

Yeah. Most rookies start on the bench with limited roles though. As the season goes on, rookies find their way and because of injuries or trades they find their way on the floor more. Dante Exum for example floors he'd after the trade deadline. Before that he was parked in the corner.

Mitchell is on a different path than most rookies. Even though he is coming off of the bench now, he is a major contributor so far. The energy he plays with is abnormal for a first year NBA player. He plays like a sprinter when the NBA season is a marathon, of which he has never run. The rookie wall is going to hit him hard imo. But not so hard in his second year...or third year...

Yeah. Most rookies start on the bench with limited roles though. As the season goes on, rookies find their way and because of injuries or trades they find their way on the floor more. Dante Exum for example floors he'd after the trade deadline. Before that he was parked in the corner.

Mitchell is on a different path than most rookies. Even though he is coming off of the bench now, he is a major contributor so far. The energy he plays with is abnormal for a first year NBA player. He plays like a sprinter when the NBA season is a marathon, of which he has never run. The rookie wall is going to hit him hard imo. But not so hard in his second year...or third year...
Meh, i disagree. The rookie wall is like bigfoot - there is no shortage of folks who discuss it, but there is a glaring lack of evidence that it actually exists.

Hood seems to have already hit it.

LOL.

I think the rookie wall used to exist and still may be a minor factor for some who aren't in great shape. College players were used to 30 games + the tournament, then the end of basketball season and some time off until getting back into it the following year. But now, most are "1 and done" and there is no off-season. They're working from the end of their college season to get ready for pre-draft camps and individual workouts; then it's on to summer league and pre-camp workouts. They arrive for pre-season in shape and ready to go.

Mitchell may not be able to keep up his frenetic pace for 82 games. But that might be a good thing. Let him slow down just a bit so he learns how to pick his spots. I don't see him hitting much of a wall, though. Wouldn't it be great if he can average close to 20 for the rest of the season?

I’m losing a little patience with Rodney. This was supposed to be his “leap” year with Haircut gone. Maybe this is just who he is, and if so, I am perfectly fine starting Mitchell.

DM gets some love from the Houston Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni:

"Mitchell is really great, I didn't know him before. He was in Chris Paul's camp. Chris said, 'This guy is really good' and guess what, he is. He's playing super. He's going to be super. He's got a great game."

I have to apologize, i think mitchel needs to start. doesnt matter who gets benched. mitchel needs to START RIGHT NOW!

this is me eating crow

I also thought that Mitchell would take his time adjusting, but now he’s going after the starting job of the guy who was supposed to be the teams no.1 option.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this kid. Can we clone him?

Hey at this point try anything. Seriously why the **** not?

So has Mitchell legit won the starting job? It seems like he fits in better with the other guys and Hood has the green light to gun it when he comes in as the first sub.

So has Mitchell legit won the starting job? It seems like he fits in better with the other guys and Hood has the green light to gun it when he comes in as the first sub.

I think so, but I don't think it matters much. Starter or not we need both these guys to play consistently to win games and both will usually be on court at the end of games. Hood is better off the bench because he's not confident enough to be THAT guy. Mitchell will have off on on games but the dude is does not lack confidence.

I started touting him after the first summer league game and called it that he would be an All-Star and the next Dame -- I think he's going to be better. Of course there were doubters, like Archie, who is gradually changing his opinion. But I can see it now, when he becomes an All-Star, Archie will say, yeah, he's good but look at his shooting percentage.

1) no one cares
2) you weren't the first or only
3) shut up

Well, I was actually the first. But so what. Of course you don't care and it really doesn't matter. You're right about that. But there were a lot more doubters at that time. Listen, I don't really like someone telling me to shut up, Numbnuts