What's new

Mitchell will romp to the ROY award...

I'm pretty sure Karl and John were voted multiple times as starters in the All Star game.
but was it by the public? i think the voting system changed because of social media. when john and karl where in the nba i think you had to attend nba games to vote right. that is different now any fool in the wolrd who for example only watches lakers game can now vote

but was it by the public? i think the voting system changed because of social media. when john and karl where in the nba i think you had to attend nba games to vote right. that is different now any fool in the wolrd who for example only watches lakers game can now vote
Yeah, dude. One year, he was snubbed by Green, but for the most part, fans respected him as an AS. That said, I'm speaking out of my *** cause I couldn't find anything online that said the public selected Karl x amount of all-star games.

Yeah, dude. One year, he was snubbed by Green, but for the most part, fans respected him as an AS. That said, I'm speaking out of my *** cause I couldn't find anything online that said the public selected Karl x amount of all-star games.
that is because it where fans who actually went to games, aso sure thye had their home town faveroites. but when it came to other teams especially other conference they kinda gave it a fair shake. now a troll called dutchjazzer on the other side of the world can vote for anyone he likes :D.

that being said unless we get a top 3 player no jazz playe rwill be voted into a starter role in the current system. is mitchell a future top 3? maybe hard to say right now top 15-top 20 i think so for sure

They'll give it to Simmons. Even if Mitchell happens to end the year with better stats and a bigger impact on his team. Mitchell won't make the All Star game this year either. Awards and All Star games are a damn media popularity contest. They aren't about who the better players are. Our players aren't sitting at the cool kids table so they aren't invited. Why do you think Gobert lost the DPOY last year when he was clearly the best defender in the league?

Donovan has been getting plenty of media love so don't worry about that.

Nah, I totally disagree. I think people would prefer to give it to Mitchell and he only won't get it if Simmons handily beats him in stats. Mitchell is more exciting and has MUCH more scoring ability. Simmons has him beat all around, and defensively (for now). But Mitchell wins all of the intangible battles.

He's exciting as hell, no weaknesses, and is the type of player that people all around the league fall in love with, not just people in Utah. He just has the look about him. If Mitchell earns ROTY he will get it, I'm very confident.

This. Simmons was better in October and November, Mitchell was much better in December. It's looking like a 2-4 (What's up with Fultz's injury?) player race with DM and Simmons as the clear front-runners and Kuzma/Tatum in the mix.

Having watched Simmons against the Suns today, he is pretty darn impressive. I mean, how many players can be as dangerous as him and not even threaten to score outside the paint? His line of 21/9/6/3/3 (5 TO) is pretty tantalizing...

He almost never seems to be beaten one on one in defense and still has the ability to sag into the passing lanes without screwing up defensive assignments.

So although I believe Mitchell will win ROTY, Simmons has untapped potential (assuming he does actually shoot one of these days)...

But having said all that - Mitchell is a done deal. He will guaranteed have an exceptional career (barring injuries and other adverse circumstances). Simmons has some impediments he will have to overcome.

The good news is that DM is legitimately in the conversation for ROY. I doubt any of us thought that was a possibility on draft night. Simmons is still very impressive but DM is getting plenty of love from both the media and the big names in the league. I don't see him in the running for the ASG but that is a who cares for me. I think he has made the question of who will win ROY a legitimate conversation. And there is no doubt whatsoever that the Jazz will be doing all they can to promote DM for ROY as the time gets closer. It isn't Locke but it will be the PR and marketing folks. It is very good pub for the Jazz to do so.

The most amazing thing about Mitchell is he is now facing double teams most nights, and is STILL going off. Just the fact that you are constantly drawing a double as a rookie should speak louder than any other statistic.

The good news is that DM is legitimately in the conversation for ROY. I doubt any of us thought that was a possibility on draft night. Simmons is still very impressive but DM is getting plenty of love from both the media and the big names in the league. I don't see him in the running for the ASG but that is a who cares for me. I think he has made the question of who will win ROY a legitimate conversation. And there is no doubt whatsoever that the Jazz will be doing all they can to promote DM for ROY as the time gets closer. It isn't Locke but it will be the PR and marketing folks. It is very good pub for the Jazz to do so.

I did. Legitimately.

The difference it seems to me, though I haven't watched that much of Simmons, is that while he is good, he doesn't do things in a spectacular fashion like DM. One of his gifts is being 6-10 and able to handle like a guard, though not like Magic could. He also is not a good shooter and will need to work on that. Could he be another LeBron? I don't think he has that level of athletic ability. But no doubt a guy that size with his handle and court vision is going to be a top player in the league.

Mitchell is only averaging 2 more points than simmons and 2 less turnovers. Simmons is averaging more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and free throw attempts than Donovan Mitchell. Just stop it; you are embarrassing yourself.

Ben Simmons has a real knack for doing what he does best. Does Mitchell? I'd say so. They both should win a trophy. Give them each one, I doubt they'd know the difference, just make sure to change the name on the plaque lol!

- Craig

Ben Simmons has a real knack for doing what he does best. Does Mitchell? I'd say so. They both should win a trophy. Give them each one, I doubt they'd know the difference, just make sure to change the name on the plaque lol!

- Craig
Thought you were banned?

Donovan's start to the season cannot be overlooked or ignored, and lets face it guys, it wasn't just rough, it was pretty damn atrocious.

Simmons looked special from first tip off but yes, he slowed down in December and Mitchell was clearly better, and has looked special himself. I still have Simmons slightly in front but I tell ya what, I will pull the trigger damn soon if it continues like this, and put Mitchell ahead.

I am Aussie as some of you know, but I think I'm pragmatic in my thought process. I say this because if you look at the completion of the two players and their overall stats, it's tilted towards Simmons, and that he has been a surprisingly better defender. But the pragmatic nature in me says that Mitchell is right there, and anybody who thinks that there is a wide gap between the two is wrong. Media, and maybe even some of us thought it won't even be close, yet here we are.

Mitchell gets that same double team look out on the perimeter that harden gets. That opens up the middle of the floor for days for favors and udoh, but udoh has already blown like 12 potential layup assists off that play. Mitchell has been solid at splitting that double.

Mitchell is a better shooter than Simmons, but simmons is a better rebounder, passer, and defender than Mitchell. Simmons is a better all round player than Mitchell.

HAlf Right here. Yes it was fans at nba Live games that got to vote and stockton never Started an ASG had magic Not B
been forced to retire do The ignorance of players lead by one KArl Malone. Also the Jealousy of the Lakers Around here is funny. Fans of The NBA overseas are not all Lakers Fans. Get a grip on reality. PErsonally I think Only Americans should be able to Vote And foreign fans can once with A NBA League PAass Subscription. Also all fans should only be able to vote SImmons Deserves An ASG Spot but he Zmost likely will be a starter cuz Aussies will Zkeep voting MUltiple TImes. For record TOO Mitchell could win ROY And Simmons Being an allstar Due to The WEst being way more loaded THis year. SO DOnt take it as a slAp To Mitchell if he doesnt make all STar Game. WEst is loaded. ALlso lets stop with Donovon can be the GOAT. Lets enjoy this rookie CAmpaign and looking at A bright future.

I'm becoming less concerned about ROY and more concerned about him being an all Star this year.

Jazz need to make a run in January and be in the 6th seed to get him into the all Star game this year.

Are they still doing West/East quota this year? If not I agree he has a chance.