What's new

Mitchell will romp to the ROY award...

but was it by the public? i think the voting system changed because of social media. when john and karl where in the nba i think you had to attend nba games to vote right. that is different now any fool in the wolrd who for example only watches lakers game can now vote

As crazy as it sounds, John and Karl were mostly pre-internet. Internet voting pretty much screws up everything it touches.

but was it by the public? i think the voting system changed because of social media. when john and karl where in the nba i think you had to attend nba games to vote right. that is different now any fool in the wolrd who for example only watches lakers game can now vote

As crazy as it sounds, John and Karl were mostly pre-internet. Internet voting pretty much screws up everything it touches.
Mitchell is only averaging 2 more points than simmons and 2 less turnovers. Simmons is averaging more rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, and free throw attempts than Donovan Mitchell. Just stop it; you are embarrassing yourself.

Drop off the first couple weeks of the season, And Mitchell is straight killing it, and is STILL killing it despite being defended like he is Harden. Simmons is damn good, but no one is riding him in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. He racks up assists and rebounds, but he isn't "must watch" basketball like Mitchell is. I think if we are looking for a Mitchell comp a great one would be Vince Carter, not because of the similarities of style, but because you might miss something special if you don't tune in. Jazz should get a lot more televised games next year that just weren't going to happen with Hayward as the face of the franchise.

Ultimately I think they split the award between Simmons and Mitchell unless one of them get injured or completely falls off of a cliff statistically.

Oh, and before I forget, you can screw right off, loser.

HAlf Right here. Yes it was fans at nba Live games that got to vote and stockton never Started an ASG had magic Not B
been forced to retire do The ignorance of players lead by one KArl Malone. Also the Jealousy of the Lakers Around here is funny. Fans of The NBA overseas are not all Lakers Fans. Get a grip on reality. PErsonally I think Only Americans should be able to Vote And foreign fans can once with A NBA League PAass Subscription. Also all fans should only be able to vote SImmons Deserves An ASG Spot but he Zmost likely will be a starter cuz Aussies will Zkeep voting MUltiple TImes. For record TOO Mitchell could win ROY And Simmons Being an allstar Due to The WEst being way more loaded THis year. SO DOnt take it as a slAp To Mitchell if he doesnt make all STar Game. WEst is loaded. ALlso lets stop with Donovon can be the GOAT. Lets enjoy this rookie CAmpaign and looking at A bright future.
Holy **** what's with all the annoying random capitol letters? I quit reading due to it just plain being annoying.

Normally I’d agree about the bigger market and media. But Mitchell is crushing those barriers as well.

He’s all over SI, ESPN, NBA, The Ringer, FoxSports, CBSports, Deadspin...

That is not even counting the constant articles by Jazz media and the posts by other cities media when they play Utah. Denver, Cleveland and Boston media has just recently had pieces about, or including, Mitchell.

He’s taking the media’s attention by force.

The most amazing thing about Mitchell is he is now facing double teams most nights, and is STILL going off. Just the fact that you are constantly drawing a double as a rookie should speak louder than any other statistic.

So true.
But teams have launched whole team defenses to combat Simmons. But as you say, Mitchell (generally) hasn't been slowed down.

The thing I love most about Mitchell's last 6 weeks is his poise and efficiency. He seems to take all the right shots now.

01988db1-b170-4861-ba3f-f5c9f91101d3

How has no one made this joke yet?

BEka8aP.png

Mitchell is a better shooter than Simmons, but simmons is a better rebounder, passer, and defender than Mitchell. Simmons is a better all round player than Mitchell.

Mitchell is a better winner too

Here is a link to the NBA's Week 12 Power Rankings: http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2017-18-week-12#/

Quoting from the ranking (Jazz at 21):

"It's not just that Donovan Mitchell is putting up numbers and producing highlights. It's that, with Ricky Rubio playing his best game in more than a month on Saturday, Quin Snyder had Rubio on the bench and Mitchell running the offense down the stretch of a close game against LeBron James and the Cavs. It worked and the Jazz got their first win in a game that was within five points in the last five minutes since Dec. 1. The Jazz have scored 102 points per 100 possessions in 551 minutes with both starting guards on the floor, and 109 in 525 minutes with Mitchell on the floor without Rubio. Since Thanksgiving, Mitchell has averaged almost 23 points per game (best among rookies by a wide margin) on an effective field goal percentage of 59 percent, the fifth best mark among 66 players who have attempted at least 200 shots in that time."

To repeat what I said earlier in another thread, we should start either Mitchell/Hood or Rubio/Burks. The playing Mitchell with Rubio is just wasting DM's minutes because of the double teams.

Here is a link to the NBA's Week 12 Power Rankings: http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2017-18-week-12#/

Quoting from the ranking (Jazz at 21):

"It's not just that Donovan Mitchell is putting up numbers and producing highlights. It's that, with Ricky Rubio playing his best game in more than a month on Saturday, Quin Snyder had Rubio on the bench and Mitchell running the offense down the stretch of a close game against LeBron James and the Cavs. It worked and the Jazz got their first win in a game that was within five points in the last five minutes since Dec. 1. The Jazz have scored 102 points per 100 possessions in 551 minutes with both starting guards on the floor, and 109 in 525 minutes with Mitchell on the floor without Rubio. Since Thanksgiving, Mitchell has averaged almost 23 points per game (best among rookies by a wide margin) on an effective field goal percentage of 59 percent, the fifth best mark among 66 players who have attempted at least 200 shots in that time."

To repeat what I said earlier in this thread, we should start either Mitchell/Hood or Rubio/Burks. The playing Mitchell with Rubio is just wasting DM's minutes.
http://nbawowy.com/#/kl8foe9ijs
http://nbawowy.com/#/m18ts5f8yim

Actually Mitchell has played better w/ Rubio than w/o in the last month.

And Snyder isnt about to start Burks when his confidence in Burks wavers so greatly and he is losing minutes to Royce.

Drop off the first couple weeks of the season, And Mitchell is straight killing it, and is STILL killing it despite being defended like he is Harden. Simmons is damn good, but no one is riding him in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line. He racks up assists and rebounds, but he isn't "must watch" basketball like Mitchell is. I think if we are looking for a Mitchell comp a great one would be Vince Carter, not because of the similarities of style, but because you might miss something special if you don't tune in. Jazz should get a lot more televised games next year that just weren't going to happen with Hayward as the face of the franchise.

Ultimately I think they split the award between Simmons and Mitchell unless one of them get injured or completely falls off of a cliff statistically.

Oh, and before I forget, you can screw right off, loser.

I would agree it is a tie between these two if Mitchell is able to bump his season point average to around 24, 25. At the moment Simmons has to be the favourite for ROY because of his his higher averages of rebounds, assists and steals.

I would agree it is a tie between these two if Mitchell is able to bump his season point average to around 24, 25. At the moment Simmons has to be the favourite for ROY because of his his higher averages of rebounds, assists and steals.
Oh is that how it works

I know Mitchell making the All Star game is a long shot, but if he continues his amazing play, there’s a slight chance he could. I hope Jazz fans can do their best to try and make that slight chance a little better. Here’s all the ways to vote:

-You can vote here once every 24 hours: https://vote.nba.com/?iref=asv18_nbacom_news&cid=asv18_nbacom_news

-One ballot on the NBA app every 24 hours

- use “Donovan Mitchell #NBAVOTE” on Facebook and twitter. You can also use his twitter handle with the hashtag #NBAVOTE as well.

-Google search- Search “NBA Vote All-Star” or “NBA Vote Team Name” (i.e., NBA Vote Warriors) and use respective voting cards to select teams and then players. Fans may submit votes for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.

Amazon Alexa- To vote via Amazon Alexa, the user must have an Alexa-enabled device, and enable the “NBA All-Star” skill. To submit a vote, the user can open the skill with, “Alexa, open NBA All-Star,” and then request to vote for his or her player of choice. Voters can submit a maximum of one player name per request to Alexa. Users can submit votes for 10 unique players per Amazon account each day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.

Last edited: